Video Enhance AI v1.8.0

Yes it did The Trick. I have changed the “displayPri” for each model,starting form 10,20,30… to 100. And All are sorted out.However next update I have to do this again it seems if it gets overwritten :slight_smile:
Thank you very much for the solution.

The new Artemis LQ model is nothing short of amazing. Thank you so much for your hard work. I wanted to ask if the Gaia CG issue has been fixed/quality match 1.6.1 or not.

I know this is a user to user and - rarely - a company to user forum, but today I just want to say “thank you” because VideoEnhance 1.8.0 is a great improvement over the 1.7.x versions. :grinning:

1 Like

I join my words to my friend above, and like Lee.keels told, yes, artemis is fantasting. even if it can be seen as “slow” by most of you, artemis give an amazing result, for a speed divided by three compared to Gaia for me (i’m going from 6.5s/fr or 720>1080p to 2.60s/fr). for me, on my footage , gaia still stay the best, but when the speed is taken in consideration, it’s difficult to go with it (divided by 3 or even more).

good job Topaz !

1 Like

I am really amazed by the patience you and others show.
6.5spf or even 2.6 spf would completely destroy the fun i have with VEAI.

I almost die, when i see 1.08 spf on my pc.
Normally i get 0.25spf and just accept more, when i upscale 1080p to 4k on very precious content.

Serious question, do you upscale a complete movie or just minutes/scenes?

I guess with your spf upscaling a 45 min episode of any old series from SD to 4k
would take 3 days…

6spf = (25fps x 6) =150 sec rendering for 1sec video
150hours (6days) for 1h video = OMG

1 Like

Artemis-MQv9 did a fantastic job with a gig I captured from Youtube in 2014. It was amazing to watch the VEAI preview erasing the compression artifacts. I did a write up on it here:
Chvrches - KEXP at Doug Fir, Portland, Oregon, USA (1080p47.952fps) enhancement

Watch it and the original and compare. VEAI 1.8.0 is quite remarkable. I have another gig captured last year with half the bitrate to test soon.

we’re certainly not many to have a so slow speed. i use the intel Gpu on my Cpu, an intel graphics HD 630. on artemis, my 750ti GTX is a bit more faster (not on gaia, 13s/frame lol), but i noticed issues in VEAI when using it, as i have a fanless card, i’m afraid it’s maybe related to this. We’ll See.

yes, you got it, i only and can do only very short clip. and thanks to someone here, who accept to do some upscalling for me on his amazing 2070 RTX.

I have a physical issue, i’m oversensitive to sound. so i can only have fanless graphic card or very low in term of fan sound one.
so i’m waiting the release of the RTX 3050 (not announced yet and no dates) to see if the fans would be not that loud, if not, the only solution i would have would be a 1650 GTX, i wanted to buy one for chrismtas but all graphics cards are out of stock. (yes i’m frustrated). this is as well a financial issue, even if fanless, i can’t afford myself an RTX 2070 , or whatever is available too. so it’s a matter of very silent fans, or a fanless graphic card + a budget maximum around 250€ and all this must enter in my mini Itx case, which only accept a 220mm graphic card maximum lol.

so when i see people here who spend their time to complaint about everything, i’ m just tired to read each message every days excepecially the guy who complaint about a total off topic , and his **** censured *** windows 7 / 10 hate / love relationship.

But i’m fortunate, i discoverded the world of the video in the 80’s (in the professional world too), with 8mm , 16mm film, with Camera (professional Betacam SP and "u’matic) where i had to wear the battery for the cameran… rendering Special FX and end credits on a commodore amiga and a 3D software (Newtek lightwave) where one single image could take several days to render…

So being able to render small clip on VEAI is for me already fantastic. of course i would like to render more stuff and much longuer but i do and deal with my limits. no other choice.

2 Likes

I shall alert the media. In the meantime I will FedEx a cookie to your location.

Amiga and Lightwave … those were the days:)
Lightwave was the reason for me to upgrade my amiga4000 with an 68040 cpu and a picasso ii gfx card. I loved making my own trailers and small animations with it.
I still have the huge manuals …like a newyork telephone book… in my cellar.

Anyways, sorry to hear you having such problems. I used to run a fanless 1050i before i heard about VEAI. My first tests were really slow, but much faster than the intel uhd630 gpu on my i-8700k.
So i first took the rtx3070 what was a blast of performance compared to the 1050i…
before i finally switched to the rtx3090.

