Topaz Video AI v3.1.5

I hope so cause there are too many options already.
I tried the command based programs which I don’t want to name and I am too old to figure those out.

1 Like

Yes, it seems like there are too many options. I am hoping that at some point in the future a ‘smarter’ version of the application will be able to deal with such things automatically.

Yes I agree. I like the program and patiently waiting for the upgrades.
Thanks for you help.

Hi - If you could send me your logs from Help > File Logging > Open Log Folder, that’d be great. Thank you.

Hi - can you please share with us an example? Submit files

Apollo will still add squares to the transition frame, and Chronos Fast will still be blurry. In this regard, there is no difference from 3.1.4. Topaz Video AI v3.1.4 - #16 by q91632

2 Likes

Topaz urgently needs to add transition detection to improve the quality of frame rate enhancement, in order to completely solve this problem. It should be smart enough, preferably AI-driven, and some other competitors have similar functions, but they are crude and not very effective.

2 Likes

still white washing here w 315

I use ffmpeg directly by copying the command in the tvai gui and removing the -nostats parameter.
Model prob-v3.
In the output line I see “dup=0 drop=620”.
What does this mean?
Are the frames actually dropping out?
Does tvai now fix dvd ntsc 29.97 to 23.976?

Automatic Bitrate is way too high since v3.
I use the H264 High encoder and I get a 500Mbps bitrate for a 4K60 video with the automatic bitrate setting; So I manually set it according to the resolution and frame rate of the target. And sometimes forget to :frowning: .
V2.6.4 was much more reasonable, and therefore usable.

• Is there a better “automatic” bitrate setting? (lower than 500Mbps for 4K60, and of course acceptable quality - speed should not be a differentiator)
  • Will Topaz fix this outrageously high auto bitrate since V3.0.
    Thanks in advance and have a great day,
    Jérôme.
1 Like

I am processing a video with multiple audio tracks.
When I create a preview, all audio tracks are copied to the file. However, when I run the export, I only get one audio track.

Obviously, different people have different requirements for bitrates, and automatic can’t work for everyone, why don’t you specify it in the settings, only need one change. Second, are you sure the automatic bitrate is 500Mbps?

Yes it is 500Mbps for 4K60 with the H264 auto setting, which is not convenient at all. Please try it.
There are already several codecs to chose from for different needs.

The H264 auto was workable in V2.6.4. It is not in V3. A quality setting (RF) would be usable. Or just a reasonable auto setting. Like there was in 2.6.4

In my sample, 4K 60fps H264 has an average bitrate of 100+Mb/s, which can vary significantly depending on the encoder and content. According to the actual situation, a second transcoding is often required, so there may not be many users who support you. You should specify the bit rate in the settings, and it only needs one time.

V3 supports many more encoders, and many of them do not support CRF, although there are alternatives, it seems that it is not a high priority. If you use commands then it shouldn’t be a problem.

It’s just less convenient than it was in V2.6.4. I have to calculate (and not forget to) a bitrate depending on the target dimensions and frame rate.
I already lost a day of work because I was outputting at 4K60 and did not change the bitrate from the one I used for 1080p24.

And lost some more time because after more than a day of calculations I went out of space on my internal 2TB SSD, not expecting a so big output at 500Mb/s.

Just reproducing the Auto H264 bitrate from V2.6.4 would be great.

3 Likes

I’ve got strange behavior with this new release.
When I start a preview, or a export, my screen blink. It go black for few second then come back to normal. It do it 2 times in around 5 sec.
Same as when I plug another input to the screen and it have to reconise it.
My screen is a Samsung Odyssey G70A on a graphic card RTX3090 asus with Display port cable. I have latest gforce drivers and the firmware of the screen is the latest also.
On the samsung screen, display port is used for my computer, and 1 hdmi is plugged but not used (i do use it for work only)
I’ve tryed to do the same when plug to my OLED tv and nothing blinking there, only when it’s with my samsung monitor.
Any clues?

Maybe you can try another codec, such as H265.

1 Like

The best thing are just one: re-introduce of CRF and x264 and x265 encoders like 2.6.4! :face_exhaling:

1 Like

Yes and no. My biggest problem with VEAI 2.6.4 was that the H.264 encoder could not handle black or dark colors at all. At any CRF value, it would add super noticeable grey blocks where colors were supposed to be fading to black.