Topaz Photo AI 3 opens without menu bar. Can't move, minimize, mazimize or close

When I run Photo AI, the application opens stuck to the top of the screen, but not maximized to fill it. I can not move the window and there are no menus or window controls visible. It appears the program still functions as I am able to add and edit files. I have to exit via the Task Manager.

Windows 10
I believe I have v 3.0.1, but there is no way to check it

Topaz Photo AI [v1.x.x] on [Windows/Mac]

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: Problem with fitting to screen in Version 3

After recent update, the Topaz Photo AI window is too high on my screen and I cannot see the “Add Enhancement” option at all.

Four days ago, I updated Photo Ai to the latest version (3.0.3, according to my control panel). The program opens fine and can process images, but I cannot get the taskbar to appear at the top. Also, I cannot move the program on the screen. As a result, I have to use the task manager to close the program. This did not happen with the version I had been using (not sure what it was). I am running Windows 10 on an HP PC, with an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 card, with the latest driver installed.

I see that this is not a new issue, but have yet to see a solution. I find the new version better than the one I had been using, but the lack of functionality (and solutions) makes me want to just restore the computer and give up on the latest version. If I uninstall the program and reinstall it, will Topaz recognize me a legitimate purchaser or will it demand that I purchase the program again?

Windows key combined with the arrow keys can move the active application window to different parts the screen. Then you can grab the title bar and position the window wherever you want.

As long as you have your Topaz account details, you can just reactivate if necessary.

When run as Photoshop plug-in, Topaz Photo AI does not maintain window size from previous launch. Requires resizing each time launched.

Steps to reproduce issue:

1. Step 1: Open Topaz Photo AI as plug-in in Photoshop.

Topaz Photo AI v3.0.3 on Windows 11

1 Like

It’s also a problem in standalone mode!

This issue remains in v3.0.4 on my Win 11 laptop. Can a fix be expected in subsequent releases?

Hello everyone,

Wanted to let you know that we have released Photo AI v3.0.4 that fixes the window size issue. You will be able to download this update from your app directly or by using the following link here:

Here is the full list of changes/fixes done on this release. Please let us know if you have any issues in updating to this version!

We appreciate your patience and collaboration while the Developers were fixing this issue :slight_smile:

[Please describe your issue here. Try to include logs (Help → Logging) and add screenshots if necessary.]

Steps to reproduce issue:

Issue is that there is no menu (top bar)

1. Step 1 load AI
  2. Step 2 that’s it… no menu
  3. Step 3 beyond the general issues of functionality this introduces, only way to close the program is killing it in Task Manager

Topaz Photo AI [v3.0.4] on [Windows 11 pro]

I also have this issue after the update, the app doesn’t fill the screen except for the top which appears to go beyond it
Btw an alternative way to close it is through Task View and close the thumbnail but the problem still remains of course

Topaz Photo AI [v3.0.4] on [Windows 10]

Why is Topaz not replying; software is unworkable

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.