Video Enhance AI v2.3.0

access denied when trying the link :stuck_out_tongue:

bit out of subject, but never liked resolve, and use vegas pro since too much time and as a musician, vegas pro is done like a digital audio workstation so more easier for people like me, that’s why there is so much musicians using it despite his issues (too much of them for such a product at this price).

resolve is “given”, because their business model to earn money is not people like you. so they can allow to give their software, they earn their money with someone else and it make big free ads to them to mae people bying the pro version, because their customers are broadcast, tv, cinema studio etc…
a bit like Hitfilm express but in the professional field.

anyway in vegas pro, adding pictures and making a video is very easy. “import Media” load first picture, and it automatically detect it’s a image sequence and make automatically the project to the right resolution. you have to set a proper framerate, add the audio you want, and render. it take 1mn to do. if the audio is a dts file, best is to add it with something like MKvtoolnix, or convert the DTS to AAC 5.1 stream, as i’m not sure it can import DTS file directly (never tried it).

I agree on that. Not to mention that DaVinci supports a lot of external PlugIns. For example: I always had problems using Neat Video with Adobe, never any problems with DaVinci.

I’m totally aware of their business model and wanted to understand why Resolve is given away at no cost, long before I downloaded it. Had they asked for a my personal information, which they could have sold, I would not have downloaded it. Resolve meets all my needs and is faster, much easier to use and stable. Unlike Premiere, I’ve never had a crash in Resolve. The videos I edit have no special sound needs for DTS, TrueHD or even Atmos, since these are television shows recorded with Elgato 4K60 capture card from sources like BBC iPlayer and a few others.

Is there any way to add a rotate option before beginning processing?

I find that VEAI is pretty useless and dumb when it comes to trying to clean up IPhone generated MP4 (AVC format) videos (which actually are in landscape mode but open up in portrait mode in VEAI incorrectly).

The ones I try are 1440 width x 1920 height and when I try Artemis AI with 200% Sizing it complains that output size is larger than 4K (4096 x 2160) because it tries to output as 2880 x 3840.

When I try to set a smaller output resolution of 4K then (using Sizing 4K UHD option), the program shows a crop box in middle of the portrait frame!! Which is not what I want… I want it rotated first and then crop box to 4K shown!!

By the way there IS a flag in the Quicktime MP4 format file somewhere (which Quicktime player or phone writes) which tells the player which is the correct orientation to play video - this is ignored by VEAI but is correctly interpreted and used by other players such as VLC or KMPlayer64. If VEAI read this rotation flag and opened IPhone MP4 video in correct orientation in first place this problem would not be there. Think the flag is in the EXIF (Change rotation flag in MP4 video (without losing metadata)). I can use this tool to rotate videos https://exiftool.org/ which just changes the flag (exiftool -rotation=-90). Players and even Explorer uses the flag correctly.

I’ve not found anything easy or convenient about having to import 80,000 or more individual frames and putting them together. I’d just like to hear from a Topaz software engineer why having some recovery feature is impractical. Seems to me it would be a great addition to the ever-developing software.

I’m just upscaling older jazz videos/DVD’s etc and I’m stoked that they have added support for de-interlacing etc. I just don’t want to have to combine thousands of frames and sync audio if I can help it.

One more feature request. I’m often scaling older video projects that have small borders or don’t match up with any of the available set pixel dimensions, Would be very cool if I could just drag a box around the area I want to upscale and have those dimensions passed on the scaling section.

1 Like

Good afternoon why doesn’t topaz load my 3080th in half ? after all, if you use 100% loading, you can reduce the processing time ?

I sent you a private message !

You can sort of do that using Resource Monitor. Just open it up, find “Topaz Video Enhance AI.exe”, right-click on it, choose “Suspend”, and you’re done. You can follow the same steps to resume it. I have been doing this for a long time.

