Topaz Video AI v4.0.7

Hello everyone,

A new release of Topaz Video AI is now available.

v4.0.7
Released December 12th, 2023

Changelog from 4.0.6

• Model Manager GUI has now been added. Access with File -> Model Manager.
  • Reintroduced live preview to the new 4.x system.
  • Added a way to toggle Comparison Mode UI. You can now lock the left view to Original.
  • Improved frame desync related issues in player.
  • Improved 'Export' tab UI to show more details.

NLE Plugin Update

• Added multi-frame rendering for After Effects.

Known Issues

• Inconsistent “Preview X frames” enable status.
  • Rotation w/ previews will not be rotated.
  • Slow-motion playback intermittently inaccurate across two previews with different slow-motion factors playing at the same time.
  • Looping previews and Play button has a stutter.
  • Live preview has some frame de-sync.
  • 14 Likes

MODEL MANAGER!
    YES!

7 Likes

It says AI Beta from what I downloaded for the Mac.

Slight mix-up with our download link, fixed now!

The “beta” version previously posted is identical to the main release but can be uninstalled once the main release is installed.

1 Like

this version has proteus v4 like the alpha??

2 Likes

How much better does proteus v4 perform than v3? Can you tell a difference?

How to open live preview ?

1 Like

better than iris and proteus v3, it is really good with my sd sequences my go pro videos of old clips too, with all the sources I think. it really keeps a lot of detail while removing artifacts

2 Likes

As for the Model Manager, is there some reference as to which models are better suited to GPU or CPU? I’ve left mine on auto since I figure without any knowledge of how the models are processed, I should let the program decide.

This is a good move I think, maybe even make this default and the free comparison view as an optional toggle.
    Otherwise the UI will continue to confuse quite some people

4 Likes

如何打开实时预览?

1 Like

And where did you see the Proteus V4? I have only version 3 updated in the last one…

Proteus V4 is only in the most recent 4.0.8 alpha - so any discussion about Proteus V4 doesn’t really belong in this thread.

2 Likes

So the V4 will be in the update next Tuesday?

2 Likes

Are there any mega-improvements planned for the New Year? Will there be any stable version? Will there be, as always, one drop at a time the path to eternity?

2 Likes

I will give it a try now preview is back by the way good to know that topaz requires at least an nvidea card 4070 RTX I have a 4080 RTX so i purchased a proper system

Live previews automatically display when generating any previews in the app, and do not have a toggle or setting to enable.

1 Like

We highly recommend using GPU models whenever possible. CPU processing is mostly available as a fallback option for incompatible GPUs, but is known to be much slower than GPU accelerated processing.

2 Likes