Topaz Video AI v3.1.4

I was getting patches like those with Chronos fast. They stopped when I started using the slomo mode. So if I want to make a 30 fps movie 60, I set Apollo to slomo 2x and the output to images. (You can do it with Chronos too.) Once it’s done, I use another tool to convert the images back into a video and add the sound, chapters, and subtitles back in.
Doing it this way has fixed all the blur patches I saw before when using Chronos fast. (It’s been awhile since I’ve ran a frame interpolation video, but I see no reason why this should have changed.)

Humm, it gives that message even when it works. This is while running Apollo and it’s working fine:

Sadly, if there is no message for the actual error, it still finds those error messages and makes it seem like they are the issue.

FEATURE REQUEST: A way to mark previews in the GUI.

I would love to be able to mark previews when I am going through a bunch of them to find the optimum settings for a project. Maybe a simple check mark or flag (keep and reject)? Or maybe a 5-star system? This feature would simplify my workflow.

4 Likes

Me too. Proteus with 4x upscaling gives black splotches.

1 Like

Some previews and videos are still getting stuck at 99% or taking forever to complete right at the end.

Also, duplicate frames removal doesn’t always seem to work if there are multiple duplicate frames in a row. I’m still getting a pause in certain videos that have this issue, even after some duplicate frames were removed. It’s smoother than before, but not perfect.

Do I need to change the framerate at all when removing frames?

1 Like

Please post your situation.

1 Like

It’s duplicate frames replacement so if implemented correctly, with no speed or frame rate change, the total number of frames should remain the same.

Obviously, if you intend to create slomo or higher frame rates, it will change to whatever you set it to.

But there are many reasons for jerky videos and dup frame replacement will only fix some of them.

ffmpeg "-hide_banner" "-nostdin" "-y" "-nostats" "-i" "i.mp4" "-sws_flags" "spline+accurate_rnd+full_chroma_int" "-color_trc" "2" "-colorspace" "2" "-color_primaries" "2" "-filter_complex" "tvai_up=model=prob-3:scale=0:w=5120:h=2880:preblur=0:noise=0:details=0:halo=0:blur=0:compression=0:estimate=20:device=0:vram=1:instances=1,scale=w=5120:h=2880:flags=lanczos:threads=0" "-c:v" "prores_videotoolbox" "-profile:v" "lt" "-pix_fmt" "p210le" "-allow_sw" "1" "-map_metadata" "0" "-movflags" "frag_keyframe+empty_moov+delay_moov+use_metadata_tags+write_colr " "-map_metadata:s:v" "0:s:v" "-map_metadata:s:a" "0:s:a" "-c:a" "copy" "-metadata" "videoai=Enhanced using prob-3 auto with recover details at 0, dehalo at 0, reduce noise at 0, sharpen at 0, revert compression at 0, and anti-alias/deblur at 0. Changed resolution to 5120x2880" "i_prob3_temp.mov"

There are no black splotch/blob artifacts with 2x upscale.

Please Add option or future like (Shut Down When Finished)
it will be cool to big files and Saving time and energy, and therefore electricity bills.

2 Likes

It is something that has been asking for years… something so essential and there is no way :frowning_face:

1 Like

Yes, I tried it. It doesn’t work now. If a file has been modified and you start TVAI, it launches the installation prompt to download that file again. Kinda like there’s a watchdog at the start of the application now that detects modified files.

Testing on a short image sequence, I can see the speed improvements, so I tried to do a full sequence except am running into problems.

Now when importing the whole image sequence, the speed drops to 1/4 what is was doing with the original sequence, will run for about 20 seconds, does 31 frames then “completes” with a green checkmark.

I tried with a smaller sequence again and speed is normal and it doesn’t stop processing prematurely.

Is there a limit to the image sequence size that can be imported before it can’t process?

on M2pro getting “unknown processing error” message in 3.1.4

1 Like

It names them with 6 digits, so probably once you go over that. But I’m pretty sure you can bypass that in the CLI if it really does limit there.

u can use auto shutdown app temporarily until available this option in future.

All the latest updates roll back in the installation finals. What could be the problem?
Win10Pro 22H2, NV RTX 3090ti, HP Z8
2023-02-13-140228
upd. Run as Admin

1 Like

Run as administrator?

1 Like

That’s too bad, at the start of v3 development, the developer promised compatibility with older models.

Although I appreciate the new features in TVAI v3, I would be willing to give them up in exchange for a) real time preview frame-by-frame like in v2, and b) ability to use any older AI models along with the newer ones.

The reason for me saying this is just to make a point about how much I miss some of the previous features, and I’m sure other longtime users do as well. I can always open the v2 application to do that, but that is not as practical.

3 Likes

6 digits is fine, the sequence length is total 160k frames approx.

Also, its not reaching a high number and failing, its having problems immediately after initiating process,failing in about 10x seconds and will only process about 30 frames before stopping.

If I take a subset of 10k frames of the same material, it has no issues. So at the moment its looking like it seems to be unable to handle large image sequences.