But i must tell you that even the fanless gpus dont make the pc quiet.
Today the power supply, cpu and cases need a lot of cooling so there is still noise.
I am lucky as i am bad hearing, so i dont mind about loud pcs. I used to work in big server rooms for years, so i am used to that anyways.

Why dont you try to bring the pc out of the “office” room?
Today it does not matter where the pc really is. It could even stand in the car garage.
All you need is 3 extra long usb (maybe with repeater)/hdmi cables…
for mouse, keyboard, monitor. I guess thats not more than 30$ for those cables on ebay.
I also would try some ear plugs (not apple) just some wax or cotton wool.

And last but not least … as soon as the rtx 30x0 cards become widely available the prices for used 20x0 cards will heavily drop. I bet for 250€ you can get your own /used) 2060 or 2070 then.

p.s. i just checked the german ebay (used) flea market (not the normal ebay) and found some rtx2060. Even a new(unused) one for 299€ right now.

1. yes, we did the switch in our Amiga 2000 back then with the 68030 and 68040 after that too ;). Lightwave was the reason for the upgrade of course :slight_smile:

2. glad to know that at least the 1050ti is faster than the 630, because 750ti is not lol.

3. i’m suffering from this illness since 1995, so you bet i know all this since a very long time !
    10 meters Usb 2.0, 3.0 , Hdmi, (and before Vga, RS232, etc…) etc.
    I’m using a Screen case custom built protected with plexiglass and in it there is my 4 months old 24" led screen. because of the noise LED/LCD screen make.
    Before i was using since 2010 an old CRT 17" LG. (yes it was a nightmare. lol)

4. my pc is out of my desk, but i’m living in a small flat with only one room, the computer is in a closet behind my door behind me, it’s not that simple. I use lot of stuff to reduce the noise of the pc
    but i experienced some issues at time with vibration for example, like the fans of my Nas or the computer and i had to have some extra stuff to reduce this, or very high pitched noise (coilwhine sometimes killed my brain very strongly, like a Seasonic Fanless one some years ago),

so i must be very careful. it’s not that simple.
My actual system run fine and make no noise at this distance, but a graphic card adding 2 or 3 fans can be an issue. it’s not that easy, even with some distance. i’ll have a garage, it would be not an issue, but the computer is just behing me, there is a hole in the wall for all the cables, so if the sound of the card is pretty strong, the noise can go by this way. it’s really not that simple ! i didn’t used a graphic card with fans since i think 12 years now more or less, but thanks for trying to help ;).

1. I can’t use an used graphic card with fan, if not, if the sound is an issue, how i can send it back and be refunded ? i can’t, so ebay is not an option, that’s why i’m waiting the release of a 3050.

Are u sure that this method really use a different model and not the inital model but just renamed ?

I can confirm, it will actually download a different model from the Topaz server. For example, v9 and v8 are different, as well as all the others as @Chase described.

It has a GUI, called Hybrid by Selur. I don’t do any scripting and I use QTGMC for deinterlacing all the time. If you decide to try Hybrid, I recommend downloading the earlier version 2020.08.02.1, not the latest, just because it seems to work better for me. The key to its successful use is to read up a little on the functions and then change all the default settings to your preference. Save those settings, then it opens ready to use from then on. I can honestly say, QTGMC is one of the very best for quality.

1 Like

Um, patience is a virtue, impatience not so much. :smile: I appreciate the speed on my RTX 2070 super, but I at one time enjoyed the results I got with VEAI using only CPU, as well. We all get spoiled, I’m sure.

Thats sounds good. Thx for the info.
I will give it a try as soon as i need deinterlacing again.

I did a denoise on my 640x480 movie & the result was stunning, so then I converted to 1920x1080 & it was pathetic.
Any chance of doing the denoise & upgrade to1920x1080 at the same time ?

I’m a Topaz fan but you can’t “run it twice”

1 Like

I usually do my upscales on two or three passes.
Could you please explain what ‘was pathetic’?

The final result was so poor that I am doing it again, it was unwatchable

It usually works. Did you try going on the first pass to higher res? Or another model? Maybe try going only 2x up the res, not all the way to 1080p
Don’t do the process on the whole video at once. Begin by trying different models on a small portion (like 100 frames or so), then try other models on top of that small portion. That way you know the results but don’t loose too much time

1 Like

As a Mac user, I ventured into the Windows world from time to time, so I could use certain applications. I never stayed, however, mostly because of Windows’ instability and bugs. Windows 10 is the first version for me that is stable and usable. I have been using it for VEAI and related video applications for the last few months with no notable issues. Yes, updates are always on.

1 Like