Topaz Video AI v3.3.1

I am also not sure if those issues are hardware related. The 2.x versions for example I ran for up to 18 hours nonestop with overclocking the GPU without any issues. The 3.x version seems to get trouble even if I run the machine with all default/auto settings in both the BIOS and CPU/GPU. :eyes:

1 Like

Because prior versions were not using the hardware’s full processing power. Performance improvements were put into v3.1 that make use fuller use of the hardware, which draws more power.

1 Like

ApolloFast2

ApolloFast1

I love paying hundreds of dollars for a program that still constantly crashes and requires constant workarounds that only work half the time even after months of constant updates.

1 Like

Not a very contructive comment if you’re seeking any kind of help.
Maybe provide a little bit more info about your problem and be less sarcastic.

7 Likes

ForSerious, a question for you.
In this post:

you told us that you resolved color shifting can be bypassed through a lot of mind-numbing study and using the CLI. Please can you tell me how you resolved this?

Have you compared Apollo, vs Chronos, vs Rife Flowframes?

What Cameron7127 said is not sarcasm (look it up), but expressing his/her disappointment in the performance of the software after spending considerable sums of money. In my case, I choose not to spend my hard earned money on experimental software. I have that wait and see approach and continue to read the forum messages, watching for a shift away software problems to more folks sharing ideas to make their videos look better, without buggy software getting in the way. When I see a majority of people sharing ideas and fewer messages about software problems will be the day I fork over the cash to renew my license.

3 Likes

i leave this forum during 4 months, and it’s still the same comments, and the same things lol… and that’s since day one, in 2020.
before people were complaining about 2.6.4, when 3.0 was out people were complaining about it was not as good as 2.6.4 lol. yes, the early release of VAi has been a bit chaotic, but today, after one year of update and work, this is very very impressive, and lot of stuff and bugs have been cleared , new options added, new models, etc…

but if you wait about the comments in this forum to upgrade or whatever you want to do, It will never happen, for one single reason : it’s a support community forum, notice the word “community” !!!

that’s mean that 99% of the messages are about complaining about the software, or issue or performance. on one hand you have people not happy because it’s not fast enough for their 4000$ RTX, and then, they improve the software to deal with it, and it lead to people complaining that their computer can’t handle the extra power, and bashing the software instead of their hardware. people are and will never happy !

people when they are happy, they are not there, they spend time to use the software …
rarely they tell they are happy.
it’s the same for every software and every support. if you look at the Steinberg forum (private, only way to access it is by ID customer, no Beta, no free inscription) and it’s far far worst than here !! and Steinberg is a much bigger company than Topaz !

so if you base yourself on the fact that “i’ll update when i’ll see joy and beautiful roses in the forum”, it will just never happen.

what Cameron7127 said… is a nonsence comment, like many other tell here since i’m on this forum as a witness since 2020. it’s always the same. most of the issues you guys complain about i never experienced them, i’m very happy with the software actually, and i tell this when i don’t have any internet connection since 4 months now (so mainly offline 99.99% of the time) and with a low gear for such a software. but i clearly tell that i’m very happy with this software. maybe because i’m old enough to have worked in the Video industry 35 years ago, and deal with the gear at this time, lol… maybe it would help that some people here try the old gears available in the 80’s/90’s.

9 Likes

I think Cameron7127 said about Mac version. I work on Win11 and for me almost all version are normal, not beta. Yes, from time to time I have some note, but never crash issue. Reading forum I see is a lot of problems on Mac product.

1 Like

“…most of the issues you guys complain about i never experienced them…”

Well, my point exactly. Apparently, you’ll never experience the problems I experienced. It appears were at an impasse. So no sense going over the problems I had with TVAI v3.1.0, since the problems I had back then are still problems for some folks today. In other words, TVAI v3.3.1 is still buggy and very much an experimental piece of software.

1 Like

Here’s a link to Apollo vs Chronos vs RIFE. Guess I never posted those before. Not sure how long I’ll leave that link active.
For colorspace, I use the information found in this page.
The important thing to know is that to process in TVAI it has to convert to RGB48le. Then you have to
convert it back to whatever your output is going to need. When I have more time I can make a better write up of how to do it.

1 Like

For convert to rgb48 with matrix 709 I know this: ConvertToRGB48(matrix=“rec709”). Do you use another command or there is something that I am missing?

The RGB48le Is only valid for Topaz Video Ai or is valid for the old version of Topaz Video Enhance AI 2.3.0?

Well, since this was the first and only post of him he apparently didn’t really seek for help / ironing out issues.

And, apart from the fact that this alone renders his complaint moot, generic posts like ‚I have problems‘ / ‚there are bugs‘ but without telling what exactly are just senseless.

1 Like

I’ve posted many questions, going way back to the original v1 launch looking for solutions to various problems. The problems I had with v3.0.0 still persist to this very day, as posted by many other users. So there’s no sense posting the same ole questions, that other users have already posted. Like I said before, once I see improvement, then I’ll consider renewing my license, but not until then.

Version 3.0.0 was crap, I even said myself it was not even beta ready.
Do not tell me 3.3.1 has not improved 150% since then.
I’m one of the most vocal critics since 2.6.4 but the devs have done great work over the last 18 months.
I’m realistic enough to admit it’s not perfect but can use it in workflow combined with Davinci Resolve which I notice you dont want to pay for either.

2 Likes

Totally agree with this statement ! ok, i’m going back to offline mode lol (and i don’t complaint about a download manager not there (yet) lol :smiley:

You are correct, I use the free version of Davinci Resolve. Buying the retail version would be overkill for what I do with the software.

Which is a very good thing I put mine into smart priority on my MSI Center then MSI knows I will now Overclock the Nvidea card and add more power to the blower to keep it cold and of course put your bios and the performance in control panel to maximize performance and a pagefile that is set the hard way.

Do not use real time performance but add the Topaz AI to smart priority with MSI it works flawlessly and latesr drivers control centrer.

I still hope that the 4090 can exceed 30fps when processing Artemis, when the 1080P is increased to 4K

That is kind of the point of the forums though, especially the beta. People are supposed to come here to report their issues, and each iteration we can be expected to report the same issues if they are not fixed.

The anger I see here quite often is unwarranted though, and people need to be more objective and polite. The devs are here to listen to issues, figure out what it wrong, and fix the problems they can quickly fix to make the software more usable before they tackle some issues that will take longer time to fix. That is how dev goes, it is how dev always will go. They have posted roadmap to show you what they are working on in what order, and if you see your issue on that roadmap then it is safe to assume you do not need to repost it.

Really, the only things that needs to change here is people’s attitude and rudeness, which I myself have gotten caught up in before responding to others being so rude, and the basic fundamental understanding of what it means to use a piece of software early, even if you are paying for it.

3 Likes