Mac OS minimum version has been bumped to 10.14. If you are on High Sierra you will need to update to Mojave or later.
Currently, launching DeNoise AI in External Editor mode on Mac OS using certain host applications—such as ON1 Photo RAW or Capture One—is not working properly. If you need to use DeNoise AI in External Editor mode with these host applications, please install DeNoise AI v3.2.0. We apologize for this inconvenience and are working on a resolution.
This temporary issue is required to allow Open With and dragging and dropping an image onto the app from overwriting images unknowingly. Using Open With or dragging and dropping an image onto the app should now open in standalone mode where you can save a copy of the image rather than overwriting it.
Update: The above should be resolved with a new save as dialog coming in a subsequent version.
Released January 20th, 2022
- New theme for the app
- Added ability to use eraser end of tablet stylus to erase mask
- Added current mask to the navigator while in masking mode
- Changed error “0” message on login to be more explicit about what may cause it (firewall/AV)
- Removed “Error: CANCEL” text when canceling an export
- Added an info box to prevent users from accidentally running the app from the DMG instead of installing (Mac only)
- Remove All button removed when in external editor mode
- Masking and Remove Image buttons now hidden when exporting
- Progress bar for exporting should now only show on currently exporting image
- Re-worded Side-by-side View → Side-by-Side View
- Re-worded Re-Install Photoshop Plugins → Install Photoshop Plugin
- Changed in-app update flow to support old install path on Mac
- Fixed Wacom tablet not pressing buttons and not releasing when panning
- Fixed various images and icons being blurry (login, close buttons, app logo)
- Fixed “Cancel” button missing from plugin and external editor mode
- Fixed DJI FC220 and Hasselblad L2D-20C DNG output
- Fixed view mode switching being enabled while masking
- Fixed Photoshop plugin not processing correctly in auto update mode
- Fixed text elision in the output path in save dialog
- Fixed collapse toggle being enabled when exporting
- Fixed Add and Remove All buttons being enabled when exporting
- Fixed switching out of comparison view leaving the wrong model selected sometimes
- Fixed canceling an export causing the image canceled to not save next time
- Fixed padding in the watermark warning dialog
- Fixed padding in the feedback dialog
- Fixed a crash in the feedback dialog
- Fixed Save Image/Apply being enabled when no images are selected
- Fixed auto not being reset when typing in or using hotkeys to change slider values
- Fixed completed icon being removed when no changes were made
- Studio 2 integration on Mac requires the user move the .app back to the old location (
/Applications/Topaz Labs LLC/Topaz DeNoise AI/Topaz DeNoise AI.app)
– This is required because Studio 2 checks this path directly.
– If you do not use Topaz DeNoise AI inside of Studio 2 as a plugin, please don’t use this path.