Topaz Photo AI v2.1.3

G’day!

This week we’ve improved model and image loading times in the app, with the latter being more noticeable with larger files such as RAW images. In addition to this, we have fixed issues regarding crashing on image uploads as well as image selection behavior.

As always, a full change log is below.

Please give us any feedback or report issues with this release. We’ll be updating TPAI regularly to address those pieces of feedback and issue reports. If there’s a specific image you’d like us to see, you can send it us at this dropbox link.

v2.1.3
Released November 30th, 2023
Mac: Download
Windows: Download

Changes since 2.1.2:

• Added --override flag to the CLI
  • Improved model loading times
  • Improved image loading time significantly on large files after first open
  • Fixed manual CLI settings overriding Autopilot
  • Fixed crashing with 2-channel images
  • Fixed crashing with invalid images
  • Fixed reset button clearing previous strokes in Remove Tool
  • Fixed single-image closing behavior
  • Fixed manually clicking image within a selected batch
  • Automatic Lensfun Update
13 Likes

Win 11 Pro desktop PC. PAI 2.1.3 - Standalone & Ps 2024 Plugin. Processor = AMD RX6800 XT. 300+ symmetrical Mbps f.o. network to the home, GB+ wireless LAN. All Auto functions disabled in Prefs.

Took over 4-5 mins to install after download.

Launched and operated in standalone & as Ps 2024 plugin (Filters list & File > Automate to scale image up).

Found an answer to the question I posted.

Thanks for the improvement in download speeds for the install, took about 2-3 minutes to download all components.

1 Like

Installation on MacBook Air went well. Importing Panasonic RAW file (GH6) is not working in this version (like before). Opened the RAW in ON1 2024 and used TPAI as plugin - this works well. Tried to remove a small branch in front of the beak of a kingfisher - wow - very nice result. I like TPAI

What is this exactly ?

1 Like

When the option to automatically close after save was active, it wasn’t working correctly, when only one image was being edited, saved and then (supposedly automatically) closed.

There’s still a bug similar to this one, when 2 files are simultaneously dropped into the TPAI, and the first one is being processed by upscale, etc., ‘Remove’ option, and then saved. Next image is shown in the thumbnail section down there, but the image displayed is the one I just edited and saved, totally unprocessed (like before the ‘Remove’). Editing options become grayed, it’s like the next image isn’t being selected and displayed in the main window, despite being blue-framed in the thumbnail.

1 Like

I really miss the ability to correct brightness and color on my RAW images! If photo ai is currently only able to do this on all other formats it might internally convert the image - maybe with a warning message - to TIF 16 bit and then adjust the brightness or color for me!

2 Likes

Something is very wrong with this release, colors are totally off.
I open Topaz Photo AI from Photoshop if that matters.
Does it work correctly for you?
I open photo in Lightroom first, then in Photoshop, then copy layer and open Topaz Photo AI on it.
I use Prophoto RGB color profile.
Topaz probably thinks color should be interpreted differently because instead “red/orange” skin I see green skin.
Other plugin (not Topaz) works correctly so it’s Topaz related.

there is no need to delete a message to post a new one. just edit your message by clicking onto the pencil icon! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Using the new build to clean up an iPad-generated Procreate JPEG.

BTW, the Cyber Week sale is still active, when will it end!

1 Like

Did you use Text Preserve on all that pattern detail?

Do you get commissions on PAI sales? You are very promote-y of the sale.

1 Like

Text Preserve was not active, these are all default settings except for choosing Graphics instead of the suggested Standard.

I’ve been partnered with Topaz since 2007, as well as other major and minor developers with a focus on Photoshop plug-ins. I’ve also beta tested for Topaz, Apple, Corel, Alien Skin, Deneba, etc.

In this context you might enjoy seeing my old PDF Plugs 'n Pixels ezines going back many years! You’ll see a lot of old products that are no longer available.

1 Like

HEIC files are not loading, topaz complains about unsupported codec, works fine in prev version, upgraded because of popup during the photo edit

4 Likes

I’ll check it out! Thx!!! I like things such as that. {Update: Just did quick look at site - those ezines look great - at least the covers! I’ll have to dig in more. Texture & Glow are 2 of the legacy products that absolutely wouldn’t re-install into my ‘new’ (as of Jy. 2022) PC - I’ve missed them every day b/c I used them a lot}

I asked about text preserve b/c in some cases with intricate details/patterns like that, if a model alone smushes (tech term) the design the text preserve often can swoop in and save/enhance it with my images. :slightly_smiling_face:

I like my old Alien Skin plugins too…

everything was fine until this latest upgrade… and now my images have a green cast to them… ugh. Bring back the old version.

I have he same issue after the update from the previous version which had no problem here. As always, I process, my raw files to 16bit Tiff files in Prophoto RGB using CaptureOne Pro 23. After the transfer to Photoshop, Photo AI Plugin is applied on the duplicated layer. No changes in that workflow so far. However, the colors are weird with a green tint in the Topaz preview window on both sides of the comparison view. The previews also look a bit duller compared to the orginal Tiff-file - somewhat similar to an unprocessed RAW file in Win Explorer. That said, after running the Autopilot, the result is pretty much as expected without the green tint. As mentioned above, there was no problem prior to the update of PAI and there’s no issue in Denoise AI or Sharpen AI previews either. So it’s definetly a problem of color rendering/management in the new version. BTW, I’m on Win 10 pro, my Eizo CG24 monitor is correctly profiled and calibrated with a photospectrometer, of course. sRGB rendering is switched off in the TPA preferences so that TPA should use the monitor profile as indicated.
I’d appreciate any help and reason of this problem.
I have not yet checked if this issue is the same on the stand alone version, though, or just restricted to the PS Plugin and I have not yet tried to reset TPA 2.1.3 to default either. I will report it if I’ve got more insights.
Thanks in advance
Wolfgang

BTW the download of the all the update files took about 20 min

Update: I just checked the Stand alone application of TPA 2.1.3. I haven’t experienced the horrible green tint in the preview windows there ! The colors in the preview windows are correct as they should be. And the output after running the Autopilot are as expected, too. As said above, that’s also true for the output of the PS Plugin, though. So it obviously comes down to a bug in the color rendition of the preview and comparisons views in the PS Plugin of the recent release of TPA - in my installations, at least. I also checked that in various versions of PS CC (2023-2024). The color issue of the TPA plugin preview windows is always the same. The reset of the Plugin doesn’t change anything there.
Any further insights and help is very much appreciated.

1 Like

I’m also getting the error with HEIC photos codec not supported. Worked fine in previous version

3 Likes

Thanks, I think you’ll enjoy them! At first I did the layouts in what is now Canvas GFX (formerly Deneba, then ACD), before switching over to iStudio Publisher. I can’t believe the work I put into them a decade ago-! Blogging is much easier…

Thanks also for the preserve text tip, I’ll keep an eye on that.

1 Like

not happy at all