Topaz Video AI v3.3.1

Not with Apollo. Maybe with Chronos fast. You’d have to do some tests on one of those parts with the dropped frames. If it’s not helping, turn on Replace Duplicate Frames, and slowly turn up the value.

Only for curiosity, why not with Apollo but maybe with Chronos fast? What is the difference in terms of quality between Apollo and Chronos fast?

There is no solution yet for dropped/jump frames. Some videos were encoded with 23 fps insetad of 23.976 so all 24 frames a motion jump appears and I have no idea how to solve this. :eyes:

For movies with duplicate frames, Apollo always counts the duplicates as important motion—so much so, that it appears to regress motion. I can only imagine that with missing frames, it would not fair well.
Chronos and Chronos Fast are not so strict.

Impossible, because face recovery involves much, much more intensive processing than Artemis. Iris could possibly be optimized more (since it is early in its development), but Artemis will likely always be faster.

Try fps multiple TV. 60hz = 60 fps

Just to chime in…

I am running on a Gigabyte Aorus Master X690 MB, an Intel i9-12900F overclocked to 5.2 GHz with DDR5-6400 ram with an EVGA RTX-3080Ti (also overclocked by~10%) and I have NEVER exceeded 820 watts running TVAI, and usually run at around 650-700 watts. I use a Seasonic 1000W PSU.

The problem is not the software, it is your power supply (most likely unstable +12V at load). A good quality 850W PSU is preferable to a no-name 1000W PSU. I’ve seen a Seasonic 850W PSU run up to 950W with no stability issues. Corsair and ASUS also make quality PSUs (I have a 11 year old Corsair A1000 PSU that is still going strong).

Get yourself CPU-Z’s HWMonitor utility. It will tell you where your watts are going. Your RTX2080 Super only has two 8 pin power connectors at best (Some 2080 Supers had only one 8 pin and one 6 pin) so it’s max TDP is 250 watts (unless you unlock the power limiter). If you run one Topaz process at a time, your PC shouldn’t use more than ~500 watts or so (again, unless you are overclocking your GPU, or CPU, or both).

Yes, and also, for anyone considering an upgrade to their PSU, I advise getting one that’s ATX 3.0 compliant, and also has a 12VHPWR 16 pin lead (most do have this) to avoid the need for an adapter for some of the 4000 series GPUs.

ATX 3.0 compliance will handle much bigger power spikes than previous generation PSUs and an 850W Gold one from a recognised quality brand should easily handle anything that even a high end RTX 4090 system can throw at it. I’m about to get one, so I’m ready and waiting when the stupid 4000 series prices fall some more.

Has anyone else noticed the reappearance of those strange shimmering AI artifacts in certain areas like microphones on the Iris model? In the past, my approach was to use a less aggressive model, but even with 100% original recovery and dialing in 0 for detail recovery, sharpening, compression, and denoise (after already performing pre-processing), the issue still persists. You can observe it to a lesser extent in the Paul McCartney clip on the Iris roadmap page.

This has been a recurring problem since at least artemis, but with the LQ model, one could switch to the MQ model to resolve it. Another scenario where it often arises is when a clip is pre-processed or upscaled twice in steps. This leads me to believe it’s likely an issue of overprocessing that needs to be adjusted, but currently, the sliders in Iris don’t seem to have sufficient impact.

I’m hopeful that we can either receive an explanation from the developers regarding a workflow solution, or that the issue improves in future updates.

Stabilizer AI became unstable from v3.1.10, and from v3.2.8 to v3.3.1 all stabilizer AI failed.
I have 2 PCs with the same symptoms.
Windows 10 8700K RTX2070
Windows 11 13900k RTX4090
the current situation
Windows 10 8700K RTX2070 with v3.1.9 installed for stabilizer use only.
Windows 11 13900k RTX4090 has v3.3.1.

Please improve the stabilizer AI so that it works perfectly

I noticed artifacts with Iris until I upscaled so that the vertical resolution was 4 times the original, so I had to upscale 640x480 (interlaced) to 2560 x 1920. Then the artifacts were no more. It seems it has more to do with the vertical resolution than the horizontal. But your problem may be different.

Seems like this product has become a comparison among PSU’s happy to have MSI laptop it will simply add more blowing power. Hence I belief with AI it is mandatory to purchase every 2 years the latest Laptop. That is the price we will have to pay on top of the subscription fee . So sell your old systems and purchase a new one . Having no money is no excuse. make sure you have your house with sunpanels only . Hence only use environmental electricity if you do not you are just an egoist.

UPS with line monitoring is how I solve that. They have the stand up ones at 1200w for pretty cheap, Cyberpower makes some great home use ones, and you can find them on Woot OFTEN for super cheap. All my higher end electronics are UPS and all to make sure voltage stays proper and also protects from brownouts.

But with previous versions of Tvai, I didn’t have any problem, that is, in part, it’s not the power supply, it’s the software, which asks for more requirements. Why did it work fine with versions prior to 3.0 and now it doesn’t? The power supply is the same. And what I ask here is that they review it and program it so that it does not consume so much

1 Like

I am also not sure if those issues are hardware related. The 2.x versions for example I ran for up to 18 hours nonestop with overclocking the GPU without any issues. The 3.x version seems to get trouble even if I run the machine with all default/auto settings in both the BIOS and CPU/GPU. :eyes:

1 Like

Because prior versions were not using the hardware’s full processing power. Performance improvements were put into v3.1 that make use fuller use of the hardware, which draws more power.

1 Like

ApolloFast2

ApolloFast1

I love paying hundreds of dollars for a program that still constantly crashes and requires constant workarounds that only work half the time even after months of constant updates.

1 Like

Not a very contructive comment if you’re seeking any kind of help.
Maybe provide a little bit more info about your problem and be less sarcastic.

7 Likes

ForSerious, a question for you.
In this post:

you told us that you resolved color shifting can be bypassed through a lot of mind-numbing study and using the CLI. Please can you tell me how you resolved this?

Have you compared Apollo, vs Chronos, vs Rife Flowframes?