Topaz Video AI v3.2.2

Hello Everyone!

A new release of Topaz Video AI is now available.

v3.2.2
Released April 18th, 2023

Downloads: Windows | Mac

Changes from v3.2.1

• Max processes limit is based on user hardware
  • Fixes issue with too much noise added the first few frames
  • GUI can display input/output up to 32000x32000 as long as there is enough RAM
  • Make patches target multiple baseline versions (smaller update installers)
  • Login and update workflow improvements
  • Disable audio for previews for better accuracy
  • Fixes preview mismatch for image sequences when framerate is not 25fps
  • GUI uses point size for all text, should work better with OS accessibility settings and large monitors
  • Preset indicates changes when filters are changed after applying a preset
  • Source video listing panel horizontally resizable
  • Misc updates

Known Issues

• Split view doesn’t work correctly for input/outputs over 8K
  • Split position and Pan resets when video is looping
  • Preview mismatch might happen for image sequence output when FPS is not default
  • Downloading model fails sometimes (turn off auto detect proxy)

Submit files here: Dropbox

Please take a look at the Video Roadmap Update for more context on what we’re focusing on right now. Thanks in advance for your feedback!

10 Likes

Hello everyone, I am happy to join the Topaz team as the new Director of Engineering.

I have several years of experience as Head of Engineering at previous companies I was a part of, as well as past roles as Lead Developer & Senior Software Engineer. I’m excited to join the team at Topaz, and awesome community here, and to help make Topaz Photo & Video AI into the best software products possible.

I have been getting ramped up on our side for a couple months and wanted to get started interacting with the community here! But I have already been reading your comments for a while now and I am impressed by how much passion there is for these products. Looking forward to getting to know you all and building something we can all love :smile:

Thanks,
Jacob

36 Likes

Again Topaz VEAI changed the team? :hushed:

2 Likes

Welcome.

2 Likes

We welcome you :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Welcome Jacob! Topaz software is special and it can be revolutionary as long as it keeps improving. My dream is to take a 480p video and make it look like native 1080p. I hope this is possible someday.

5 Likes

Welcome. The more eyes on this the better.

3 Likes

Welcome Jacob. Hopefully you can figure out how to give faces a natural rather than plastic look. Beyond that it appears you’ve joined a great company.

4 Likes

Welcome to the journey!

Welcome Jacob! Many successes!

audio for previews can be turned on?

Welcome Jacob!

1 Like

I now fully understand the meaning of the first half of the sentence, but can’t see the second half. I don’t think there is any need to come back before v3.3, see you next time.

Hopefully with you the performance and optimisation will be improved for high-end GPUs. :pray:t2:

2 Likes

I mentioned on the Beta for this version, but as it has the same note:

• Fixes preview mismatch for image sequences when framerate is not 25fps

This issue not fixed, just considerably better than it was. If you scroll through the previews you will still see a one frame mismatch occurring - IE:

Or this for a more obvious one:

Just when you play it back fast enough, it disappears.

You also still have the noise issue in Proteus V3 that makes it impossible to easily get a usable result using any version of Topaz V3. Left is Proteus V1, Manual and right is Proteus V3 Manual, same settings. Look at the wall in the middle - that weird artifacting is persistent in V3 and to date still remains one of the main reasons I cannot use Topaz V3 for most upscales.

Now I know from the Beta this model is being worked on, so maybe this will disappear - unfortunately I cannot compare with Proteus V4 as the manual sliders are mostly broken in that version, so i cannot make a direct comparison with same settings.

It looks promising - I know not everyone in the release thread can play with this as its Beta, but for those curious, this is the Proteus V4 Beta on Auto compared to this release Proteus V3 on Auto:

On a different topic, exporting image sequences to the same folder is common - you do a lot of testing, checking and trying again. Unfortunately this version still breaks completely when doing so for the preview, which is a shame as that worked perfectly in Topaz V2 and prior.

And just a reminder:

• Cutting by Frames, and
  • Auto-naming the Image Export (default naming)

Still need implementation or working on.

6 Likes

Welcome aboard jacob! :yum:
Please offer an option to delete all generated previews immediately when a new preview is in process.

2 Likes

Since models keep changing I’ve lost the trick to improve poor-quality VHS videos (as digitised some time ago), does anyone have any suggestions for something to try on 3.2.2? I planned to upscale too (1080p would be nice). What I used to use just made it very soft.

Welcome Jacob

I am seeing colored boxes on some videos.