DeNoise 3.5.0

Hi, guys!
I have a flicker screen inside the program Denoise AI ( MacBook 14 M1Pro ) after update to new version 3.5.0.
How fix this problem? Help please

3 Likes

sadly, the bump to 10.14 cancels my beta for my most important Topaz item DAI
 An upgrade to 10.14 will require an upgrade of my 27 inch i-7 maxxed out
 even at OWC or Gainsaver that would be a stretch 
 I hope I can load the last beta so I can continue using DeNoise,
Chuck Kimball

I have the same problem using Macbook 14 M1 Pro both in 3.4.2 and 3.5.0

2 Likes

Just upgraded to Denoise 3.5 and it may have been a bad mistake. I used to be able to edit a photo in LR as DNG, then remove noise on the edited photo in Denoise using the Shift Command (mac). This would allow me to remove noise and save the result and back in LR a new TIFF file would be there for further editing. Doesn’t work at all. I had something similar happen at the last upgrade. Sure wish I knew about these product changes before committing to an upgrade. Is there any way to make this work again with LR?

1 Like

New user and the previous version was running great on my M1 PowerBook Pro and I finally decided to upgrade. Now it is giving me the same exact problem you are having. It doesn’t actually do anything to my file. I don’t know how to roll back to previous version. Help please!

1 Like

Having exact opposite- older version was running great on my M1 MacBook Pro and this version is a complete failure. It appears to be working but does not automatically bring me back into Lightroom and when I get there the new file is there but it looks exactly the same as the original file. It’s not removing any noise. Any advise for how to Fox it or get the older version back?

Hello Alice —

Go to the top of this page (right under where it says DeNoise 3.5.0 and click on “Product Releases”. On the page that opens, click on the release that you want (3.4 works for me). When that page opens, just download the Mac installer and run it. It should install right over the later release (at least that’s what happens on Windows).

Good luck!

2 Likes

I took one of my 20mp Olympus E-M1 II raw ORF files that is 16.5mb and loaded it into Denoise AI 3.5 and saved the result as a DNG file (linear DNG). Then I loaded that Topaz DNG into Photoshop/ACR and without any editing I saved it to a second DNG. Here are the file sizes:

1. 118mb - Denoise AI DNG
  2. 43.3mb - Photoshop/ACR DNG

Why is #1 so much larger than #2?

1 Like

3.5 not working on my Mac (Monterey 12.0.1) with Lightroom Classic (latest version). When I try and open DeNoise through Lightroom it fails to launch and just creates an identical TIFF file in Lightroom with no adjustments. I’ll try downgrading to 3.4.

Well, I tried to download 3.4 from its page, but it downloads 3.5 instead (which doesn’t work). I tried 3.2. but I get image type unsupported error (Canon Cr3 file) when trying to open through Lightroom. Guess I’ll have to wait until it’s fixed unless anyone has any other solutions?

Strangely, I decide to reinstall 3.5.0 and try it as a standalone without Lightroom. It worked fine, so I tried again to launch through Lightroom and it worked! When I launched it as a standalone it asked if I wanted to delete old DeNoise files and I did. Don’t know if that somehow fixed it?!

Thank you! I may give that a try. Was hoping to get 3.5 working properly but seems as if it’s buggy.

@adam.mains - is the non-preservation of lens data in EXIF from RAW files for Micro Four Thirds cameras an issue that is on the list to be resolved?

As it stands, DeNoise remains largely unusable for anyone using MFT cameras and lenses, because the lens corrections are embedded in the RAW (and not available as a standalone profile in Lightroom). DeNoise does not retain this information when the de-noised RAW images are saved as DNG’s - and because DeNoise does not apply lens correction itself, saving as JPG/TIF instead just locks in any distortions that Lightroom would normally correct on the RAW or DNG

It’s frustrating because DeNoise does an infinitely better job correcting RAWs than TIFs in my experience (see below)

All I want is a workflow that goes RAW → DeNoise → DNG → Lightroom - the lack of lens data retention prevents this entirely :slightly_frowning_face:

EDIT : I would attach images showing exactly what I mean, but for some reason embedding images in posts here is disabled :slightly_frowning_face:

2 Likes

Yes, I agree about m4/3 raw files! The raw mode of Denoise AI is essentially useless for m4/3 because of the reasons you have listed. :frowning:

1 Like

I need to know how to roll back to the previous version. DeNoise almost always worked perfect. But, this latest version, 3.5.0 isn’t working very good for me at all. The previous version would remove the noise and keep the detail. This 3.5.0 version doesn’t do any better than Lightroom does. It just “smooths” things out, obliterating the detail and makes things look cartoonishly smooth, where as version 3.4 didn’t do that.

I looked up the email I got telling me that version 3.4 was ready for download, so I downloaded it so I could revert back to version 3.4.0
 Not good! It downloaded version 3.5.0
 instead of version 3.4.0.

I want version 3.4.0 back because it worked really really good for my purposes. This latest version 3.5.0 isn’t worth a flip! Please provide a way to get rid of it and reinstall version 3.4.0!

I double-checked, two Quadro RTX 5000s are as fast as a single Radeon PRO W6800 in Denoise AI.

I deleted my previous posts, that was rubbish.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Sharpen AI 4.0.0 Beta

When I click on that Sharpen AI 4.0.0 Beta link it says the page does not exist.

Henry, only authorised beta testers have access to the betas.