Video Enhance v2.4.0

While the developers may not always respond directly, they do directly monitor the beta forums.

3 Likes

The point is, they did, and it resulted in better communication than a form or a go-between. When a dev asks you to see logs and immediately tells you what’s going on, that’s interacting. The “bug” form isn’t.

Any member of a regular forum can join beta forums? Or is it a limited private club?

Beta is open to everybody, but you must subscribe to it, and do your “beta tester job” ! It’s not made to use the “beta” as a normal release.

Unless you don’t use it “as a normal relaease” you will not find out what needs to be fixed.:innocent:

That’s not what i mean.

Or another way of wording it is don’t use a beta for valuable production work. Use at your own risk.:upside_down_face:

1 Like

Absolutly MikeF !! :+1:

I requested beta access to Gigapixel too two times but got no response. How do I subscribe to become a beta tester? :eyes:

Hey markus ! (Check your mails ! ). No idea for Gigapixel. for Veai, there was a contact form to fill, but Gigapixel ? don’t know sorry :(. except asking to the support, i don’t know.

1 Like

What are people using to make .avi files from .png files? I have googled and i am not finding anything that is free that works correct and is not command line. ie ffmpeg

old but still useful: VirtualDub. :slight_smile:

I might try that. Makeavi does not work and the colors are off its turning the whole image green then if i try blender and export raw avi the video is black then if i try avi jpeg the image is also black

when your images are numbered just select the first image for load into VirtualDub, it will then take all images as a movie file. dependend on the number of images this might take some time. after that set the fps you want the movie to be. if you extracted the sound of the original add the audio file to the movie in VirtualDub too and then save everything as .avi if you ve not yet installed a decent codec to encode the video with VirtualDub itself. The K-lite-code-pack might be useful here.

Thanks. Its funny that i can not find something after 2012 that works correct.

Using a 3080 (and tested with both ‘Studio’ and ‘gaming’ drivers) - why does VEAI 2.4.0 only use between 10% and 20% of my GPU? I’ve tried with memory settings from medium to maximum, as well as selecting and unselecting the ‘reduce load’ option. This is atrocious performance that doesn’t happen with games or CUDA-accelerated workloads, apart from VEAI.

Ok - so I bought a Mac Mini M1 with 16GB RAM. Big improvement in speed compared to my iMac 3.7 Ghz 6-Core Intel i5 with Radeon Pro 580X 8GB.

On a project using Artemis LQ at 100% using 1280x720p video at 59.95 FPS:

1. Mac Mini M1 – .14 to .15 seconds per frame.
  2. iMac – .29 to .30 seconds per frame.

Dramatic difference. I am impressed, especially when the Mac Mini M1 only cost me $800.

So I guess my goal is to setup a workflow with maybe 4 Mac Minis to start – divide a video project into 4 sections and run them at the same time to make it 4x faster. Then combine the files back together like Humpty Dumpty. lol

This would be a game changer if I can find a way to automate this process.

I am curious if there be a noticeable glitch between the frames of each section.

Anyone else looking at a distributed computer setup? These Mac Mini M1s are cheap and use little electricity. It should be fairly easy to write a script to chop a video file up and then reassemble.

Hmmm - now I am worried that previous posts say this software might be dead.

Is there any proof to that?

forget these messages, it was some beta testing person who think that because one dev left the company and that the new beta was taking more time to be done (lot of issues in the beta next to 2.4.0 to fix) that the software was dead.

absolutly not. we’re actually at the 2.6.0b1 beta, already two betas has been released in the previous days, and it’s leading to some very interesting stuff, now and in the future as well :wink:

Try an another software to see the use of our graphic card, (ask someone here, i don’t know which one) but the windows one has never been good with VEAI and show less that what’s really happen.