Topaz Photo AI v0.2

From what camera and compressed CR3 or otherwise?

Note also please post in the correct thread

It’s a Canon R5, uncompressed CR3. Apologies I thought this was the Photo AI thread? I downloaded it this morning to test.

Actually you posted in another thread and I moved it here.

The R5 is supposed to be supported but there may be issues if DRO is turned on.

Looks like Oauth issues are resolved—but thanks nonetheless!

1 Like

Happy to hear that! I would still appreciate the log file that would have been generated when you were having the error, if possible.

Ha ok thanks got it working but every image I put through there it only does sharpen AI and nothing else, It won’t resize in auto?

Firstly, please post in the correct thread … for example this is the thread about the software.

It will resize if you switch the option on. Resize cannot be done in Auto as it doesn’t know what size you want, that is a manual option.

I continue to have problems with images taken with a telephoto. PAI is good in the areas in focus but artifacts outside that. Image taken at 400mm, f 6.3. A mask for the areas in focus would be useful.

After some testing I have worked out there is a bug. Basically if the photo is in Landscape mode everything is fine but any photo in portrait mode gets rotated and gets the purple treatment.

1 Like

Looking into this. Thanks, Doug!

Thanks for your feedback. Can you please send me this image? You can send it through this Dropbox folder. Thank you!

Richard - if you could send this image as well, please. Submit through Dropbox. Thanks!

Enhance doesn’t currently get picked by Auto but Face Recovery, Remove Noise and Sharpen do. Resize is indeed a manual setting so it wouldn’t be selected by Auto. Do you have images where Face Recovery or/and Remove Noise should have been selected by Auto but only Sharpen was selected? If yes, I’d appreciate if you can send them through: Submit through Dropbox.

This is probably a conflict between Enhance and macOS Ventura beta. We haven’t been able to reproduce it on any other macOS. We may not be able to do anything about it before the Ventura release but we’re monitoring it.

Finally, the download is finished. I launched it for the first time and noticed the wiper seemed to be off to the left from the actual wiper position. In other words, I see the comparison divider off.

I tried to attach a screenshot by “upload”, but the warning says I can’t embed media in a post. How others are posting screenshots?

Thomas - I can reproduce the tile artifacts with one image I have only on Enhance. Could you send me the image above where Sharpen is causing this? Is your camera model also R5? Submit to Dropbox.

You should be able to attach a screenshto or file using this icon. If you’re still unable to send it, please send it to me through Dropbox. If you have an issue with any specific image, please send it to the same folder as well. Thanks!

Can you please send me your image too? Submit to Dropbox. Thank you.

Thomas, feel free to send me this image. Thank you.

Oh well sorry figured I’d post here since everyone is, Won’t post again.