Ill need to download and test this version but I noticed in 3.1.1 and its still present in this version, that anytime I add noise or grain it only applies to the first frame then it turns very blotchy with each subsequent frame thereafter. Its as if it is being applied before the model is rendered, and the model is trying to denoise it.
Sadly - still the same red vertical lines appear when I export to ProRes - so regrettably sticking to 2.6.4 which works. It’s a shame as v3 is starting to work really nicely for me with the cropping and the non-strobing de-interlacing.
Not sure where to post this, but I am getting a “flicker” on my screen when using this version of the app.
it only happens when i have the app on my screen, and only in the app itself. Seems to be tied to the mouse movement because if i leave the mouse still, it doesn’t happen. Doesn’t matter if I am actively encoding or not–still happens.
other than that, this version is running great so far. getting solid 13 fps
Do you have freesync/g-sync enabled for windowed applications? Some times they can interfere with things like this.
Although, since you claim it happens in this version of the app, and not other versions. It would suggest this change is related to changes made by the developer and maybe they should look into fixing it.
YESSSSS!!! FINALLY! " * Significant performance improvement for GTX 16xx series GPUs compared to 3.x.x" I’d say so!!! From being stuck with 3.0.12 because it was 7 times faster than the incredibly slow pre-3.1.2. This is awesome now I’m upscaling some DVD TV episodes that were taking me 2 hrs and 15 mins with 3.0.12 and now upscaling with 3.1.2 the same thing at 1 hr 5 mins. Lovin’ it. I just hope my grain settings are right since the options changed from 3.0.12.
In v3.1.1 I was getting out of memory when running a batch job of say 17 or 10 files. Those that failed when rerun exported ok.
TopazVAI was set to to perform 4 processes. I will try less in future.
I have reported a bug to Topaz on this issue.
I have a MacPro with 96Gb which only got to 50Gb’ish looking at Activity Monitor.