Topaz Photo AI: Autopilot for Image Quality

It’s been a while since we’ve released a completely new product! I wanted to give some context on why we’ve decided to build Topaz Photo AI. (You can download the latest builds here.)

Getting a clean, crisp, and high-resolution photo is really important, but the current process of increasing image quality is quite slow and error-prone. You start with a big bag of tools - different noise reduction methods, different sharpening for multiple kinds of blur, different upscaling apps for increasing resolution - and you’re required to know which tools to apply where. You end up spending a lot of time bouncing between software, tweaking sliders, and comparing results. After the whole process, you’re still usually not sure that you’re getting the best possible image quality.

To solve this, we’re building Topaz Photo AI to be an autopilot for image quality. It detects the unique problems in your image and intelligently applies the correct methods to maximize resolution, detail, and clarity. As with an actual autopilot, sometimes you’ll need to manually intervene for difficult images, but Topaz Photo AI aims to make that the exception rather than the rule. Our vision is for you to be able to drop in any image - good or bad - and receive the best possible version back. This way you spend more time on the creative side of post-processing rather than, say, fiddling with noise reduction sliders.

We are releasing Topaz Photo AI into Early Access today. Right off the bat: the product is not quite there yet! We’re using Early Access to learn what’s missing from our autopilot, where it fails on real-world images, and how we can communicate it better. Some details of Early Access:

• Topaz Photo AI Early Access is available to customers who own all 3 Image Quality Bundle products (DeNoise, Sharpen, and Gigapixel). At this stage, we want to focus on the feedback of folks who are the most invested in our products already. If you own all three products, you can claim your Topaz Photo AI license here.
  • The System Requirements have increased over our other apps.
  • The FAQ covers upgrade policy, state of our existing apps, and more.

You’ll notice that Topaz Photo AI lacks much of the major functionality from our existing apps, but our priority is to get autopilot right before we build in everything else.

Please try it out on your own photos! This is the early stage of Topaz Photo AI development, so your feedback will have a big impact in shaping how the product works. Really appreciate it, and looking forward to hearing what you think.

17 Likes

So, this will ultimately offer all the functionality of Sharpen, DeNoise and Gigapixel (and more)?

If so :partying_face: :smiley: :boom: :man_dancing: :clinking_glasses:

P.S. Had a very, very quick play and it’s looking good so far :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks for trying it! We’re not necessarily going for feature parity, but we do want Topaz Photo AI to eventually handle the existing use cases of Sharpen, DeNoise, and Gigapixel. We’ll bring in the functionality that contributes most to the “autopilot for image quality” experience. This likely means new models, masking, better input/output, integrations, and more.

4 Likes

I tried Photo AI on a sony ARW raw file. for noise ans sharpening it did a very good job. The enhance part was weak. See attached picture. I think it would need a strength slider.

When the program is running full screen I can’t access my task bar unless I use the Windows key.

Windows 10 , GPU RX 5600 XT, 32GB RAM, Ryzen 5 2600X CPU.

1 Like

Photo AI: So useful. Compared photoshop edited, photoshop with Denoise and sharpen filters of Topaz and then separately Photo AI filter from photoshop. Just magic. The second and the third are almost identical and the third, in one step. Time taken is significantly shorter. Auto detection of filters is commendable. Thanks, Guys

4 Likes

Do you think owners of the Image Quality bundle will get this software in it’s final state for free since it essentially replaces them?

1 Like

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Topaz Photo AI v0.2

Ha! Was predicting this kind of app for Topaz ~2 years ago!
So far, the upsacale quality is not on par with Gigapixel AI, output often has a lot of artifacts, the masks are THE MUST for this type of an app, and it takes a lot of time to install (while I cannot install/uninstall anything else at that time).
I hope PAI will be incorporated in Topaz Studio somehow to make a complete package.

Hi I downloaded but when I try to log in it says I don’t own it but I do own gigapixel ai sharpen ai and denoise ai, Can I try it out please?

Read the instructions on the first post in this thread, it will tell you how to get it.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Topaz Photo AI v0.2

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Topaz Photo AI v0.2

the new autologin feature does not work on my end. edit: i followed the activation instructions above it is all fine now. :slight_smile:

A post was merged into an existing topic: Topaz Photo AI v0.3

A post was merged into an existing topic: Topaz Photo AI v0.3

Please do not post about processing results here, use the thread for the current early release version on this forum.

Anyone who owns the Image Quality bundle and has an active upgrade plan will be able to claim Topaz Photo AI for no additional cost when it’s released.

4 Likes

what’s an “upgrade plan”?

See this article which is part of your purchase plan after 1 year:

Upgrade Plans

Any idea when it will be released yet?