3 Likes

depending of the gear you have and which processing it’s not without consequencies. i just tried and suspending the software work, but when resuming it, the speed is much more slower, and it take a bit amount of time to redume it at the original speed.

i tried with a 750ti, i’ll try with a HD 630 intel graphics later. took around 50 to 100 frames to go back to a normal speed. but i agree that it’s an interesting feature for someone doing big project and not a 1000 frames one ;). but be careful, there is always a risk that the resuming can not work. even if the risk is low. I don’t think it’s something recommanded by the devs.

that helps a lot.
thank you very much.

This might be something the devs can check out and verify. If the suspended program, VEAI in this case does not release the video memory that is in use I would expect the OS to handle the CPU and system memory without issue. This might turn out to be a simple feature update. I myself had never looked at that in the resource monitor before.

Well, I am using 1060 6GB and mine doesn’t take more than a minute to get back to original speed.
I personally never had any problems suspending and resuming it. Have done it countless times.

it’s certainly related to my 750ti :frowning:

Hello, I have a big problem with Video Enhance 2.3.0. I use it every day. And every day I have at least 1 or 2 BSOD after a few minutes of use or a few hours of use. It’s quite annoying. Often, (I export in sequence of images so I don’t start all over again) after restarting the PC, I find that the last 42 images are corrupted. And it’s like that all the time. The BSODs are always related to the use of the software. Sometimes I even get a total freeze of the screen and the Windows interface. And the only way to fix it is to force a restart in a harware way. On older versions of video enhance, I had from time to time BSOD. But now it is systematic. Not a day goes by that I don’t get a BSOD when using it. Even when I reduce the GPU temperature to 65° I get a BSOD.

And in Whocrashed, it’s often the same thing. It tells me that it is either due to hardware.sys and other times, to ntfs.sys.

example on my last scan

System Information (local)
Computer name: HARALD
Windows version: Windows 10, 10.0, version 2009, build: 19042
Windows dir: C:\WINDOWS
Hardware: MS-7B17, Micro-Star International Co., Ltd., MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON (MS-7B17)
CPU: GenuineIntel Intel(R) Core™ i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz 8664, level: 6
16 logical processors, active mask: 65535
RAM: 34293710848 bytes (31,9GB)

Crash Dump Analysis
Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

Crash dump directories:
C:\Windows
C:\Windows\Minidump

On Wed 04/08/21 13:48:33 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\080421-54031-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: hardware.sys (hardware)
Bugcheck code: 0xA (0x0, 0x2, 0x1, 0xFFFFF8074D80B610)
Error: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
Bug check description: This indicates that Microsoft Windows or a kernel-mode driver accessed paged memory at DISPATCH_LEVEL or above. This is a software bug.
This bug check belongs to the crash dump test that you have performed with WhoCrashed or other software. It means that a crash dump file was properly written out.
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: hardware.sys .
Google query: hardware.sys IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

On Wed 04/08/21 13:48:33 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP
This was probably caused by the following module: hardware.sys (hardware)
Bugcheck code: 0xA (0x0, 0x2, 0x1, 0xFFFFF8074D80B610)
Error: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
Bug check description: This indicates that Microsoft Windows or a kernel-mode driver accessed paged memory at DISPATCH_LEVEL or above. This is a software bug.
This bug check belongs to the crash dump test that you have performed with WhoCrashed or other software. It means that a crash dump file was properly written out.
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: hardware.sys .
Google query: hardware.sys IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Conclusion
2 crash dumps have been found and analyzed. A third party driver has been identified to be causing system crashes on your computer. It is strongly suggested that you check for updates for these drivers on their company websites. Click on the links below to search with Google for updates for these drivers:

hardware.sys

If no updates for these drivers are available, try searching with Google on the names of these drivers in combination with the errors that have been reported for these drivers. Include the brand and model name of your computer as well in the query. This often yields interesting results from discussions on the web by users who have been experiencing similar problems.

Read the topic general suggestions for troubleshooting system crashes for more information.

