Topaz Video AI v3.1.4

I wasn’t disagreeing, I just thought I’d mention a few of the specific cases where it should help, and one where it won’t. It addresses half of the problems I often face, and that’s great.

Remove duplicate frames can be done easily with FlowFrames.
It is a free AI Video Interpolation software with built-in Frame De-Duplication, speed compensation and scene change detection.
2023-02-11_112101

It can detect & remove duplicated frame automatically and regenerate those frame with AI interpolation such as RIFE (Real-Time Intermediate Flow Estimation). You can also adjust the sensitivity for Duplicate Frame detection.

3 Likes

This version tends to disappear (crash?) after finishing the processing. Fortunately the processed files seems to be completed and remains safe.

3 Likes

I know a duplicate replacement has already been here, but I’m still wondering how this affects the synchronization of the audio stream.

If implemented well, it shouldn’t affect the audio sync at all as it’s frame replacement not frame removal or addition.

Has anyone tried this new feature yet? Oddly though I’ve had plenty of videos in the past that should benefit from dup frame replacement, I can’t put my hands on one to try at the moment!

When using the Apollo model after deleting previous models upon install, outputs are washed out with white.

How many duplicated frames are actually replaced with AI? Most of anime movies/series can have even 5 duplicated frames and I checked that only first one or two are replaced and rest stays there, Do I have to run it few times to remove all duplicated frames?

Topaz staff, one question: why have you still not updated the Gaia model to at least v6 in the newer versions of TVAI, since this version of the model has existed for more than a year now?

1 Like

When I saw how Topaz makes video in 4K, 60fps, I lost my peace. Now I can’t imagine how you can watch videos less than 60fps. I fell in love with high fps videos. I have many hundreds of music videos in good quality in my collection. I gradually overtake them in 4K, 120fps. It turns out, the unbelievable effect of presence …
The program works properly, but faced with one problem. All content is high quality, HD or 4K. When the camera moves in the clip, everything is fine with people, but in the background, against the background of homogeneous structures, trees, rocks, sand, falling rain, snow, incredible noise appears. I’ve used Chronos and Chronos fast, but they don’t work. Apollo seems to work better, but it’s also not perfect.
Who faced similar problems? There is a solution?

1 Like

Nice try…Mac version still doesn’t work. Details have been uploaded to the dropbox.
BTW, I didn’t set anything optional as “0”
Error message as follows…

Last FFmpeg messages:
Unable to parse option value “0” as video rate
/private/var/folders/xg/3hqg9mkx089f6ryj1mfz6tnw0000gn/T/593131809/previews/Fire and Rain_2_chf3_dtd4.mov: No such file or directory

Update: The app can’t create the needed “xg” folder under /private/var/folders even with “full disk access”. I had to create it manually and the preview ran.

same issue here close upon finish should be an option

i have same issue w apollo

Your situation is that the quality of the source video is too low and requires frame repair, that is, one frame of image, one frame of image repair. It is a complex and long process.

The quality of the recent model has decreased, you can try an older version, or go straight to 2.6.4.

Chronos Fast is buggy…and unpredictable as to when (and on what frame) it’s going to bug-out.

1 Like

With the latest two releases I’ve been getting 10+ fps but lately dropped down to 4fps. Does anyone else have this problem? By the way I’m using Mac M1 Pro, 32gb Ram. Not sure but ‘replace duplicate frames’ is chosen so that might add to the time constraint?

I have noticed patches of background flickering sometimes when using Chronos, usually when the camera pans. I think the model needs further training to fix this.

Wish it was possible to load old models into version 3.x. That would give us more flexibility and the best of two worlds; quality and speed.

6 Likes

In v3.1.4 I am getting an error message when converting frame rates from 25 to 23.976 - I have had to revert to an older version v3.1.1. and now the same settings work fine.

It was fine when previewing any frame, it only happened when exporting.

Last FFmpeg messages:
Unable to parse option value "0" as video rate

Question for advanced users: Has anyone edited the model json files to allow older AI model files to be used? It was easy to do up to VEAI version 2.3.x., but not sure if it’s possible now.