Topaz Photo AI v2.1.3

Do you have anything you want to share about your issues?

1 Like

Yesterday I opened Topaz AI and was prompted to update, which I did.
Today, it tells me again I need to update again and shows me I am still on V2.1.2 and won’t install the update. It has not been processing images and has been crashing.
I even uninstalled the program completely and reinstalled.
That didn’t work. Back to a problematic V2.1.2 with crashing.
Never had any issues before yesterday’s update

PLEASE find a fix for DNG color shift when importing back into Lightroom. White Balance is off, the picture’s position has been slightly adjusted, and the exposure drops a whole fstop.

Always download fresh from the top of each of these weekly threads. The in-app update, while offered, seems not to be the best method.

On the Mac I delete the existing installed version, run the new downloaded installer along with the new models, and all is well.

3 Likes

Finally got the reinstall to work and accept the v2.1.3 update.
But it crashes any time I process more than 1 photo at a time.
Again, never had that problem before this update.

1 Like

Thank you for fixing the tiling issue - Upscale/High Fidelity/Use Neural Engine=OFF

I am curious why this fix is not mentioned in the release notes?

Is there any ETA for the fix with the use of Neural Engine?

2 Likes

thanks for confirmation about color issue, looks like this release is very broken and I need to go back to 2.1.2

1 Like

Since upgrading, every time I try to ise Topaz PhotoAI I have to wait 25 - 40 minutes while it “downloads models” whatever they are. There seems to be no way of skipping this process. Help!

Just disable the „download models when necessary“ or so setting in the preferences

1 Like

Have you tried disable “In-App Model Download” in Perference ?

2023-11-27_221502

2 Likes

Same with me - prompts me to install again and then crashes when I click on the Install Update. I think I’ll just wait for the next update after 2.1.3 to come along. Have got so much work on I can’t take the time to uninstall, reinstall, and try and get the upgrade to install.

Thanks for all the info on this channel - really appreciated.

2 Likes

I too am experiencing the issues that you describe with the color shifts.

In the interim, I’ve gone back to using Sharpen & DeNoise as Photo AI is now unusable.

Jack

3 Likes

Hi, would love to see a default “line art” click once option; in upscaling low res logos, it’s a pain to have to manually draw over an entire element to avoid distortion.

it would be very usefull to have a preference to unlock the crop tool and it stay unlocked

3 Likes

@jkaethee could you post any comment about the color issue??

Processed photos with the new Photo AL were not a good in any respect as SharpenAL
Gordy Liindgren

2 Likes

V2.1.3 continues to be unstable and crash even when processing only a single photo at a time.
This update is a complete failure

the progress bar whil processing is confusing, ist goes from left to right serval times, this sodes not make any sense to me as it is no more an indication how long it will take to finsih prcessing.

2 Likes

There used to be progress bars in Topaz products that showed relative time remaining until end of processing. A real progress bar moved (once) from left to right in pace with the processing.

I’m with you that I prefer a Status Bar of that sort, so it provides meaningful status info (vs just letting you know the app hasn’t died & is still running sorta like music on hold)!!!

2 Likes

Keep getting this error after upgrading and app crashes and close at times.
Have tried uninstalling and installing the new version, same result.