Discussion about Frame Interpolation

I have not checked to see if they’ve fixed the top-down spinning clip mentioned above, but all the other issues with Apollo mentioned in here are unique to 4k.
The color shifting is a problem on all models of TVAI, that can be bypassed through a lot of mind-numbing study and using the CLI. I’ve figured out how to do DVD to FHD correctly, but randomly I’ll find FHD movies that color shift if I try to use TVAI on them.

Since I don’t own anything that would benefit form 4k (House space, TV screen that’s close enough and big enough in relation to the seating), I find Apollo and Chronos interpolation models to be the best options I have tried. Very much not a toy.
Maybe my opinion comes from the other things I have tried: SVP and FlowFrames. SVP couldn’t handle things like panning side to side. The edges of the screen would jump around nastily. And that’s just one of the many artifacts that would pop-out at you as you used it. My TV screen has something similar built-in to it. Pretty distracting as well. FlowFrames, I remember liking it at first, but it didn’t interpolate a specific scene better than TVAI and was more of a hassle to work with. Maybe they’ve improved.