Topaz Video AI v3.1.4

Add Face Recovery Topaz Video AI

9 Likes

Still making my Mac Pro 16c, W5700X, 96gbram crash after 3 minutes of a render.

I use proteus manual with grain, my source video is prores 30 min long 1080, upscale to 4K, 30 fps, no interpolation, im getting 2.9fps but it eventually crash and I have to force shut down the whole computer every time.

MacOS ventura 13.2, fresh install.

1 Like

Im going to uninstall and do a fresh install but i noticed that im getting very high cpu usage in this version, my gpu is working normally, hitting 95% or so. But with 3.1.4 im getting higher CPU usage than I was in 3.1.2. Anyone else?

When you say face recovery, recovery from what? Something must be there to recover, otherwise thereā€™s nothing recover. Until TVAI is capable of using its artificial intelligence to create the missing elements in the original, then all you end up with is an enlarged version of the same thing. It may ascetically look a little better than the original, but itā€™s nothing like content originally captured at higher resolutions. This is why Iā€™ve opted out of upgrading, because I think TVAI has hit a brick-wall, technologically speaking.

People are asking to implement something like GFPGAN.
Itā€™s gonna be one heck of a job to implement.
Also the speed will be very very low.

3 Likes

As the number of filters and models have increased, itā€™s becoming more difficult to find the ā€œrightā€ combination for a particular video. What would be great would be an option to do a one-frame preview that auto-updates as you change sliders or enable/disable filters.

6 Likes

Could be nice, but I find running about 5 previews then swapping through them at the same frame helps more. That way I can see if things have started to regress with the changes Iā€™ve been making.

4 Likes

I have been wanting this for awhile, real time feedback as you adjust sliders would be a game changer.

2 Likes

it canā€™t and will not work by using GFPGAN.

letā€™s the devs at topaz do their work and see what they will bring on the table ! ;).

1 Like

Hi gregory, iā€™ve uninstalled twice and reinstalled but 3.1.4 is sending my CPU to 100% usage during preview and export. iā€™ve tested different encoding settings and its the same across the board. This wasnt happening in 3.1.2. I double checked that my GPU was being set to the main processor

try the support , here itā€™s more a community forum, the devs are not often here :

1 Like

I changed 3.0.12 for 3.1.4.
Speed is amazing ā€“ less than half previously time (Proteus, zoom x1, RTX 3050).
Butā€¦ Video Export with Preview still donā€™t work.

1 Like

Hey there,
the notification ā€œUpdating from 3.0-3.1 requires an active upgrade license. Please check you account before continuingā€

Does that mean that people with only 3.0 will have to pay for an upgraded license?
(Iā€™ve been using 3.1.1 for a while)

Thanks in advance : )

does your licence is valid ? look at your account and look at the date of your licence. if the licence is valid, then you can update, if itā€™s not valid, it will need to be renewed to get the last version, as told by the message :smiley:

First of all I appreciate the response. : )

To be honest, I didnā€™t know I HAD a license.
I have an invoice receipt from when I bought the program.

Thanks,

Wow, ok ā€¦ seems that people buy 300$ software without reading what it is about :wink: (just kiding).

when did you bought it ? go into your account at the main website, not here, itā€™s the community forum,

and at the ā€œyour productsā€ page , you have the date of end of your licence.

the licence is valid during one full year from your date of purchase.

ā†’ thatā€™s mean that you own all the softwares and different version that have been released from your date of purchase until the end of it.

the licence allow you to own all the new version released during this time frame.

at the end of your yearly licence, if the software version is 3.1.3, well itā€™s the last version youā€™ll be allowed to own, and if you want the next one youā€™ll have to purchase an upgrade licence.
if at the date of the 3.1.3 or 3.1.1, you still have 6 months until the end of your licence, then youā€™re allowed to upgrade, as said by the ad ā€œone year of full upgradeā€.

1 Like

The current trimming dialoge is unusable.

No way to move the in and out markers frame by frame.

No buttons to set the current frame as in or out.

No display of the current timecode position when stepping through the video via arrow keys, so you have to write down your timecodes in the main window and enter them manually in the trimming dialogue.

@gregory.maddra am I missing here something? How is this intended to be used correctly?

1 Like

yes, to have an acceptable trimming range, you must not click on the ā€œtrimā€ button, itā€™s there to move the both in and out cursor thatā€™s all. look at the edit menu at the top of the software, youā€™ll find the shortcut for a trim start and trim end. so on the timeline, move your cursor, with mouse or with the keyboard ( left and right) and use the shortcut to put the trim start point and trim start end. you can use the timecode as well by entering the number of it. just donā€™t do it on the ā€œtrimmingā€ page.

i agree that the way to do it is not intuitive, but itā€™s a workaround until a better way will be there.

1 Like

Not sure if Nvidia AV1 encoding is always working depending on the video input

Thought of this myself, yes that would be great to see the results of your adjustments, using the sliders, in real time.