Topaz Photo AI v2.3.1

Weird

Try changing the path in the registry editor.

There is the key ā€œPAI_MODEL_DIRā€ to modify the file in :
Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Environment

Then thereā€™s the ā€œpathā€ key to modify the path here:
Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\IntelliPoint\AppSpecific\Topaz Photo AI.exe

And donā€™t forget to return the files to their custom location.

1 Like

Thanks for the hint to the regedit. The setting that worked for me was:

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Topaz Labs LLC\Topaz Photo AI
and the Attribute ā€œModelDirā€

It was totally detached from the environment var and changing it to the correct directory worked! Thanks.

2 Likes

to fiddle around with the windows registry is quite confusing and should not be necessary. :eyes:

1 Like

I canā€™t get past Detecting faces. It just spins and spins and spins - never progresses past thatā€¦

What are the specs for the system you are running TPAI?

And welcome to the group!

I would like to test one of those images that spin endless when opening. Please upload an example image!

This is unrelated to Topaz but Iā€™m a Mac user IT-person who also has to support high-end PCs for Art in higher ed and I recently learned to muck around in the Registry to try and solve some stupid Start menu-related critical error by deleting user profilesā€¦

As for Topaz and Windows: It used to be Mac users would be having all the problems, but in my experience (M2 Mac), face recovery works just fine (see my earlier posts).

And Photo AI for Mac seems to save the models within the app itself, not separately, so deleting the app cleans all of this out for the next update.

Screenshot 2024-02-06 at 8.27.29 AM

Youā€™re welcome. It was a pleasure to help you. :wink:

But in some cases, thereā€™s no choice. You just have to know what youā€™re doing to avoid mistakes :wink:.

v2.3.1 (macOS v13.6.3, LR Classic v 13.1 - plugin mode) is cropping content out of the original image.
After Auto-Pilot processing, with minor adjustment to settings, the DNG image saved to Lightroom has a different framing, with content cropped out of the original. And yes, Iā€™ve followed the recommended procedure of launching Topaz Photo AI while LR is in Browse mode, by selecting Process with Topaz Photo AI from the Fileā€“>Plugin-Extras submenu. This has never happened before.

the movement of the view point is going crazy in this version. the view point bounces in any direction after releasing the mouse button!

Hi, Are you saying the Nav Box does that? Or, something else?

The Nav Box is notorious for jumping to the upper left of the Nav Panelā€¦instead of staying put.

I believe there may be a hotfix for the AMD drivers that may have a solution according to this user:

The problem with the constant downloading of the model files every time Photo AI is called from Photoshop still exists in version 2.3.1, although the problem is stated in the release notes for version 2.3.0 as fixed.

No, it isnā€™t fixed!

No it is the preview window where the view point jumps like crazy!

1 Like

Have you reported this to support giving information such as: OS, PS version, network info (such as do you use VPN etc.) to help them debug the issue you are having.

Does this happen from the Automate menu or Filter menu in PS or both?

Does PS and Photo AI have full access to the location where models are kept?

1 Like

Iā€™ve reported this on January 9, 2024. Have a looks at here:

https://community.topazlabs.com/t/constant-download-of-model-files-at-start-photo-ai-and-problem-with-count-of-chanels/60160

Since January 9, no one from Topaz has responded to my error message or requested further information.

It happens from the filter and automate menue in PS.

Why does PS need full access to the storage location of the model files? PS is installed by default and full access is not requested.

Photo-AI is launched from within Photoshop and only Photo-AI would need this access and not Photoshop.

The access for PS looks like this:

2024-02-07-08-46-43.tzlog (83.9 KB)

2024-02-07-08-49-37.tzlog (80.8 KB)

I believe that because it is launched from PS both would need full access as it would be a container.

So, as I read in your post that wasnā€™t responded to, that the main issue is the channels.

I have prompted @anthony.lawn to have a look at this issue.

There will be an issue if there are too many channels but PS will handle that when the layer is passed so there will not be any issue.

The community is designed for Users to discuss challenges and functionality but not specifically for tech support. It can happen but the community was not designed for that purpose.

If you want dedicated support then you need to open a support ticket. The are prompt at following up once a request is placed.

1 Like