• Fixed Lightroom template installation on Mac

v2.0.2:

• Fix nav panel not updating in auto-update mode in some cases
  • Fix the “Are you sure” message showing up even if no images are loaded
  • Fix the mask applying full white automatically after switching rows
  • Fix instance where save directory would not be set
  • Fix the default view setting being invalid

v2.0.3

• Fixed a bug where the save dialog would not be populated when an image wasn’t selected.
  • Fixed image format selection being offset due to preserve format option
  • Fixed original preview not sticking when mouse button held down
  • Fixed original and preview labels being wrong when using original view
  • Fixed a handful of issues regarding panning not displaying a preview
  • Fixed issues with generating preview overlay not showing up
  • Fixed mouse down to view original not showing the processed version when released with auto-update turned off
  • Source/Custom is no longer restricted to batch mode
  • TIFF compression and bit depth options are saved and reused
  • The custom save directory is no longer reset every time and remembers the last location
  • Added hotkey: Pressing O in masking mode toggles overlay
  • Added hotkey: Pressing X in masking mode toggles Show/Hide
  • Changed models to avoid color artifacts

2.0.4:

• Fixed mask not saving correctly on images
  • Fixed masks not applying to the correct image when multiple were used in a batch
  • Fixed mask strokes not clearing when removing images and then re-importing more
  • Fixed bug where selecting a row with a mask could clear the strokes
  • Lower VRAM usage to avoid running out of memory

v2.0.5:

• Fixed a crash when saving a large image with a mask
  • Fixed an issue that prevented the application from closing when in external editor more
  • Fixed the view menu options on Mac not triggering
  • Fixed program not closing properly when used as a plugin
  • Use less VRAM to potentially fix black preview and black output issues

Known Issues in 2.0.5:

• If you move the navigator panel preview while an image is processing, it may not update.
  • Black preview and black output can happen when using certain setups with low available VRAM.
    • You can fix this sometimes by switching to a dedicated GPU via preferences.
    • There is a potential fix in 2.0.5, but we need users to verify.
3 Likes

Is there an update available?

Yes as noted.

Hi @adam.mains 
 seems like there is an issue on exit. In this case the image was processed and saved, then I clicked on the X to exit and received this message even though there were no images open.

2 Likes

Nothing is happening when I select an option. No preview either. Saved ouotput is untouched.

Just updated to 2.0.1, but the several issues I noticed in 2.0.0 are all still there:

1. Masking interface in the Product Tour does not match the actual interface - I think it’s still the original from the right hand column.

2. When entering Masking mode for a second image the mask for the previous image is loaded.

3. When entering Masking mode a white mask is shown as default but the Show (white) brush is also selected. If you start brushing the mask immediately changes to a black one (except for where you’ve brushed). This is confusing.

4. The warning message mentioned earlier by AiDon still appears even when no image is loaded when you exit.

2 Likes

Why does the update to 2.0 run, then when launches, it prompts for another update and proceeds to do the same downloads again. The updater to 2.0 should just get the current files and not ask for another update.

This is where the brush should be used to brush in the effect rather than Show/Hide it should be Brush/Erase and default to starting with a “black” icon, i.e. hide all if you want to use PS notation, then use the “Brush” to brush in those areas you want the effect to be applied to.

And use Invert/Reset for the mask then use Fill to fill in the brushed area 
 it is so confusing and complicated for a single effect.

In fact it would be better to work with just the Red overlay.

1 Like

See above it updates to v2.0.1

Hotfixes (v2.0.1):

• Fixed Photoshop outputting default settings
  • Fixed Lightroom template installation on Mac

I agree Don, but it seems to me that if it’s going to default to a black mask it should also default to a Show/white brush instead of this convoluted inversion process which only works in the one instance, i.e. right at the start of masking.

2 Likes

We also no longer have the ability to control the size of the brush, the softness/threshold or the opacity by means of the arrow keys or by entering figures into the relevant box.

UPDATE: We have, but in a separate box which only appears when we invoke the slider first.

