Since the last roadmap update, we’ve delivered 3 roadmap items in 5 releases: improved blur estimation, strong raw noise parameter estimation, and improved batch processing workflow with Apply Current Settings. We’ve also shipped some significant performance and stability improvements. You can learn more about these changes here.
We’re actively working on model quality and workflow improvements:
- Enhance Resolution model that recovers finer detail is currently in the final stages. We will deliver it in Gigapixel first, then Topaz Photo AI shortly afterwards.
- Remove Noise model for non-raw images that recovers more detail and responds better to slider changes.
- Sharpen model that’s intended to produce fewer artifacts.
- In-app cropping tool.
- Apple Photos extension.
- Improve initial subject detection model accuracy, particularly the Portrait option.
- Improve raw file handling, particularly around lens correction, metadata, orientation, color, and interaction with Lightroom. (Please reply and upload your raw file if you’re having related problems.)
- Explore fixing the “pop-up background face” issue where Face Recovery will create jarringly sharp faces from a blurry background
- Further improve subject refinement capabilities, especially for images that are difficult to mask with AI Brush   
- Updating Autopilot Configuration affects open images instead of forcing an app restart 
Note that we canceled adding an Autopilot Configuration option for noise until we can better assess the quality of the upcoming Remove Noise model.
Topaz Photo AI is designed to maximize image quality on autopilot. Our vision is to build a tool that you trust to produce outstanding image quality with zero clicks, so you can focus on more creative parts of your work. To help guide our future roadmap for this, please give us your thoughts on:
- Image quality. After the current round of upscaling, denoising, and sharpening improvements, which image quality problems do you wish we would solve?
- Image understanding. How does Autopilot currently misunderstand your photo or give faulty recommendations?
- Workflow. Where does Topaz Photo AI currently cause the most pain in your workflow?
In general, we focus on building features that pave the path to zero-click image quality for as many users as possible. (This is also why stability and performance are so important to us.) While we won’t be able to implement every feature request, we do read each post and consider your feedback invaluable.
Thanks for using Topaz Photo AI, and we’re looking forward to building a great tool in 2023 together!