Topaz Video AI v4.0.7

No crashing while playing previews this time.
With PNG output, it doesn’t show the processed frames. It says it’s showing them, but they are very obviously the original frames.

Take this as an observation. I don’t care if it’s not working correctly for PNG. I use external programs to view the previews.

Have you done the Apollo fast fix yet?

Do a version that doesn’t require AVX2 if the system has a whizzy graphics card and I’ll try it, but with the AVX2 requirement I have to run it on my slow and non discrete GPU AVX2 system… Plus I’m running the v8 alpha anyway, as that seems the most useful version to do feedback on…

(Edit) Oh, it says Beta Tester, that’s new… I assume alpha tester was taken :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

P.S. It is a bit amusing that I’m supposed to run it on my Nvidia RTX card but can’t due to not having the correct CPU option to run it on the CPU, which neither me nor Topaz want me to do :grinning: :grinning: :grinning:

2 Likes

So, you’re saying, if I have an NVidia video card, I should enable all the checkboxes in the Model Manager. I just did that, and it’s now downloading 1660 models, I suppose. Unfortunately, I received an error screen before I hit 100/1660 that said, “Error: Connection handling canceled”. Perhaps the downloading of 1660 models should be included with the Model Manager’s introduction, with an explanation of why they’re required. I was able to successfully download the rest of the models, but by total count, I was nowhere near 1660. Now I’m not sure whether all the models, even though they’re all checked, have been downloaded. In your screenshot of the Model Manager, you have 26/26 models, while I have 25/25. Is this correct, or did something not download during my initial error and was skipped?

1 Like

When I try different parameters for the model and I want to make preview of 5 frames it always loads models again and again, so the processing takes 3 seconds but loading model takes a lot of time. Is there a way to avoid that?

Is there a way to play looped preview or I need to manually each time put playhead on processed part of video and then stop it when preview is finished?

Are you talking about the few duplicate frames at the very start of the clip? If so, than no.

I get this every time using the model manger, it worked after first install for about 30 seconds but now I get this continuous failed error when my connection speeds are perfectly fine.

Desktop Screenshot 2023.12.13 - 18.53.29.95

1 Like

Just select a few models at a time, and then download those; rinse repeat. It takes longer but will error out a lot less.

Can somebody give me an answer why exports works but when I look at preview it says for the artemis it is queued and I see a vague copy of the original

Why is this

Why this software interface is still counter intuitive compared to 3.5.4

1 Like

Hi !
I tried the AE beta plugin and I did encounter an issue.

I applied it to an effect layer so I’m still able to play with my layers without doing a precomp.

Everything is ok while working, but the Topaz plugin isn’t working anymore when I’m exporting my project with media encoder

Hello,

If possible, could you send your After Effects logs to help@topazlabs.com?

I had exactly the same error, at about the same point (around 100 of 1660 models downloaded, it said). I then re-did the download of all models and it changed to ‘downloading 145 models’, which completed in 8 minutes (including the first failed attempt, I have a fast connection).

The Models folder now contains 310 files totalling 21.9GB and I hope someone can tell me if this seems to be complete? Or am I missing 1560 files or thereabouts?

3 Likes

My Models Folder contains 1,730 files weighing in at 54.5GB (which sounds excessive).

2 Likes

Woah… that’s a lot! Perhaps we need a Topaz person to tell us what it should be…

I did, however, click "remove old model files’ before attempting to use the new Model Manager, maybe that has something to do with it?

2 Likes

So What is the Use We can already add a preset and modelmanager when you select artemis simply downloads 27 i would say things and no clue what the use is

Another mystery addition

Some users have asked for the option to have models downloaded for offline use. The Model Manager GUI downloads all available block sizes for the selected GPU and ensures that processing can complete without an internet connection.

3 Likes

Thanks I see yes In the Netherlands we all have gigabit access and the AIX is close
The Amsterdam Internet Exchange (AMS-IX) is a neutral member-based association that operates multiple interconnection platforms for more than 25 years. [It is one of the largest hubs in the world to facilitate the exchange of Internet traffic between IP networks, also known as peering ]

Not all European and even US countries have this… we are always on line

I am having som issues with subtitles and audio, all subtitles tracks now shows unknown language, before there where different languages, correctly tagged, and all audio tracks is now shown as English, before there where different languages.

Audio was set to copy, there where no options for subtitles.