Topaz Video AI v3.3.1

Your source is correctly flagged as Bt709 ? Check with Media Info…
media.info
Models shouldn’t change the colors per se…
You can also check in Process → Show Export Command… You should see something like this… :point_right: “spline+accurate_rnd+full_chroma_int” “-color_trc” “1” “-colorspace” “1” “-color_primaries” “1” “-filter_complex” “tvai_up=model=ahq-11:scale=0:w=1920:h=1080:blend=0.5:device=1:vram=1:instances=1,scale=out_color_matrix=bt709”

1 is Bt709…

My bad on the fans, I DID miss-read it. It said 12-30v NOT W… my bad.
So comes out to a hair over 600W, not including mobo which was not included, meaning his system STILL will be undervolting on any load or spikes, as well as pushing the PSU harder leading to more heat and a much shorter life.

My rule-o-thumb is to always buy a PSU double to your wattage load, it just makes everything work better and last longer and it does not cost that much more. I also tend MYSELF to get platinum, because I can afford that, but Gold is plenty fine, silver if you not gaming. That’s my two cents for what it is worth, and there was plenty of reasons companies like e-machines made horrible pcs, and a LOT of them started with improperly sized PSUs.

2 Likes

I had meant to reply to j.norum’s post and somehow replied to yours. No clue how that happened my guy, apologies. 1000W is a super safe PSU to go with and Corsair is a great brand.

1 Like

I have this same problem with 3.3.1. I choose Copy or convert for sound but it always reverts back to none soon as any action like preview or export is activated.

1 Like

Even a good quality psu can fail. My Seasonic Gold PSU died after 1,5 years. I got a new PSU on warranty: a Seasonic Focus+. This one runs for 3,5 years now without any issues.

Hi Carlito. Yes my file is correctly flagged, but sometimes ago I was using a Lumetri for conversion of the colors from bt601 to bt709. What i want to know is if the program flag only the files or convert the color. I explain:

this is a bt601 file

If I use a Lumetri bt601 to bt709 the file will be like this

After that I use Topaz to upscale. Now my question is: It is necessary to do this passage before Topaz or not?

1 Like

This.

I’d go so far (for testing purposes) as to run an extension cord (#12 conductors, minimum) to a separate circuit with no other active load on it. Digital power supplies are supposed to be robust in the face of line voltage droop, and they are - until they’re not.

1 Like

Since I updated to version v3.3.1, I have had no sound in Topaz at all! There is no sound on the input video, there is no sound in the preview video file and the exported video file. There is video, but no sound. I tried it with several versions of Topaz (including beta), the same problem with all of them. Before I updated to this version v3.3.1 everything was fine.

You note “There is no sound on the input video,” which makes it sound like you have a video file with no audio. So… Maybe try a video that you know contains audio?

I’m not stupid. Of course, the video has original sound! When I load it into Topaz and play it there, no sound is heard! I make the preview video and it has no sound. I export the video and it has no sound. There is effectively no sound in the video file! It’s like I set it to none. No matter what I do, there is no sound in the video. This has been since I installed v3.3.1. Even though I uninstalled and installed the older version or the beta (3.3.2.0.b), there is still no sound in the videos! Everything was fine before I installed this buggy version.

Are you exporting video using a preset or without?

The change to encoders may have broken your presets.

david.123 please be more attentive! I load the video into Topaz and it no longer has sound when playing in Topaz! Do you understand this? No sound when playing input video, no sound in preview, no sound in exported video. What does preset or encoder matter?

I’ve never had audio playing back input files in Video AI, on any version. Are you saying you did?

And audio was disabled in previews several versions ago.

Missing audio in your exports could be because you are using an old preset with saved output settings in it, including audio. That won’t work in 3.3.1.

That’s all I’m going to say about it, I suggest you open a support case with Topaz if you want them to help you.

1 Like

Even in the old VEAI 2.6.4 the sound would be removed if you had an interpolation model selected. Because of that, I have always added sound and chapters and subtitles back in after processing with another program.
Anyway, I agree. Go to the main site and email support with the little chat icon in the bottom right corner.

It would be great if ANY of my TOPAZ LABS software would even open with my new Acer A770 GPU. I’ve seen VIDEO AI benchmarks with the Intel cards so would be nice to conduct my own tests on my system.

Processing speed of the Artemis model

Had to revert to 3.3.0 (kept the MSI) in 3.3.1 Preview / export / select preset were not working.

Guys, a suggestion please. I have to go from 23.976 to 59.94 fps. The file is a concert. What fps model can you suggest me and with what options, like number of duplicate frames etc…

What I do: Apollo 8. Slow Motion at 2.5X (Just type 2.5 into the drop-down box). Replace Duplicate Frames unchecked. (Off). Image sequence out, then convert and add everything back together with another program.

I did some tests a month ago and the results were the same as far as I checked: Set 59.94 in the output box and don’t set Slow Motion. Set the other settings the same: Apollo 8 and replace duplicate frames off. That should be easier.

Ok, ForSerious, thanks for the suggestion, but this concert has a problem. Every 50/60 frames there are two dropped frames. For this reason the movie jump. It’s possible to correct this problem with topaz?