Sharpen AI v2.0.0

I forgot: it is a matter of batch processing, I did not work with the single imgae output.

I have various input, jpg & TIF and with these settings output to the source directory:

And with these settings, all PNGs in a selected directory … became DNGs in a unselected directory the directory selected for output was - “D:\Users.…\Pictures\Exports - Capture One” :

NOTE: This folder appears directly before the input folder:

@adam.mains you may want to check this out.

OK, you are right. If I drag the picture onto the executable, it has no option for save. So I understand that in this case, it works like a plugin version.

No problem with that, but without advice, you are not aware of it and I have lost two original pictures because it was not so obvious that I was working in plugin mode, as I started the program directly, not from other one. Anyway, I have learnt the lesson and I start first the program and then open the picture from the menu.

Regarding the quality slider in jpg saving, I have sent you by e-mail a screen capture after selecting JPG (anyway, it was the default, as the picture was a JPG).

As others have indicated, to have the AUTO parameters selected by the AI as a default starting point for manual change should be nice, not always the 50/50 values.

On the other hand, the new version 2 seems a big step in UI over the previous one. Keep improving! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

When I use ARW (Sony Raw) files as Input, I get all black output images. Tested with JPG, TIFF, DNG. No difference between standard or mask mode.

Single Output (not batch), the images appeared in the selected directory.

Hello, Sharpen AI v2.0.2 Enregister sous filname.dng, le fichier de sortie a perdu toutes les métadonnées du RAW d’origine, c’est ennuyeux pour le suivi des informations, pour le développement automatique dans CameraRae et donc aussi dans LR.
Pouvez-vous, s.v.p., y remédier dans une prochaine version ?
Merci de m’avoir lu.
Yves

Hello, Sharpen AI v2.0.2 Save as ** filname.dng, ** the output file has lost all the metadata of the original RAW, it’s annoying for tracking information, for automatic development in CameraRae and therefore also in LR.
Can you please fix it in a future version?
Thanks for reading me.
Yves

@adam.mains : maybe most of the problems can be fixed by just check the installation process. At least for Windows users one of the main reasons for weird application behaviour seems to be the fact that installation does not apply some registry values for users with standard accounts (i.e. not admin users).

This is a problem of all Topaz applications that use the new installer and create registry entries in the [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Topaz Labs LLC] branch. In this registry branch the key DataPath is just missing.

Please see a detailed description of the problem and how to fix it here and (for Denoise AI) here.

1 Like

I have this 2.0.2 installed on 3 Win 10 machines and do not experience this behavior with ARW files.

If you post the graphics info from Help > Graphics Info it will aid in assisting you.

@Linda Imgreene

Here is the graphics info:

Application & Version: Topaz Sharpen AI Version 2.0.2

Operating System: Windows 10 (10.0)

Graphics Hardware: Intel(R) UHD Graphics 620

OpenGL Driver: 3.3.0 - Build 26.20.100.7263

CPU RAM: 16275 MB

Video RAM: 1500 MB

Preview Limit: 3466 Pixels

Black screen
copied graphics info

Graphics Hardware: Intel(R) HD Graphics 520

OpenGL Driver: 3.3.0 - Build 21.20.16.4821

CPU RAM: 12208 MB

Preview Limit: 3466 Pixels

Graphics Hardware: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600

Computer #2
OpenGL Driver: 3.3.0 - Build 20.19.15.5070

CPU RAM: 16136 MB

Preview Limit: 3135 Pixels

You will need to use Intel OpenVINO under the advanced processing options as the HD Graphics 620 doesn’t have enough dedicated vRAM, it only has 115MB.

1 Like

You will need to use Intel OpenVINO under the advanced processing options as the HD Graphics 520 doesn’t have enough dedicated vRAM, it only has 115MB.

1 Like

Again, you will need to use Intel OpenVINO under the advanced processing options as the HD Graphics 4600 doesn’t have enough dedicated vRAM, it only has 115MB.

1 Like

The Key is not missing in Windows 10, mine says “D:\ProgramData\Topaz Labs LLC\Topaz Sharpen AI” after the install which is correct.

It is best that the application is installed with Admin privileges and the registry is NOT altered.

1 Like

Win10 Pro.

I clicked the link in your email. That downloads and installs v2 into c:\ProgramData

Strange location, but experience says not to mess with your choice of location on install, as things then tend to get screwed.

So, have the initial version installed in that directory.

Then ran the new v2.
Before anything else came up, it tells me an upgrade is available, and the whole install process gets re-started, but this time with the target directory as c@\program Files\Topaz Labs LLC
That then puts a vull install of 2.0.2 on my hard drive

So now I have THREE versions - all big - sitting on my SSD.

the option

enable Intel Openvino is already set to yes.

I did not enable the discrete GPU because setting this option slow down the system extremly.

When I use a dng as input format sharpen ai gives me a very small dng as output (256 * 191) with a filesize of 70 MB. Same with ORF (Olympus RAW)

Well, for my normal user account it was missing although I ran the setup as administrator (“Run as Administrator” in context menu of setup file). It was there for the admin account. So there must be a difference between your setup and mine.
Is your user a member of the administrator group ?

I am not a computer genius. Where might I find that to do this. Thank you

It doesn’t unless you change it. The default install directories are as follows:

• Program Executables: Installed into your Program directory
    Program Resources: Into ProgramData

You have then installed them into separate directories.

Advanced Preferences in File-> Preferences