Video Enhance AI v2.3.0

it’s certainly related to my 750ti :frowning:

Hello, I have a big problem with Video Enhance 2.3.0. I use it every day. And every day I have at least 1 or 2 BSOD after a few minutes of use or a few hours of use. It’s quite annoying. Often, (I export in sequence of images so I don’t start all over again) after restarting the PC, I find that the last 42 images are corrupted. And it’s like that all the time. The BSODs are always related to the use of the software. Sometimes I even get a total freeze of the screen and the Windows interface. And the only way to fix it is to force a restart in a harware way. On older versions of video enhance, I had from time to time BSOD. But now it is systematic. Not a day goes by that I don’t get a BSOD when using it. Even when I reduce the GPU temperature to 65° I get a BSOD.

And in Whocrashed, it’s often the same thing. It tells me that it is either due to hardware.sys and other times, to ntfs.sys.

example on my last scan

System Information (local)
Computer name: HARALD
Windows version: Windows 10, 10.0, version 2009, build: 19042
Windows dir: C:\WINDOWS
Hardware: MS-7B17, Micro-Star International Co., Ltd., MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON (MS-7B17)
CPU: GenuineIntel Intel® Core™ i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz 8664, level: 6
16 logical processors, active mask: 65535
RAM: 34293710848 bytes (31,9GB)

Crash Dump Analysis
Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

Crash dump directories:
C:\Windows
C:\Windows\Minidump

On Wed 04/08/21 13:48:33 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\080421-54031-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: hardware.sys (hardware)
Bugcheck code: 0xA (0x0, 0x2, 0x1, 0xFFFFF8074D80B610)
Error: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
Bug check description: This indicates that Microsoft Windows or a kernel-mode driver accessed paged memory at DISPATCH_LEVEL or above. This is a software bug.
This bug check belongs to the crash dump test that you have performed with WhoCrashed or other software. It means that a crash dump file was properly written out.
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: hardware.sys .
Google query: hardware.sys IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

On Wed 04/08/21 13:48:33 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP
This was probably caused by the following module: hardware.sys (hardware)
Bugcheck code: 0xA (0x0, 0x2, 0x1, 0xFFFFF8074D80B610)
Error: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
Bug check description: This indicates that Microsoft Windows or a kernel-mode driver accessed paged memory at DISPATCH_LEVEL or above. This is a software bug.
This bug check belongs to the crash dump test that you have performed with WhoCrashed or other software. It means that a crash dump file was properly written out.
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: hardware.sys .
Google query: hardware.sys IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Conclusion
2 crash dumps have been found and analyzed. A third party driver has been identified to be causing system crashes on your computer. It is strongly suggested that you check for updates for these drivers on their company websites. Click on the links below to search with Google for updates for these drivers:

hardware.sys

If no updates for these drivers are available, try searching with Google on the names of these drivers in combination with the errors that have been reported for these drivers. Include the brand and model name of your computer as well in the query. This often yields interesting results from discussions on the web by users who have been experiencing similar problems.

Read the topic general suggestions for troubleshooting system crashes for more information.

Note that it’s not always possible to state with certainty whether a reported driver is responsible for crashing your system or that the root cause is in another module. Nonetheless it’s suggested you look for updates for the products that these drivers belong to and regularly visit Windows update or enable automatic updates for Windows. In case a piece of malfunctioning hardware is causing trouble, a search with Google on the bug check errors together with the model name and brand of your computer may help you investigate this further.

difficult to tell or help with hardware issue that way, i would suggest to write to the support, not here.

but, Usually this error is due to an hardware problem, the fact it’s happen when VEAI run can mean that maybe it’s related to one of the hardware componant trigerred by VEAI when it’s running but not VEAI itself.
never had a BSOD during the one year and a half I used VEAI. i’m not even remember when was the last time i had a BSOD with Win10 certainly it’s from Win 8.1.

I would suggest you to check all your hardware componants, drivers, usb etc… unplug everything (all the usb etc… ) use the computer in his minital state. for example, your motherboard has a video output, so if you use an external graphic card, unplug it temporary or disable it, and use the one from the motherboard / cpu (except if it’s already what you’re doing), etc do the same with the Ram… check one by one.

the website you used is pretty clear in his information. did you followed what they tell ?

I used to have this error with ram overclocking. It means the RAM produces error and caused the system to crash. If your motherboard cannot handle your RAM clock, then you need to upgrade your motherboard in order to use higher RAM clock (or even to use X.M.P)

Who exactly should I ask?

Also, I got yet another BSOD with another error code a bit later.

Crash Dump Analysis
Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

Crash dump directories:
C:\Windows
C:\Windows\Minidump

On Wed 04/08/21 20:00:19 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\080421-56656-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: dxgkrnl.sys (dxgkrnl!DxgkEscape+0x63)
Bugcheck code: 0x50 (0xFFFF920B00000000, 0x10, 0xFFFF920B00000000, 0x2)
Error: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\dxgkrnl.sys
product: [Microsoft® Windows® Operating System](http://www.google.com/search?q=Microsoft® Windows® Operating System)
company: [Microsoft Corporation](http://www.google.com/search?q=Microsoft Corporation)
description: DirectX Graphics Kernel
Bug check description: This indicates that invalid system memory has been referenced.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in a Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

On Wed 04/08/21 20:00:19 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP
This was probably caused by the following module: dxgkrnl.sys (dxgkrnl!DxgkEscape+0x63)
Bugcheck code: 0x50 (0xFFFF920B00000000, 0x10, 0xFFFF920B00000000, 0x2)
Error: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\dxgkrnl.sys
product: [Microsoft® Windows® Operating System](http://www.google.com/search?q=Microsoft® Windows® Operating System)
company: [Microsoft Corporation](http://www.google.com/search?q=Microsoft Corporation)
description: DirectX Graphics Kernel
Bug check description: This indicates that invalid system memory has been referenced.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in a Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

Conclusion
2 crash dumps have been found and analyzed. No offending third party drivers have been found. Connsider using WhoCrashed Professional which offers more detailed analysis using symbol resolution. Also configuring your system to produce a full memory dump may help you.

