Topaz Photo AI v1.4.0

I like the changes you guys made to the UI! Another change I would really like is moving the progress bar to the right panel. I’d say, right beneath the Crop/Subject bar.
Having to shift my eyes right-left-right every time I make changes to the settings (especially on a widescreen monitor) is not very efficient or pleasant. Being able to see all sliders in one glance would be great!

1 Like

Hi @adam.mains :slight_smile:

This Update has fixed the “Twisted Toggle”-Bug, thank you :wink: :+1:

1 Like

I did some more testing.
The very first nef-file I tested didnt work, but all other files I have processed thereafter DO work.
Maybe there is something strange with that particular file.
Anyway. Thanks for responding

1 Like

A minor issue, the file save dialogue implies that images are being rotated. That is the image sizes are reversed for the output file.

2023-07-07_105224

Can you please send us the original image through Dropbox?

I uploaded a crop in original resolution which allows to reproduce the issue.

1 Like

I struggled to reproduce this exactly a second time. However I manage to. I dropped a bunch of photos into PAI. Then selected the first image to denoise only and applied that to all photos. No upscaling is selected. This is what the save dialogue showed:
2023-07-07_114814
I should have added Win10x64 on laptop with i7 CPU.

hi, thanks for this release ! any chance that one day, the possibility to copy a setting to one other single image in the batch would be possible, added to the already available “copy setting to all” Thanks !

1 Like

I like it! Great job!

Must be a bug, it has been saving for at least 10 min, somethings wrong here

Is this happening with any image? Can you please recreate it again and send us your log from Help > Open Log Folder?

I agree wholeheartedly! And, have suggested a number of times also.

For me, it’s not only less efficient, it is difficult for my vision. I am a Ps user and have everything docked right b/c it bothers my eyes less…

Another part of the issue is that b/c there is no Comparison View, I try to cycle thru models as quickly as possible to figure out which works best. Having to keep checking the far bottom left makes it pretty much impossible to achieve what I’m attempting.

2 Likes

Yeah, the new preserve text feature as done a smashing job on the text my test photo’s .

I also tried applying it to the whole image and it works as quite a nice alternative sharpening option too especially on black and white images, sketches etc, it sharpens without bad halos.
It does have tendency to try to make anything that could be text into letters as you’d expect :slight_smile: .

1 Like

Fotomaker, I agree with your suggestion to bring back the Comparison View!

1 Like

If it’s being used as a plug-in, it could be the issue I reported here.

This is happening with me too. Happens when I try to use Photo AI within Photoshop. I just won’t finish saving. Works OK in the stand alone version outside of Photoshop though. Whew! Really like the new interface!

Crash me every time when I use Preserving Text!
After set text to improve TPAI improve text, but when I do something (mouse wheel zoom, change strength), program crash.
WIn11, AMD Ryzer 5600G, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3050.

1 Like

@yazi.saradest I reported same issue.

Trying your new Preserving Text feature, pretty cool… but here it is having trouble recognizing from your screenshot number 4. The rest of the letters and numbers are pretty cool, amazing improvements for sure!

I am not clear how to activate. I also show that i have claimed two seats and can claim no more, but i am now and have only been using it on one PC. What steps to follow to activate 1.4.0?