Topaz Photo AI v0.3

Hi Yazi, I have uploaded my file. You should get notice from dropbox soon. Cheers, Rob

1 Like

Hi Yazi,

I still see this issue when the processor is set to auto and noise reduction is turned on. If I select CPU or GPU or turn of noise in auto, I don’t get the white background.

1 Like

I also still see this block line issue when auto or GPU is selected. GPU is Nvidea RTX2060 super.

Ken - can you please send me the 3 images to this Dropbox folder? If you could also send me your log files from Help > Open Log Folder for each of the issues you’re showing above, that’d be very much appreciate. Thank you.

Hi Russell - TPAI already works from within Lightroom Classic using Photo > Edit In. LR6 isn’t supported as it’s been discontinued by Adobe for a while but our app may work in there. You can check if it shows up under Photo > Edit In. We’ve so far only fully integrated the app into Photoshop and Lightroom Classic. We’ll look into the integration with ON1 Photo RAW editor.

Hi Eric and Anthony! Before I say anything else let me make clear that I do high end advertising and please go to www.pacomarquez.com to validate this.

OK… so I thing this is an incredible pice of software you are developing. I carry around a little Canon camera to shoot “whatever” and running them by your AI is really making it easy and very pleasing to process the images and also I have processed images I’ve shot in years past. I have read other reviews and the people posting them are really going deep into the software in a way I hope to benefit from, but for me the results are really enjoyable as it is right now. Of course when it gets more and more refined it will be more fantastic.

Let me explain that I do all my job’s processing and retouching by hand and do not use any automatic processing at all. I process in C1Pro and finish in PS images from a Canon 5Ds. I light with ProFoto and Hensel.

I experimented with running RAW files through AI and did not find it a great help but,I feel AI was not meant to be a processor. But when running JPEGs or TIFFs through your AI, I get great results with no work at all. And if I really like a photo, then I switch off AUTO and fine tune!

So, Even though there are things which other users are finding out where there needs more refining, for me, who has been taking pictures for a looooong time and who does this for money, I think you are doing a hell of a good job and I’m enjoying the simplicity of AI.

Very grateful for the invite, and I’ll be thrilled to try out your fine tunes if possible!

All the best Topaz!

Paco

Win 11. AMD RX6800 XT. PAI .3 Standalone. Processor = AMD. JPG test image.

I just tried a test image alternating b/wn Auto (processor) & AMD processor. Same results both ways.

Wildebeast from Africa jpg image. Autopilot says image is In Focus and Low Noise. I get the same autopilot assessment with every image I’ve tried (incl mixes of diff cameras, raw & dng type images, tiff and jpg).

Top snip shows the original. Bottom the manually sharpened preview.

As noted in discussions above, the manually sharpened image is more red desaturated, is more yellow than orange and appears flatter - e.g. midtone tonal values are being reduced and made brighter.

con’td. Ps 2022 Plugin for this test.

Autopilot on.

Didn’t detect face for Face Recovery. Didn’t detect need to Sharpen.

Original & what Autopilot gen’d attached.

hi Yazi, is there any other way I can send you the photo as I do not use Dropbox anymore and its not on my PC, Do not wish to reinstall it either lol
The Photo is 20MB in size

Regards
Stewart

Stewart, If you just click on the Dropbox link from Yazi above doesn’t it work for you? I’m asking because I didn’t have to put anything into Dropbox at my end to send him a pic. Just had to click on Yazi’s link then find the pics on my PC. Hope that works for you!

DOH, feel really stupid now lol, thanks, yes that worked Fotomaker :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi, yes thankyou that works fine.

When I input a RAW file, my exported tiffs come up as sRGB. Need Prophoto or ROMM RGB. Input a ROMM RGB tiff and it comes out ROMM RGB.

You can select the image format you want for the output in the settings. Also don’t use preserve input format as RAW images only have sRGB or AdobeRGB in camera.

Hi, I’m having an issue with saving images in a batch. I get the odd file that still says ‘saving’ and nothing is happening and the only way to stop it is to cancel the processing. I’m also getting it where I have numerous images replicated under different file names. It’s as if processes one file and then mistakenly saves it using numerous file names from the list. If I do individual shots then it works but obviously time consuming. Has anyone else experienced these issues?

Hi, JMO but seems to work fine although in auto it is a bit aggressive throughout, also as a side note now that I have it working in L/R 6 when you click to go back it would be handy for an option to rename the file to suit the image before sending. Thankyou, Russ.

Hi Yazi,

Pictures uploaded, I do not see any help menu and I don’t see any Photo AI folder in the AppData folder

Can you put up a screen shot of where I specify the color model? I can’t find it. They may have just tagged it wrongly. NOTE Colorspace will be added as it is only a prerelease.

I’m with you. I can’t find it either in PAI .3

I see format (tiff, jpg, png) and compression method and only 1 bit-depth option (8-bit, no 16-bit). But I don’t see colorspace option on my Win11 standalone version.

I do, however, see a Color Profile save as option in GAI (Gigapixel AI):