2 Likes

Hi Don,
I get what it is doing. More what I meant, as a suggestion, is if a user is updating from 1.x using the updater, the updater should get 2.0.1 the first time, instead of us having to wait through 2 downloads.
Thanks,
Jeff

This download thing got me, it was very confusing, somehow I ended up doing 4 installations. Then decided to uninstall the 1.* version first, and then install the new version. Which indeed required yet another installation.

I am now using it for the first time through Affinity Photo. I have enalbled ‘discrete gpu’ and set gfx mem to max. But it is SLOOOOOOOW. Even if in Affinity I make a new layer and erase everything expect what I want to sharpen, it is just too slow to use

The sharpening itself somewhat feels to have the same results, so it is not clear to me why this is happening.

In the 1.* version, when using manual settings, I still could start with a press on “auto settings”. I seem to miss this option right now. When I used the focus option it used way too much sharpening as a result, and with the now very slow updates its quite time consuming to find the right settings for the image. I think have to fall back on the old version instead right now

Update: the updating and rendering goes faster now. I had to manually set sharpen ai to use the Geforce card again. So that was not on your side, but user error.

this is a message I posted on DPreview
Updated with standalone

What the result ?

1 I have a problem with the zoom factor . it’s two times too large 50% is really 100%

This is the same problem still not corrected than Denoise AI ver 2.0.0

I cannot understand, My PC windows 10 is pretty standart and powerfull enough with no problem

2 Trying to use the Mask mode same problem as Denoise AI Version 2. Not possible to understand how and when the supposed result is updated on the screen , absolutly incoherent

Topaz never denied these problems with Denoise AI V2 and even promised to fixed these but two month later still nothing and even worth they are propagating these problems to other new software versions

I loved some of their products but I am afraid they are going directly into the wall !

Do you have more than 1 GPU on your PC?

Please run Sharpen AI and go to Help-> Graphics info, press copy and paste the info here.

Note that you will always have to setup Graphics settings if the install location changes. It is easier to use the Windows Settings Graphics option.

That is not so, and certainly not on DeNoise AI, this is a 2400 x 1600 image that fills the display @ 50%, but not @ 100% as you can see here:

There is no Mask Mode in DeNoise AI, and in Sharpen AI the preview either updates using the Update button if Auto-update preview is turned off, or if it is on and you are masking:

• Generating preview text will no longer show up as long as you have the mouse held down when the brush is active
  • If brush is active, generating preview will take longer to show up initially even if mouse is not held down

Please open Sharpen AI and go to Help-> Graphics info and press copy and paste the information here so we can see.

Yes, I have a laptop with integrated gfx card, and a geforce card. There is one program giving problems with the geforce card, hence I needed to set per app/program in nvidia’s control panel which card should be used. It is all good now in regards to the speed. In fact, I have a feeling it is now speeded up
 Thanks so much!

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Display Screen Size for Sharpen AI

Your answers are absolutly unfair . I am using all AI stuffs since the first versions
Yes the zoom factor is wrong for me in Topaz aI since V2 as with Sharpen AI with this version 2
That’s different with Studio2 for exemple. I provided plenty of evidence of that problem .
topaz developpers aknowledge that and promise a fix ?
We can use the software with this first ridiculous issue
We cannot use the software with the second issue . The display not updating most of the time and even . I also provided evidences of that with the export file different than what is on the display
Yes I known sharpen AI is different from Denoise AI
what I wanted to mean is that using the mask AI is working as bad as the chromatic correction with Denoise AI concerning the way the display is or is not updated .
So new features in the two softwre . good ideas but result is pure garbage
I provided my configuration 10 times to the developpers . There is nothing special

Application & Version: Topaz Sharpen AI Version 2.0.0

Operating System: Windows 10 (10.0)

Graphics Hardware: GeForce GTX 1060 6GB/PCIe/SSE2

OpenGL Driver: 3.3.0 NVIDIA 442.19

CPU RAM: 32691 MB

Video RAM: 6144 MB

Preview Limit: 6536 Pixels