Topaz Video AI v3.1.5

In my latest processing the application froze suddenly including the whole system which not even reacted to the hardware reset button. I had to force turn off it via the hardware turn off switch. here are the log files:
logs.zip (872.4 KB)

FYI The next beta is out, you can upload the logs there as the DEVs will be focusing on that forum right now.

Whether 8k encoding is supported or not depends on the encoder, what youā€™re talking about are two completely different encoders, itā€™s not something Topaz makes. As for why there is no x264 encoder, you can check the content in front of this post Topaz Video AI v3.1.5 - #92 by david.123, which is very clear.

1 Like

NVENC - Hardware-Accelerated Video Encoding Supported Format Details

3 Likes

Okay so thatā€™s showing max res 4096x4096 for the hardware accelerated H264. So was it x264 that was in Video Enhance AI that allowed 8K (even if it gave a warning message about the higher res)? It didnā€™t say x264 it just said ā€œMP4 - H.264ā€. And thatā€™s now been removed due to licensing?

Why canā€™t we have a normal H264 (not necessarily x264) in Video AI to allow for bigger file sizes (such as 8K), in addition to the hardware H264 (nvidia)? There must be some normal (eg. software) H264 they can use/license.

For quality ProRes could be output instead (but very high bitrate) and HEVC could be used but HEVC as far as I know has much worse licensing for users (eg. you have to give a percentage of your profits or something). Maybe VP9 can be used instead but I think that will be slower etc and I think Iā€™ve had quality issues with that in the past.

Donā€™t try to use H264 to encode videos above 4K, because it will not be supported by graphics card manufacturers, which means that a large number of devices cannot play smoothly. You should choose other encoding standards such as H265 or AV1.

4 Likes

hi, i have uploaded a log in the dropbox. i got this error now 2 times when porcessing a video:

Last FFmpeg messages:

Unable to parse option value ā€œ0ā€ as video rate
Unable to parse option value ā€œ0ā€ as video rate
av_interleaved_write_frame(): Invalid argument
Error muxing a packet for output file #0
Error writing trailer of D:/Tron Legacy_apo6_prob3.mov: Invalid argument
frame= 8278 fps=1.4 q=-0.0 Lsize=17360641kB time=00:02:45.86 bitrate=857460.3kbits/s speed=0.0282x

Maybe you can check the reason for this error.

1 Like

Isnā€™t it a security risk to put the Video AI log files as attachments on here? eg. they can contain info like email address, machine id, other detailed computer info.

1 Like

According to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) in the Europeon Union the owner of the personal data has to be informed about any use, storage and processing of this data including the reasons for immediately. Why we know the resons for, the other infos have not been sent so I assume there are no personal data included. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

If you look at the main logs in notepad and do a search for ā€œauthenticated for userā€ youā€™ll see the email address.

2 Likes

I just downloaded and installed the trial. Quite impressive but you need to add color correction option. The picture loses a lot of color in the processing and looks much paler.

1 Like

Are you using something other than rec709 source ?

I think so. I donā€™t even know what rec709 is :blush:

here are samples

original

1 Like

The trial version warns about the logo only, it doesnā€™t mention any opaque background.
Logically, it would be pointless to release a trial version which affects the whole of the original picture in this way. That wouldnā€™t allow to really try the software.
I still do think that is an issue.
Can an owner of a licenced version check and confirm this?

2 Likes

Need the footage you used to do that.

The trial version tested on my clips does not affect the video like yours.

FYI:
I just tested also on a very old weird videocd capture that uses a custom matrix BVOP

No problem either.

Iā€™ve (after days) got it to download one of the Chronos Fast models (chf-v3-fp16-1152x704-ox.tz)
and itā€™s previewed parts of a clip, but when you move to a different section of a clip and press preview again it says ā€œdownloading modā€¦ā€ again.

Surely it shouldnā€™t be downloading the model again when it already has it (it must have it as it previewed earlier parts of the clip. Iā€™ve not changed any setting since previewing the previous section so shouldnā€™t it be using the same model file (chf-v3-fp16-1152x704-ox.tz) that it already downloaded instead of wasting time and bandwidth by downloading again?

TaskManager shows it using 13.1 Mbps of the network (so it is downloading), still taking ages though. I did try setting input/output rules in Windows Firewall to allow things but that didnā€™t seem to make any difference so I removed the rules. With no Firewall rules it is downloading (when I see no reason for it to be downloading it again) but taking quite a while (but now not as long as before before it previews - before it just took ages then gave an error message. It still does for some models).

So can it please be changed to not re-download model files if it already has them?

1 Like

The images were compared with and without license in CLI, and the watermark does not affect the tint.
I think itā€™s another bug that makes the colors look wrong.

The tendency of the bug is similar to the BT601 and BT709 conversion errors that have been occurring for some time.
It has been reported in the bug thread and will eventually be fixed.

Original

No Auth

Colorspace Mismatch(BT601,BT709 issue simulate) Red ribbon is yellowing.

Iā€™m maybe wrong, but it seems the change in brightness (not color) is due to the logo of the trial version which is in transparancy on the video result, certainly the transparancy is not at zero %, if itā€™s that, this is not a bug or an issue, itā€™s normal.

Itā€™s not good to say all these confusing things.

3 Likes

This is a poll to help see what might be the cause of the model download issues with this version of Topaz Video AI.

Have you had any problems with this version of the app downloading any model files (eg. Chronos, Apolllo)?
  • Yes - Iā€™ve had errors/download failures - my download speed is 10 Mbps or below
  • Yes - Iā€™ve had errors/download failures - my download speed is 11 Mbps to 15 Mbps
  • Yes - Iā€™ve had errors/download failures - my download speed is 16 Mbps or above
  • No - Iā€™ve not had download failures - my download speed is 10 Mbps or below
  • No - Iā€™ve not had download failures - my download speed is 11 Mbps to 15 Mbps
  • No - Iā€™ve not had download failures - my download speed is 16 Mbps or above
  • Yes - Iā€™ve had download failures - Iā€™m using Windows 10
  • Yes - Iā€™ve had download failures - Iā€™m using Windows 10 Pro
  • Yes - Iā€™ve had download failures - Iā€™m using a Mac
  • No - Iā€™ve not had download failures - Iā€™m using Windows 10
  • No - Iā€™ve not had download failures - Iā€™m using Windows 10 Pro
  • No - Iā€™ve not had download failures - Iā€™m using a Mac

0 voters

Have you set up any rules in your Windows Firewall or other Firewall for this version of Topaz Video AI?
  • Yes - Iā€™ve set up rule(s) in the firewall and it downloads okay
  • I set up rule(s) and it still didnā€™t download all models okay
  • No - Iā€™ve not set up rule(s) in the firewall and it still downloads okay
  • No - Iā€™ve not set up rule(s) in the firewall and it doesnā€™t download okay

0 voters

Have you set up rules in your Antivirus for this version of the App to allow the models to download?
  • Iā€™ve set up rules in the antivirus for this app and the models all download okay
  • Iā€™ve set up rules in the antivirus for this app and the models donā€™t all download okay
  • Iā€™ve not had to set up any rules in the antivirus and the models all download okay
  • Other
  • I donā€™t use antivius software

0 voters

Do you think it would be good if if Topaz provided a download URL where the models can be downloaded manually if needed?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters