Recommend Topaz Video AI v3.2.2 as the quickest version with Auto Bandwidth

I’ve been using this program to upscale my series & movies collection to 4K/8K and don’t see a reason to ever renew my license again unless some core issues improve. This program delivers near magical quality and I’m terribly disappointed of the changes that ruined it for me past patch 3.2.2. Especially since it eventually made it easier with Audio conversion to AC3, thus being more efficient.

• Best choice for a Blu-Ray source from multiple tests, has been Artemis High Quality, which hasn’t been updated in a while (probably because of how good it is).

• Every patch (tested on an RTX 3080 Ti and an RTX 4090), after 3.2.2 progressively adds around ~10 minutes to the wait times for no reason whatsoever, since again, the Artemis AI model wasn’t updated. So it’s not like we’re getting a more precise and accurate model at the cost of increased wait times. There’s 0 reason for these increases as far as I’m concerned with my work flow. As of 4.0.9, the wait times added over 1 hour.

• Patch 3.4.0 takes out Auto Bandwidth in the favor of Low, Medium and High Bandwidth settings.
    Medium compressed the Bandwidth so much (like 75%), it’s unbelievable it can deliver the same level of quality as the Auto one whose end result will be within 10-20% max compression both up or down (depending on source quality).
    High Bandwidth bloated the end result by up to 2.5x with no discernable difference! Such redundancy made it unusable, especially for series, rapidly occupying my NAS capacity within a couple of seasons of just 1 show.

So for anyone missing the superior Auto Bandwidth function and wondering of the increase in wait times for the Artemis AI model with no actual changes to it, I highly recommend you go back to 3.2.2.
If the increase in wait times are of no interest for some reason and you also use other AI models, but do want the Auto Bandwidth feature back, patch 3.3.9 is the last one.