Video-Compare

If someone ever wanted to do a side by side comparation of a source Vs. TVEAI outputs, check this… Video-Compare… “Split screen video comparison tool written in C++14 using FFmpeg libraries and SDL2.
video-compare can be used to visually compare e.g. the effect of codecs and resizing algorithms on two video files played in sync. The tool is not very restrictive as videos are not required to be the same resolution, color format, container format, codec or duration. However, for the best result video files should have the same frame rate.
A movable slider enables easy viewing of the difference across any region of interest.
Thanks to the versatility of FFmpeg, it is actually also possible to use video-compare to compare two images. The common PNG and JPEG formats have been successfully tested to work.”"

I’ve already done a short test with an Avi source Vs, a Prores HQ output and… approved :+1:

7 Likes

i just gave it a shot, it’s really good tool if you want to compare your VAI results with different filters or different filter settings. I am so going to use it. thank a million for letting us know about this tool

1 Like

Glad you liked it. You’re welcome :+1:

3 Likes

Thanks so much. I kept trying to find an option within VEAI. I will give it a try.

Bob W

it’s an external tool.

You can fire up the tool directly from the File Explorer
You can do that quickly by selecting two files, then right click → Send To → video-compare

Here is how this integration works:

To get video-compare to appear in the Send To field you will need to open the send to folder, which you can access by typing shell:sendto in Run (Windows + R), then simply make a shortcut to video-compare.exe

3 Likes

I have No idea how this code works or how to use these projects , can anyone explain me how to use these codes and what do I need to make this work? (write me on {@mission_mohika [ IG & X ]} if possible; I don’t think I’ll open this forum again til months)

I am struggling understand what part you having an issue.
to download/install the tool or using the tool?

i want to compare 2 videos side by side , can I use Split screen video comparison tool for that?

i tried downloading it but I have no clue how to install that

this is how it works. and the instructions are below the video

2 Likes