Topaz Video AI v3.2.2

It depends what you are trying to solve in the video. I usually do prefer to solve one issue at time, for example, noise reduction in one export, then drag and drop the exported file back to topaz, then apply the next filter.

After multiple tests, I noticed that topaz works better in higher resolutions, especially when you have a crap video and you are trying to solve wobbling issues due to the camera sensor cannot deal with light reflections (and you film without PL filter). It happens because in higher resolutions topaz divide more the working area (stitching boxes). I hope some day they will add working area boxes to redo the process in specific areas instead the whole video or frame (like control net or impaint), and a way to ignore people and camera motion (because atm it does a bad job when you need to stabilize and you have one of those).

Also since current AI tends to soften or change things too much when the settings are high. So maybe you can try perform more than one pass in lower settings.

2 Likes

That is normal for US startups US companies do not follow the sucesfull rheinland model they do not understand how in heavens name companies can be sucesfull for more than 150 years

In the US only the guy who started the company can make it sucessfull if he is gone there is just vice presidents infight everyone will be vice president.

Hence I am not sure if apple will continue to be successfull in fifty years they will end like Polaroid and kodak while a Japanese company called fuji can still make profit with analogue photography.

maybe try proteus v4 with motion deblur turned on or off and 75 % proteus deblur, 20 % de-halo, 30-35 % recover details and 1 or 2 % of add noise. :slight_smile:

1 Like

When I try to make a 4 k 30 fps video 4 k 60 fps I get a 4 k 60 fps video in slow motion with half of the original speed. The slow motion option was turned off. Made two attempts. :eyes: edit: it seems that MPC-HC has play issues where the speed is onproperly and the sound missing. Via VLC the file plays okay!

1 Like

Welcome! I hope you’ll find working on such interesting lineup of software rewarding! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

If this is happening in the topaz preview, “is normal”. 3.2.2 should solve some playback issues.
If it is happening in your editing software, you need to check if the audio output is set to be included in the topaz export. And for the slow mo, if your editing software is adjusting automatically to the timeline fps.

i am just speaking about video players: mpc-hc and vlc. not about editing software. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Welcome Jacob! All of a sudden there is no audio on previews.??

I like this idea!

We have been investigating some bug reports about freezing video playback in previews (and in exports when users are trimming the video) when the “Copy” audio export setting is selected.

We found this was related to a mismatch in duration for the copied audio segment & the trimmed video. To fix this, we’re developing a new way to handle audio copy/transcode in the app, including expanded options for codecs and surround sound. I’m hoping once that’s in, we can bring back audio for previews.

For now, we decided to remove audio playback in-app to mitigate the issues.

11 Likes

Congrats and WELCOME!

If a high-quality video has no grain or noise, it should only be processed at Artemis High Quality. And if the video already has a little noise and grain, then you should use Artemis Mudium Quality. And finally, if you have a very grainy and noisy old DVD, then Artemis Low Quality, Noisy is indispensable.
I have a 2023 movie in 4K from which I cut video clips. The idiot director decided that the film should have grain, as if it were shot on film. I originally processed the clip using Artemis Hight Quality, but the grain wasn’t completely removed. Then I tried Artemis Medium Quality, which anti-aliases images a little more.
So, I have a question for you. How do you think the image is not distorted in the photos? Not very synthetic? Enough details left?

Welcome! Question for you:

Suraj had previously posted a script (for Mac and Windows) that downloads all models at once for offline use. Is it possible to have an updated script that does the same with version 3.2.2?

Ideally, the script could be posted with each new release/update.

Thanks in advance!

2 Likes

Hello Jacob, welcome!
When will you implement the Compare View from version 2 into version 3?

1 Like

I use a proper hardware encoder to convert to mp4 then I only use Theia ONLY set revert details to 96 and reduce noise to 80 and sharpen no more than 3 only

VHS tapes the really old ones have their iron magnetics especially when a copy of a copy are really bad and faces with use advanced other profiles will just create artifacts

do not think face reconstruction of other vendors work they do not they are really gophy AVC% i tested with it

As you can imagine I am really doubt full if Topaz will can do it better than AVC@ but if possible ity would be impressive hopefuly the new engineer is not from AVC!

1 Like

I would use Proteus and fine tune it, that is what that is for. You can mess with the Reduce Noise, Sharpen, and Deblur (you will get some blur when you denoise). Pretty much get to a scene you want to work with, change enhancement to Proteus, hit the Estimate button… then fine tune from there doing a new preview after each change. You can dial in MOST high quality movies with grain pretty well removing all grain without making them look like rubber.

1 Like

Ah thanks, I thought it was a fault with the program itself and that it would translate to exports. :raised_hands:

I also use proteus with the manual sliders. Every VHS mp4 have their individual nuances so I’ve found that doing it this way at least optimises improvement. I have in the past overcooked things to the point of plastic android faces.:grimacing:

I am seeing strange black spots with the proteus model in this version.

1 Like