Video Enhance AI v2.2.0

2 scenerios:

• Your CPU is too hot.
  • Your motherboard cannot handle RAM X.M.P

My RAM isn’t overclocked and I just did a memory test and that wasn’t the issue. ALQ does push the CPU quite high in usage for me but I am using beefy Dark Rock Pro 4 and temps in HW Monitor seems to be fine, for all the components. I am trying another upscale with ALQ and see if it still crashes.

Uninstall VEAI, uninstall Studio Driver.
Restart your PC
Reinstall Studio Driver
Go to control panel and remove all old VEAI versions.
Reinstall VEAI again
Let me know if that solves your issue.

Yes, frequent crashes, and I’m on the Studio driver.

Not sure if you’re still looking but I use something called lossless-cut for cutting my videos. I’m not able to post a link here but you can easily find it by searching for its name.

I find it much better than Solveig (easier to use and better results). Best of all, it’s free!

1 Like

Tried doing that to no avail. Still having crashes. I have attached the logs and a note doc of the dump files

Crash without error or crash with “Low VRAM” did you have?

There was an error, in the link i attached the WinDbg analysis of the dump files as well as the VEAI logs.

I believe it’s related to your PC only.

If you’re having crashing with occasional or recurrent BSODs, that’s typically a computer problem. You’ll see it happen with meatier apps like VEAI - it’s resource intensive and if the PSU isn’t up to snuff / the PC is prone to an overheating issue you’ll see these types of crashes.

Im trying out the new leaked windows 11 build. Would love to be a beta tester and try to run veai on win 11 now and in the future

Thank you. I shall try and let you know.

You’ve been promoted… Congratulations :blush:

I am constantly getting a black square appear in random places when im encoding and i am a fully fledged Paid up member of Topaz Enhance since april 21 not on the trial and Im logged in before i start encoding.
This is happening about 30 seconds to a minute into a 24 hour encode job and sometimes several hours into the encoding so it just ruins hours and hours of encoding…

I was getting this on AI v2.1.1 and the Beta version also

What prestet did you use and what font was it interlaced?

Try using DIR V4, I see how the audience faces look like friend gouache paints, for me Dione Interlaced Robust V4 solved this problem a lot, although it wasn’t perfect, it improved a lot, and it didn’t double the fps of the Final Upscaling FullHD.

Att.

DruidÂŽ.

Since May 5th there is this version, and I haven’t installed it. Because no new updates on models. The stability for me was already acceptable with the previous version.

So I keep using 2.1.1 and wait for some real improvement.

(i7 10700-rtx3090)

:grinning:

Dear Taylor Bishop,
I have a question. As you can see in this thread, lancelot_cwb praises DIR V4 but I do not have access to this model. Is it really better than DIR 3? What about the ghosting which appears after using Dione DV/TV models? Do you know how to overcome the problem? Now I check Chronos model to smooth my footage - from 15 fps to 30 and 60, respectively.
Best,

I was using the 1.8 version and upgraded to 2.2.0 but now everything i made has no sound eventho i checked the box for “keep sound”
Anyone knows what the problem is?
The audio works just fine with the earlier version.

I think most of us gave up on sound long ago. It rarely works, reduced quality when it does, can’t handle more than stereo, and is often out of sync.