Read the topic general suggestions for troubleshooting system crashes for more information.

Note that it’s not always possible to state with certainty whether a reported driver is responsible for crashing your system or that the root cause is in another module. Nonetheless it’s suggested you look for updates for the products that these drivers belong to and regularly visit Windows update or enable automatic updates for Windows. In case a piece of malfunctioning hardware is causing trouble, a search with Google on the bug check errors together with the model name and brand of your computer may help you investigate this further.

I have an MSI motherboard with 2 x 16GB DDR4 ram, an 8th generation Intel i9 CPU and my 8GB RTX 2080 GPU by MSI.

Also, I don’t always get the same error code per BSOD. So it’s hard to know what. But it is always when using VEAI. In fact, I feel like the memory leak fix in the bug fix has amplified my BSODs. I didn’t have as many before.

yes, such issue is always difficult to find and fix. you talk about “amplified the issue”. but you must not have any such issue at all (even before). it’s absolutly not normal.

you can write to support of Topaz, and see what they tell.

where did you bought this computer ? did you build it yourself ? if you’re unable to find the issue yourself, you’ll have to hire someone to do it for you. but no matter the error which appears, we’re always in the same kind of problem. memory. or hardware / driver issue. look at what is told for the Direct X issue you have.

• [Solution 1. Reinstall Graphics Driver]
  • [Solution 2. Run DirectX Diagnostic Tool]
  • [Solution 3. Run System File Checker]
  • [Solution 4. Run DISM Commands]
  • [Solution 5. Check Possible Hardware Failure]

dxdiag did not find anything special.
SFC / scannow fixed some errors but did not solve the main problem because I run this command regularly and sometimes it fixes errors if it finds them and sometimes not when there are none. But it doesn’t change anything for the BSOD.

I will however put back the last driver update since downgrading did not change anything.

some tips :

1 - check your ram (remove all of them, and test your system with one ram only, if it crash, remove it, and use the second one. see if the issue is still there.
2 - as said, unplug your graphic card (RTX) and use only the one from your Cpu/motherboard, and see if the crash continue
3 - write to topaz to see if something would come to their mind, as it’s happening with VEAI
4 - do a reset of our bios by loading everything by default (if you changed the timing of your ram , write them down !).
5 - you have a Cpu with a K, that’s mean you’re overclocking it ? (if not owning this Cpu is useless). if it’s the case, stop doing overclocking of your system to see if if something change.

i have an issue with a video plugin called Ignite Pro, it crash all the time an another software. non of the company, Fxhome or Magix found why it’s happening and that since one year. unfortunatly i know that it will work when i’ll re install windows lol… (that’s just an example).

good luck !

I do not overclock. I don’t want to set values that could damage or destroy my CPU or GPU due to overheating.

I contacted the Topaz team. We’ll see what happens next. I have an iso from Mentest86 to test the ram. I haven’t used it yet.

I can’t guarantee this’ll work, but It’s definitely worth a try:

GPU: Freshly install the latest studio drivers by uninstalling and removing all traces of your current ones via DDU.

If that doesn’t work, then maybe:
CPU: Get the latest chipset drivers.

Good luck!

Hey Harald, just for the future, when you’ll want to change your Cpu.

the K after the cpu name means that it has his multiplication factor not locked. that’s mean that this is a CPU which is made to be overclocked. as you don’t use this feature, I suggest you next time you’ll buy a cpu to get the one without the K, because it’s cheaper, and offer the same performance (maybe a bit less or more, it depends) , just that on the non K Cpu, you can’t overclock it.
same with the name F, F means that in it, it has no intel Gpu in the CPU. so if you really don’t need it , you can get a F Cpu (no iGpu and no overclocking feature), the price can be a lot different !!

it can decrase the prize of it. Personnally in VEAI, my intel iGpu is faster than my Nvidia 750ti card, and in case the graphic card break, it’s always good to have a security.

Ha ok. The PC (already assembled), I bought it on Amazon.de because it is cheaper than on Amazon.fr. There are several parts from different brands. The motherboard and the GPU are from MSI. the case is from Corsair, …

I got it for its power. And because I wanted an RTX 2080, an Intel I9 processor and 32GB of RAM.

I have the latest drivers for my configuration.
All the drivers for my configuration are here.
MSI France

Hey Harald, i’m french , write to me in PM (in french !), i’ll try to help as best as i can from the few i know. we never know !

the drivers from the manufacturer are rarely the latest one ! they are usually always late.

Using X.M.P is considered overclocking. And if your motherboard cannot handle the high clock speed (mostly the cheap motherboard under $200), then it might crash. Buy a good motherboard for your high speed RAM is necessary.

Hi all,

A new version has been released. You can find the release thread here.

1 Like