Topaz Video AI v3.1.8

Hello Everyone!

A new release of Topaz Video AI is now available.

v3.1.8
Released March 7th, 2023

Downloads: Windows | Mac

Changes from v3.1.7

• Updates to FFmpeg 6.0
  • Remove duplicate frames now checks 3 channels
  • Removes corrupted model files to re-download
  • Adds tooltip for Remove Duplicate Frame and Sensitivity
  • Shows “Running…” message before ETA is estimated
  • Avoids showing confusing FFmpeg warning messages when the error is unknown
  • Fixes app not releasing file once done/removed
  • Fixes app not cleaning temp files when process fails (doesn’t apply to crashes)
  • Fixes Apollo model taking too long to show progress when FPS is reduced
  • Fixes issue where installer caching could fail
  • Misc bug fixes and improvements

Submit files here: Dropbox

Please take a look at the Video Roadmap Update for more context on what we’re focusing on right now. Thanks in advance for your feedback!

10 Likes

My Anti-virus says there is Trojan.Win32.Stantinko.gen in your avformat-60.dll

certainly a false positive , mine didn’t, and if i remember well, VideoAi is developped on a Mac.
which antivirus do you use ?

you use kapersky right ? :smiley:

i don’t know in which part of the world you’re living, but my suggestion would be : stop using Kapersky.

1 Like

Yeah I try to do my research and I believe it is a false positive.

It is Kaspersky that seems to be the problem. I am using it because my company has a corporate license.

If in doubt virustotal dot com is a good sanity check (not sure if linking is allowed here)

yep, easy to test , on virustotal or others online virus scanner, kapersky is the only one which tell it’s a virus among 40 antivirus and antitrojan softwares.

Not sure what that is supposed to mean.

I tried the same movie with duplicate frames I uploaded last version, and there’s still the slight motion regression instead of frame replacement. This is with the Apollo model. Chronos Slomo, does better, but still counts the duplicate frames as part of the motion, so it slows down more than it should, for each duplicate frame.

Going to try converting to PNG first and then running Apollo, but there shouldn’t be a difference. (I’ll force the duplicate frames to be exact duplicates, just for fun and run it again.)

Even with setting rdt to 0.2—the maximum value allowed and double the amount that can be set in the GUI—it does not replace duplicate frames with correct motion.

Just upgraded to v3.1.8, and now constantly getting “unknown error” message upon export. red ‘x’ in the box. can’t use the program at all for now.

Hi - can you please send me your log files from Help > Logging > Gather logs for support? Please send me the file here or via a private message. Thank you.

h265 Intel output is still broken. Files are only a few Megabytes in size and highly compressed no matter if I select “Auto” or a specific bitrate.

Intel Arc A770 GPU updated drivers ver 101.4146,
Topaz Video AI can list the GPU,but can’t work with the GPU. if I slect it,the program will processing on CPU.
On beforer version drivers,It proper functioning.
Would you like fix it on next version?

Hardware environment:
Acer Predator BiFrost Arc A770 OC
Intel 13700K
DDR5 16GB*2
Software environment:
Windows11 22H2(Update to the latest hotfix)

log
2023-03-09-18-39-25-Main.tzlog (210.5 KB)

See this post for a solution, next time don’t forget to search for your issue first …

h265 NVIDIA works ok (Proteus auto, 4k)

Still waiting to fix Apollo’s block and color cast.

Enabling Grain now forces Enhancement on. I could be remembering incorrectly but I don’t recall that being the case previously. Using TVAI on Windows 11.

Apollo+Artemis, it’s twice as slow to work! ((

Hi - was that only on the first run after updating the app? What GPU and CPU does your computer have?

Hi Todd - this is intentional. Enhancement needs to be on when Grain is enabled since v3.1.0.