Topaz Video AI v3.1.4

Yep I have also experienced a couple of random memory issues on my M1 Pro. Mind you, I only have 16gb ram.

1 Like

Hi , any plan to add Traditional Chinese language ?

2 Likes

it just did it again :frowning:

• Process ran out of memory.

• Process ran out of memory. Couldn’t generate output from the model for: VideoSR_Unet/Out2X/output/add.

Some over-sharp when used with the Themis model.

Thanks for the update:

@gregory.maddra @nipun.nath
Please fix the uncorrect link for the botton “Give Feedback” in “Help”… the link leads to a page that no longer exists here on the forum!

Thanks|

It’s great to see the image quality improvements for the Apollo model, it’s a huge improvement, but there’s still a lot of room for improvement.

Recent interpolation models have reduced interpolation quality at some camera shifts, like this Chronos Fast result:

Newer versions of Apollo will generate blocks in blurry parts, this is a bug and it is unavailable until it is fixed.In addition, I also found that this version of Apollo seems to slightly change the color tone of some scenes.

3 Likes

Installation and processing without any problem (Windows 11, AMD Ryzen7 5800X, RTX 3060); same performance as before.

With this new release, I’m finding that previews generate okay until it gets a few seconds worth of rendered data and then it will loop the same (early) section regardless of if you try and move the slider indicating how far along your render is. This doesn’t seem to have any effect on the file generating the video properly, but I thought it was worth mentioning. Also, by comparison to v3.1.2, I’m finding that I’m maybe 2-4 fps lower on this newer build; I was pulling as much as 17fps with the older build. This is based on using the Proteus model, with the new Replace Duplicate Frames feature - I haven’t tried it without using that to see if that is the reason for the speed decrease. I’m on Windows 11, Core i9 12900k, RTX 4090, and 32GB of RAM.

EDIT: The program is also still crashing after the completion of a (large) file. It still produces the final file, which is all I care about, but it also doesn’t clean up the temporary file that is created during processing, which I assume is due to the crash.

1 Like

I dunno how often to tell about this but the f… preview is again not working properly. It only repeats the very few first frames of the movie no matter how far the processing progresses. These ongoing issues persist since the beginning of version 3 and I doubt they will ever be solved. :neutral_face:

1 Like

Ok, latest version I am seeing a FPS increase of about 2fps, so now rolling around 5fps total…
The Motion Deblur is still a clay looking block joke though :frowning:

1 Like

Add Face Recovery Topaz Video AI

9 Likes

Still making my Mac Pro 16c, W5700X, 96gbram crash after 3 minutes of a render.

I use proteus manual with grain, my source video is prores 30 min long 1080, upscale to 4K, 30 fps, no interpolation, im getting 2.9fps but it eventually crash and I have to force shut down the whole computer every time.

MacOS ventura 13.2, fresh install.

1 Like

Im going to uninstall and do a fresh install but i noticed that im getting very high cpu usage in this version, my gpu is working normally, hitting 95% or so. But with 3.1.4 im getting higher CPU usage than I was in 3.1.2. Anyone else?

When you say face recovery, recovery from what? Something must be there to recover, otherwise there’s nothing recover. Until TVAI is capable of using its artificial intelligence to create the missing elements in the original, then all you end up with is an enlarged version of the same thing. It may ascetically look a little better than the original, but it’s nothing like content originally captured at higher resolutions. This is why I’ve opted out of upgrading, because I think TVAI has hit a brick-wall, technologically speaking.

People are asking to implement something like GFPGAN.
It’s gonna be one heck of a job to implement.
Also the speed will be very very low.

3 Likes

As the number of filters and models have increased, it’s becoming more difficult to find the “right” combination for a particular video. What would be great would be an option to do a one-frame preview that auto-updates as you change sliders or enable/disable filters.

6 Likes

Could be nice, but I find running about 5 previews then swapping through them at the same frame helps more. That way I can see if things have started to regress with the changes I’ve been making.

4 Likes

I have been wanting this for awhile, real time feedback as you adjust sliders would be a game changer.

2 Likes

it can’t and will not work by using GFPGAN.

let’s the devs at topaz do their work and see what they will bring on the table ! ;).

1 Like

Hi gregory, i’ve uninstalled twice and reinstalled but 3.1.4 is sending my CPU to 100% usage during preview and export. i’ve tested different encoding settings and its the same across the board. This wasnt happening in 3.1.2. I double checked that my GPU was being set to the main processor