Gigapixel v8.0.0

I was also under the impression that PAI was going to be the ultimate all in one tool, and that GP, Denoise and Sharpen were all left for dead. So I bought PAI. Then they raised GP from the dead and gave it unique capabilities. Joke’s on us, I guess.

The point is, they have no motivation to integrate everything into one application, because then you have to buy everything if you want to use it. You’ll never get GP for free and you’ll never see it’s functionality in PAI. The purpose of every business is to make $. Topaz is no different. This should be very clear by now.

2 Likes

They get my money every year as a subscriber. No need to “sell” me another program.

Yep, exactly my thoughts here. I bought Photo AI back in the day because they said it would replace all the other tools (Gigapixel, Denoise, Sharpen) for ease of use and have everything in one place (or at least, that’s what I understood).

I always thought that the updates for the suddenly resurrected Gigapixel were either part of some beta testing or because they wanted a new software with fewer features but also at a lower price.

Now they are giving exclusive features to each software, which, far from enticing me to pay for both, is making me want to pay for neither.

I hope they change their plans before my renewal time comes.

1 Like

The final version’s floor is very different from the original, but the rest is finely detailed.

I love the detail in the sunset image. It’s super detailed and precise, just like a real photo.

1 Like

As someone born in the 80s, I’ve accumulated a lifetime of memories captured on photos and negatives. Over the years, many of these precious moments seemed lost to time and the deterioration of old film. Then I discovered Gigapixel.

This app has been nothing short of a miracle. It has breathed new life into my memories, restoring faded colors, sharpening blurry edges, and enlarging photos to sizes I never thought possible. It’s like stepping back in time, reliving those cherished moments with a clarity I thought was lost forever.

Gigapixel has allowed me to rediscover my past, and to share these memories with future generations. It’s more than just an app; it’s a time machine that has reconnected me with my history.

To the team behind Gigapixel, thank you. Thank you for your dedication, your ingenuity, and for creating a tool that has brought so much joy and revived so many precious memories. You have given me a priceless gift, and I am eternally grateful.

Know that your work has touched my life deeply. With every photo I restore, with every memory I relive, you are there, woven into the fabric of my past.

Thank you.

3 Likes

Crashes every time. How do I return to the previous version? Would you like to see the log?

…have some problem (loked at starup, doesn’t install) witn W11 …run regedit or similar , I use registry first aid 1.1 , for cleaning the registry and for me solve…

Thanks Harald! In all of my examples I am not going for a faithful upscale reproduction of the originals but rather whimsical Redefinings, so I purposely push the sliders toward max each time. Somewhere around 4/5 Creativity seems to be the sweet spot, if you don’t want over-the-top HDR, but the other sliders factor in as well.

Every time I am amazed at what Gigapixel can pull off. It’s such an incredible feeling to be able to sit at a computer and very quickly make something wonderful out of nothing using Stable Diffusion and Topaz! And this is coming from someone who’s been a photographer for 50 years :wink:

I’m trying Redefine on some of my old film scans and early digital photos as well, I’ll need to get some examples ready.

1 Like

Photo AI is their discarded product that gets fewer and fewer fun updates

1 Like

Version 8 simply does not work on my computer. Gave up after 1 hour rendering a 2 x enlargement of a 1024px image. Never had problems before… I don’t think this version is tested well enough before release. Where can i download 7.4 again?

3 Likes

So… going through old WhatsApp photos looking for something to try the redefine on…

Found a photo of a beach:
beach

And since - obviously - mermaids aren’t supposed to have legs to dance with I guess the fault is mine for ending up on the “freakier” side of things:


My settings:
image

1 Like

Why is local rendering taking 3x as long as previously?

Is this by design to force cloud processing…

Local rendering also crashes constantly.

The G8 also just stops with zero activity

Hello - is there a reason why you want the Cloud rendering disabled? Mostly because you prefer rendering locally, or a company policy?

  1. Sometimes PC is not connected to network.
  2. cost of credits.
3 Likes

Thanks for this very kind note Niara! I’ve shared it with the team.

We’re thrilled that our software is able to bring this level of impact to you, and to restore your most cherished memories.

And we’ll keep working on making our apps even more capable in the future!

Cheers

Just a thought. What brand(s) of motherboards and BIOS on computers? Any differences? Are BIOS’s and video drivers up to date?

Oh dear! Yeah, you’ll find that Redefine sometimes tries to be a little too realistic at times.

For more fantastical outputs that don’t match the original - try bumping up the texture to give more power to the prompt. I’ve find that the model, even when being creative - is still heavily inspired by the original by design.

We are looking at more creative options in the future.

2 Likes

Hello - this is definitely not by design. Which model are you rendering when this happens, or is it with all models? We can also take a look at your logs.

A patch is coming soon which will be fixing a number of items.

Cheers

Hi,
Thanks for taking the time to reply. The issue I have (well, had, since I “fixed” it with a workaround) have been identified as a possible problem with “special characters” in my user name in Windows: Photo AI (>=3.2.1) and Gigapixel AI (>=8.0.0) does not open