Topaz Video AI 4.2.1

Fusion program is like fusion page in Resolve Studio.IE like After Effects.Fusion panel seems more stable.

Fusion is like the Fusion page on resolve.

The video, which Davinci had to process in 9 hours, after connecting Topaz, offered me to process in 49 days and 15 hoursā€¦

What are the improvements Proteus V4 has over V3?

New bug found in this release, sometimes the video that is being exported will for some reason be stuck at 1.2 fps and export was stuck on 3 hours, if i remove the whole video, and import it again with the same settings, it suddenly is back to normal export time of 5 minutes and 22 fps. Iā€™m rolling back two versions.

If itā€™s not processed, what is there to see? Just set the other panel to original and you can look at it there.

I think the devs are ignoring your posts about this because unprocessed means there is nothing to see, so what difference does it make if itā€™s dimmed?

Unless I am missing what your point is, in which case feel free to explain!

The main imprevement for my workflow is a support of interlaced input.
Overall quality is significantly imroved, thereā€™s less blotches of noise on denoised background.
Faces recognition is implemented.

Proteus V4 is a result of combining of Proteus V3 and Iris, and Iā€™m totally happy with the result.

2 Likes

My experience is that the fusion panel is very resource hungry.

I think if I were to denoise a video, I would do it via the color panel, because this is where you spend most of your time after the cut.

1 Like

It doesnā€™t seem to work, for me at least. And the output ont he edit page is black.
But I donā€™t think Fusion is a good place to use Video AI IMO.

Used on the edit page, or color page, then render in place the clip (or render it all before re-importing it), then Fusion for the - vfx/compositing/effects -

@tony.topazlabs

1. Happy cake day!
  2. How long until we see a Tensor RT optimized version of the Aion model? The model is great but too slow without Tensor RT acceleration.

Thanks

That was my experience too, will be looking into Fusion node differences and seeing if itā€™s possible to get the plugin working reliably on that page but for now we expect most users to be in Edit or Color.

1 Like

Thank you! One year exactly at Topaz.

Once TensorRT supports variable block sizes we should be able to convert Aion for it, we donā€™t have any specific info on the timeline/plans for the feature on NVIDIAā€™s side for that for now.

3 Likes

When will we have a new iris model?

and those teeth are the most beautiful thing!

5 Likes

Does Aion perform differently in the wild than it does in the benchmark? (Relative to the other models)

It seems to perform fine in the benchmarks. (My subscription ended at 4.0.x, so I only have benchmarks to go on)

According to my experiences the aion model performs far better than expected. While my first experience with Aion was very slow the latest one is quite quick! Processing 1080p24 with Proteus v4 with no interpolation at 16 fps but with Aion to 1080p60 with 6,5 fps. The movie fps changed by factor x 2,50 and the processing fps by factor 2,46 so the speed loss is minimal.

I am having the same problem - no EXPORT ALL using the dedicated button or the pop up menu.

I had 26 videos to encode overnight and was somewhat frustrated this morning when only the first one exported.

Thanks for the heads up.

I have Fusion Studio 18 and use it from time to time. Wasnā€™t even thinking that the TVAI plugin could work with Fusion stand stand alone, but it is there. However, when trying to render a simple job with a loader, a saver and Enhance in between, the console throws a bunch of error messages when trying to render.

Could you share some insights how to make it work?

However, I donā€™t know about you, but I continue to have problems with AION even on my gaming PC, where I mount an RTX 4070 Ti SUPER with 16GB of GDDR6X RAM (the same used on the RTX 4080)ā€¦ and despite the fact that I should not have problems due to poor RAM quality (as is the case on the RTX 3070 that I have in my work PC), selecting a stretch of video to convetire in 4x slowmotion with the AION model, the conversion inexplicably stops after a few seconds: could it be that the problem is still the lack of MEMORY?

:face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

It reminds me of The Mummy with Tom Cruise. :rofl:

2 Likes