Topaz Video AI v3.1.4

Hello Everyone!

A new release of Topaz Video AI is now available.
v3.1.4
Released February 7th, 2023

Download: Windows , Mac .

Changes from v3.1.3:

• Fixed Apollo model not loading

v3.1.3
Released February 7th, 2023.

Download: Windows , Mac .

Changes from v3.1.2:

• Improved Apollo model now produces sharper results
  • Adds support for replacing duplicate frames for frame interpolation
  • Stabilization Reduce Jittery Motion is faster on NVIDIA GPU
  • Fixes Stabilization taking a long time before starting the 2nd pass for long videos on M1/M2 Mac
  • Fixes issue with video load crashes for some videos
  • Fixes progress bar on preview rendering
  • Misc. bug fixes and improvements

Submit files here: Dropbox

Please take a look at the Video Roadmap Update for more context on what we’re focusing on right now. Thanks in advance for your feedback!

9 Likes

Any plans to add the 4-window comparison screen so I can compare the video quality of the various models like in v2.6?

11 Likes

Any status on adding support for AMD’s new AI cores in RDNA 3\7000 series GPUs?

2 Likes

Thought I’d try out Apollo 5: - Error message from AI engine: model not found. Is it not up on the servers for download yet?

2 Likes

Outstanding work! Duplicate frame interpolation is a feature I’ve been hoping to see for the longest time, and never found a good solution for. Can’t wait to try this. (Why do these releases always appear when I’m at work? Grrr…)

1 Like

I’m still struggling with running out of memory on my 64GB MacBook Pro M1. Uploading details to Dropbox.

I understand that I need to select fewer filters, but it would be good if VAI would automatically find a way to run things slower or do things sequentially instead of all at once. Just give me a message like (this will take longer because we’ll have to do multiple passes).

2 Likes

Thanks for the new release!

1st like: Eric/CEO
2nd like: @yazi.saradest
3rd like: me

3 Likes

Can’t wait to try the duplicate frame fix! This is huge!

Some things I’d still like to see:

1. 4 window comparison preview
  2. Dedicated “In” “Out” buttons like in 2.6.4 and being able to use the arrow keys when I am trimming a clip.
1 Like

Hello everyone,

A hotfix for the Apollo model is now available.

v3.1.4
Released February 7th, 2023

Download: Windows | Mac

Changes from v3.1.3:

• Fixed Apollo model not loading
7 Likes

Yep I have also experienced a couple of random memory issues on my M1 Pro. Mind you, I only have 16gb ram.

1 Like

Hi , any plan to add Traditional Chinese language ?

2 Likes

it just did it again :frowning:

• Process ran out of memory.

• Process ran out of memory. Couldn’t generate output from the model for: VideoSR_Unet/Out2X/output/add.

Some over-sharp when used with the Themis model.

Thanks for the update:

@gregory.maddra @nipun.nath
Please fix the uncorrect link for the botton “Give Feedback” in “Help”… the link leads to a page that no longer exists here on the forum!

Thanks|

It’s great to see the image quality improvements for the Apollo model, it’s a huge improvement, but there’s still a lot of room for improvement.

Recent interpolation models have reduced interpolation quality at some camera shifts, like this Chronos Fast result:

Newer versions of Apollo will generate blocks in blurry parts, this is a bug and it is unavailable until it is fixed.In addition, I also found that this version of Apollo seems to slightly change the color tone of some scenes.

3 Likes

Installation and processing without any problem (Windows 11, AMD Ryzen7 5800X, RTX 3060); same performance as before.

With this new release, I’m finding that previews generate okay until it gets a few seconds worth of rendered data and then it will loop the same (early) section regardless of if you try and move the slider indicating how far along your render is. This doesn’t seem to have any effect on the file generating the video properly, but I thought it was worth mentioning. Also, by comparison to v3.1.2, I’m finding that I’m maybe 2-4 fps lower on this newer build; I was pulling as much as 17fps with the older build. This is based on using the Proteus model, with the new Replace Duplicate Frames feature - I haven’t tried it without using that to see if that is the reason for the speed decrease. I’m on Windows 11, Core i9 12900k, RTX 4090, and 32GB of RAM.

EDIT: The program is also still crashing after the completion of a (large) file. It still produces the final file, which is all I care about, but it also doesn’t clean up the temporary file that is created during processing, which I assume is due to the crash.

1 Like

I dunno how often to tell about this but the f… preview is again not working properly. It only repeats the very few first frames of the movie no matter how far the processing progresses. These ongoing issues persist since the beginning of version 3 and I doubt they will ever be solved. :neutral_face:

1 Like

Ok, latest version I am seeing a FPS increase of about 2fps, so now rolling around 5fps total…
The Motion Deblur is still a clay looking block joke though :frowning:

1 Like