Note that it’s not always possible to state with certainty whether a reported driver is responsible for crashing your system or that the root cause is in another module. Nonetheless it’s suggested you look for updates for the products that these drivers belong to and regularly visit Windows update or enable automatic updates for Windows. In case a piece of malfunctioning hardware is causing trouble, a search with Google on the bug check errors together with the model name and brand of your computer may help you investigate this further.

difficult to tell or help with hardware issue that way, i would suggest to write to the support, not here.

but, Usually this error is due to an hardware problem, the fact it’s happen when VEAI run can mean that maybe it’s related to one of the hardware componant trigerred by VEAI when it’s running but not VEAI itself.
never had a BSOD during the one year and a half I used VEAI. i’m not even remember when was the last time i had a BSOD with Win10 certainly it’s from Win 8.1.

I would suggest you to check all your hardware componants, drivers, usb etc… unplug everything (all the usb etc… ) use the computer in his minital state. for example, your motherboard has a video output, so if you use an external graphic card, unplug it temporary or disable it, and use the one from the motherboard / cpu (except if it’s already what you’re doing), etc do the same with the Ram… check one by one.

the website you used is pretty clear in his information. did you followed what they tell ?

I used to have this error with ram overclocking. It means the RAM produces error and caused the system to crash. If your motherboard cannot handle your RAM clock, then you need to upgrade your motherboard in order to use higher RAM clock (or even to use X.M.P)

Who exactly should I ask?

Also, I got yet another BSOD with another error code a bit later.

Crash Dump Analysis
Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

Crash dump directories:
C:\Windows
C:\Windows\Minidump

On Wed 04/08/21 20:00:19 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\080421-56656-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: dxgkrnl.sys (dxgkrnl!DxgkEscape+0x63)
Bugcheck code: 0x50 (0xFFFF920B00000000, 0x10, 0xFFFF920B00000000, 0x2)
Error: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\dxgkrnl.sys
product: [MicrosoftÂŽ WindowsÂŽ Operating System](MicrosoftÂŽ - Google Search WindowsÂŽ Operating System)
company: [Microsoft Corporation](Microsoft - Google Search Corporation)
description: DirectX Graphics Kernel
Bug check description: This indicates that invalid system memory has been referenced.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in a Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

On Wed 04/08/21 20:00:19 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP
This was probably caused by the following module: dxgkrnl.sys (dxgkrnl!DxgkEscape+0x63)
Bugcheck code: 0x50 (0xFFFF920B00000000, 0x10, 0xFFFF920B00000000, 0x2)
Error: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\dxgkrnl.sys
product: [MicrosoftÂŽ WindowsÂŽ Operating System](MicrosoftÂŽ - Google Search WindowsÂŽ Operating System)
company: [Microsoft Corporation](Microsoft - Google Search Corporation)
description: DirectX Graphics Kernel
Bug check description: This indicates that invalid system memory has been referenced.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in a Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

Conclusion
2 crash dumps have been found and analyzed. No offending third party drivers have been found. Connsider using WhoCrashed Professional which offers more detailed analysis using symbol resolution. Also configuring your system to produce a full memory dump may help you.

Read the topic general suggestions for troubleshooting system crashes for more information.

Note that it’s not always possible to state with certainty whether a reported driver is responsible for crashing your system or that the root cause is in another module. Nonetheless it’s suggested you look for updates for the products that these drivers belong to and regularly visit Windows update or enable automatic updates for Windows. In case a piece of malfunctioning hardware is causing trouble, a search with Google on the bug check errors together with the model name and brand of your computer may help you investigate this further.

I have an MSI motherboard with 2 x 16GB DDR4 ram, an 8th generation Intel i9 CPU and my 8GB RTX 2080 GPU by MSI.

Also, I don’t always get the same error code per BSOD. So it’s hard to know what. But it is always when using VEAI. In fact, I feel like the memory leak fix in the bug fix has amplified my BSODs. I didn’t have as many before.