Topaz Video AI v3.1.1

Thank you for any help :slight_smile: I have done a bit more experimenting and it seems that while the video is previewing the picture is fine (first picture), but as soon as the picture stops previewing (and is encoded?), the lines appear immediately (second picture). I turned up the “revert compression” and “reduce noise” to 100 so before and after would be obvious and took screen grabs while it was “previewing” (first clean picture), and after it previewed and begun playing relate speed (vertical lines appear in second picture). It doesn’t matter what encoder I use (ProRes HQ, LT, H264) the lines appear immediately after the previewing stops.

1 Like
    "encoder": "-c:v utvideo -pred none -pix_fmt yuv444p",

Rewrite the encoder section I just wrote.
However, again, we do not recommend this because FFMPEG’s UtVideo only supports up to 8 bits, and TVAI’s 16-bit processing will be wasted.

2 Likes

Thanks again. Which do you recommend then?
And what about h264 would it be possible?

In my case, I use ProresHQ.
Lossy, but not much visual loss is felt.
I compress the source output with Prores to x265 using another encoder while converting it to HDR.

3 Likes

I understand. But it is that after TVAI, the final video after editing it… will always be 1080p encoded with H264… with which Ut Video as output from TVAI may be fine for me.

1 Like

Why does out of memory happen?
See below a batch process of 10 videos.

What does memory mean here? Host memory (at 96Gb) or GPU card memory (32GB, 32Gb, 32Gb, 16Gb (4 GPU cards))?
How can it be prevented so a batch of N files can be completed 100%?
Files are 10 H264 output to ProResHQ. Applying Proteus manual (Revert compression 21%, denoise 100%)

Sir can you estimate how many percent “icing on the cake” you got out of simulate HDR?

Sorry, slight correction to above post (my last promise). The vertical lines are only introduced in Prores HQ and LT). Anything else just makes the red smudge and blur but without the lines. Seems it must be something to do with the encoding at the end as the preview looks great until it saves.

does this file convert ok if exported alone ? is it the same which has a out of memory or it’s random ? by reducing the parallel export to 2, does it make the same issue ?

you seems to have a very powerful computer, with 4 graphics card to run on VideoAi. i’m really not sure that at this point, VideoAi is optimised to use 4 graphics card at the same time and with such memory (that’s possible, i don’t know). i wouod suggest to write to the support or contact the dev about this.

ATM it appears to be random. I will try reducing the number of concurrent processes to be less than 4. All failed exports have succeeded when set to export again. Like I said in a previous post, all files that were in a batch that had some failures will export ok individually. It appears batch mode is broken/flakey.
I though this was support :slight_smile: as this is where TopazAI pointed me to when looking for support from within the app.

you have a 5000$ computer or more and use a software which is certainly not optimised for such a machine yet.
to be short : you ask way too much to the software in regards of your machine, if not the single process would fail too. reduce the parallel to one or two processing only.
the batch processing will work but just it will export one or two videos at the same time.
the machine you have is so powerful that you could do model Ai training with it.

I highly doubt that’s topaz who told you that the support is here, as it’s not the support, but a community forum, as written in the url adress. go in your topaz account where you bought the software, there is a support page in the menu to open a support ticket !

Out of memory happens also if cache memory is at its limit (96GB certainly is not cache). Have you cache management installed?

Shutdown on complete and trim on frames.
Hope it will be implemented.
Untill then you can use my tool for this:
Download
(link updated for fixed version - wrong hours calculated for trim)

Usage:
Shutdown on complete:
Start encoding. In program set seconds (default 5).
Program checks once every one second if ffmpeg process is in process list.
If it is not found sequentially during specified seconds (5 by default) then force shutdown will be issued to system (it will shut down no matter what programs are running).
Can be used to any ffmpeg encoding.

To calculate trim time from frame numbers:
Input fps numerator and denumerator (like 24000 & 1001 for 23,97 fps or 25 & 1 for 25 fps etc)
Then specify start frame and endframe and press calculate. You will get timings in output.
Use them for trim.

1 Like

Looking at TopazAI preferences, I do not see an option for cache management. What did you have in mind when you say "cache management installed’? Another application or service?

You can run all in parallel via CLI and set the GPU you want to use for each video.

But i think the cpu will struggle.

ok, thanks I’ll take a look at the ffmpeg options.

CPU caches cannot be allocated by an application nor can they be exhausted ‘out of memory’, they just get thrashed. Not correct in this case.

I waited a long time to make the jump to version 3. With the current version my export speed has more than doubled and the quality is good too. Keep up the good work! :slight_smile:

A newer version is available.