DPX format for * Improve the batch processing workflow a 10 bits
Free royalties Kodak .
DPX format for * Improve the batch processing workflow a 10 bits
I really like Topaz Photo AI, but one change could really improve my workflow. When I want to send my RAW photos in batch mode to Photo AI, I want it to apply my Lightroom changes BEFORE it does its noise reduction and sharpening. It doesn’t, but it needs to.
Until I do some cropping and LR adjustments, I don’t know if a picture is going to make my short list of good images. So I don’t want to run everything through Photo AI until I know if it is going to be one of my good images or not.
This is REALLY important. In some cases, converting my 56MB RAW file to a TIFF can result in file bloat to almost 300MB. If I can apply PhotoAI to my RAW files and get back a DNG, I know I’ll have a much smaller file. And I guess I can do that by right clicking an selecting Edit In (haven’t tried it but it sounds like I can), but that is too slow when I am talking dozens of files. I really need the batch workflow.
Me too, was just looking for an answer to this.!!
Before working on new models or adding functionality, could you please make sure the application works?
The last releases (1.1.x) are indeed a good deal quicker and more responsive while refining masks and updating previews after zooming/panning than 1.0.10 but that is where my positivity ends.
I’m a new user since black Friday and already start to feel like a beta tester.
- The sharpening shifts images ~3px down+right, but not the recovered faces.
- The non-raw noise removal has 1 setting: on/off. The strength slider does nothing and the default strength is too high.
- Lens correction (when opening .RAF raw file containing Fujifilm lens correction meta data) does nothing.
- “subject only” toggle does not restrict sharpening to only the subject.
- zooming using the scroll wheel does not centre on the cursor’s location but rather the current screen centre.
Dumb brush selection tool
Hi, I don’t understand why is there an AI brush, for me it’s an oxymoron, the bush is here to fix / tame the AI, that’s user input, that’s the user creative control. It’s there when AI fails. so having an AI brush is completely the opposite of that’s needed.
The AI brush though improved is slow (cause you can’t brush large stroke), and it has a ming of its own which is very annoying to battle.
If you could at least explain us why there’s an AI brush, why did you create this, ands what’s AI about it, but to me it’s just make me want to quit the program and that’s why I often have to get back to topaze sharpen AI.
Your software is great, but to me that AI tool just gets in the way, and its kind of pretentious, it’s like s statement “the AI knows better than the human”, no it doesn’t.
Your software has to have an mind of it’s own, when its sucessfull. But when it isn’t it should be humble, and let human corrects it.
Otherwise this will be an AI that will be hour enemy, and a partner as it should, and therefor this software will fall in the gimmick work, unworthy for professional or expert users who just happen to be the market of ist, the only ones ables to gives 100$ arraound to a great tool.
So if you want to keep the AI brush for whatever unfathomable reason, fine, but if you want your software to thrive amongst teh users that drives your market, give us also a DUMB bush that works as an alpha mask, with opacity slide, applying the effect according to the transparency.
P.S : I think you photo AI should have as musch alpha channel as there’s tools :
One blue for noise removal, one green fort sharpening, one yellow for face recovery, and the red one for all.
P.S.2 : after painstakely masked what i want, i just noticed that the sharpening (motion blur) did not take any consideration for my mask and sharpened everything anyways. v1.1.1
Can please get enhance resolution to work from photoshop as well. Would really be very use full. Thanks
1000 likes for this! I (and many others) have been asking for manual brush since the first release (among other things, like FULL autopilot configuration)!
There needs to be a CROP added to Upscale.
The “AI Masking Brush” is still not what a number of us are content with in PAI.
The features we’ve been expressing a desire for include:
- “Brush” tip (circle and ideally square) that enlarges or gets smaller to help us see not only the area of contact but also the diffusion area around that point of contact.
- A masking “Brush” that can be painted with like a real brush - ie, it lays down a selectable color overlay in smooth strokes only where we paint (not the free-form, snaking manner the AI Brush operates) - this is key b/c sometimes we don’t want a brush that goes on a search & fill mission and we want to control where a mask is laid down
- An Edge-Aware option for the brush (On/Off switch that is sticky and stays in the position the user last operated it) - Studio’s edge aware masking facility was always right on the money
- Hardness/Softness settings for the Masking Brush
- Easy-to-use keyboard hotkey (like ALT/OPTION) for switching b/wn Add & Subtract (not requiring going to a button for either of those functions)
Those are vital (at least initial) features for a masking brush - of course, it’s also important for the painted in mask to be accurately inverted if desired. Thx.
Would be nice if a batch processing of all in multiple image batches would be to current settings or is it there, Otherwise it really is not batch processing.
Please don’t forget fix for Topaz Photo AI still have Digital Signed issue.
Smart App Control is still block sometimes at 1.1.2.
Photoshop, Capture One, DxO PhotoLab is already works with Smart App Control. Only Topaz products remain this issue.
I have regularly updated the offered updates. I have a Macbook Air M1 with 16GB ram and a 1 TB hard disk. My photos are generally on an external drive or external SSD.
With the recent updates, Photo AI crashes when I use the Brush option to redefine what has been chosen as a subject. So I decided to uninstall and reinstall Photo AI. This did not work. Then I decided to go back from the current Version 1.1.2 to 1.1.1. Same issues.
With the iterative process I have now gone back to version 1.09 where both the Edit from within Lightroom is working as well as native RAW editing directly. In both the versions, I am not getting any crashes. Having seen the 1.09 version stable I will now proceed to 1.0.10.
I am running Mac Ventura.
Dec 20th 2022
I have now tested the Version 1.0.10 which also works well. So between the updates from 1.0.10 to 1.1.1 and 1.1.2 there seems to be an additon which is crashing the software on Macs for sure.
The other thing I have noticed is that when we do a Raw edit directly via the Plug in, it creates artifacts on things like a Tigers whiskers for instance. IF I use the LRC edit option, then this does not occur. Attached screenshots show the difference between original NEF, DNG and Tif files.
Hi. Respect for your work and progress. I would suggest two features I’m really missing:
- it would be very helpful to have the possibility to keep the lens/camera-data in the exif-data of a raw-file. Photo AI returns a really RAW-pic - means: the internal lens-correction is lost (you see the “real” quality of the lens like vignetting and distortion) and I have to “rebuild” it.
- it would be great to have the option to add grain on top of it. Sometimes the denoising is too good for the human eye and some grain will give the picture a more natural look.
Absolutely. The masking is still too hit and miss. It would be brilliant off there could be more control. And a hotkey is essential.
I’ve noticed improvement over the Standalone Gigapixel in recent tests. However there are some features that are missing from Photo AI, that must be added before Gigapixel can be retired:
- Batch editing using the same settings. (As you can on Gigapixel. Currently you have to set them for every single image manually)
- Custom upscale resolution selection (Currently you’re restrict to 2x 4x 6x)
- Gamma Correction option
Good luck and Happy Holidays
Looking forward to to the Apple Photos extension!
Desired upscale resolution can simply be entered into the resolution boxes. You are not restricted to 2x, 4x …
Yes you essentially are restrict, because sure you can enter manual resolution, but you are expected to know the exact dimension values of your image in 2.5x 3x 5x. That’s a joke.
They need to port over how Gigapixel has it.