Topaz Video AI v3.1.8

In Preferences, click Interface in the sidebar and make sure Auto-Play Preview is disabled. This does toggle the behavior you’re seeing. If auto-play is already disabled, I’m out of ideas :worried:.

Previews are utterly broken for me in 3.1.8. When I do a preview the processed side looks fine, but the original (left) jumps back and forth between two frames very quickly while the arrow on the timeline jumps all over the place.

And why do you need to do a preliminary view in the program? Simply, press on the file that is processed in the final folder, and the MPC video player will play the part of the video that has already been processed…

I Enabled Intel UHD 770 GPU and Intel Arc A770 GPU,If I diplay on UHD770,Topaz Video AI call A770,The program will repot unknow error.
I want the UHD770 GPU to be able to handle display tasks. Is there a solution?

Model Download is EXTREMELY slow here from Germany - only getting 1mbit instead of my 1gbit capabilities…

4 Likes

Is any one trying to use this version on an Intel Mac with Ventura 13.2 or later? Does it work as expected ? Thank you.

I find that too, at times with Topaz products, the worst example a few days ago when installing a trial version of gigapixel. It had to download 60 or 70 different models if I recall correctly, and at only 1 to 2 MBps took nearly half an hour instead of the expected few minutes.

This is very frustrating when like you and me we have near gigabit or gigabit connections - this is something else Topaz need to fix before adding their bells and whistles. I almost abandoned the process altogether.

2 Likes

2023-03-09-17-09-18.tzlog (114.4 KB)
Unable to open file
andrewlamberson@hotmail.com

That’s Sony camera raw image file. I shoot photos and save in this lossless format, and then use Photoshop to clean up and save in regular file format like TIFF or JPEG. You’ll need to convert it into something Topaz can read.

I have found the model downloads will go >100 Mb/s but downloading the new version of the program every week is very slow when I use the “update now” button on the popup, <10 Mb/s.

I observed a bug yesterday working on frame sequences. I tried to add a sequence of .jpg frames in a folder, the folder also had a .py and .bat file with the numbered .jpg frames (I had the scripts to do some pre-processing to generate the .jpg frames). The .bat filename started with ‘##’, because I wanted it to be at the top of the file list in Explorer.

The preview of the original sequence played fine, but when I enabled Proteus, Chronos Fast, and Themis and hit preview, the status line repeatedly cycled between “Downloading model”, “Loading Model”, and “Model Loaded” (or something).

My GPU VRAM maxed out at 24GB used (RTX 3090) and I watched the program download and replace some of the files in the models directory over and over.

I think a listdir-like operation must have been picking up the .bat or .py files and trying to include them as members of the image sequence somehow. I restarted Video AI several times and had the same thing happen. When I moved the .bat and .py files out of the folder the program began to work as expected.

This is easy to avoid by not leaving .bat or .py files in the folder, but may indicate other pitfalls like if a user has a hidden OS-created file in the folder, like a thumbs.db or desktop.ini etc.

My test machine is Windows 10. I can create a MWE if needed.

Am getting 404 Not Found for the windows download link(1).

404 for previous versions as well.

Just bought the app for $300 and can’t even download the merchandise.

The refund page(2) says to contact Topaz via a “support beacon on the website”. No idea what a support beacon is, but if anyone from Topaz reads the comments here, please let me know how I can get my money back.

(1) downloads.topazlabs.com%2Fdeploy%2FTopazVideoA%2F/3.1.8%2FTopazVideoAI-3.1.8.msi
(2) support.topazlabs.com%2Farticle%2F35-topaz-labs-refund-policy

Have you tried to download from the first post in this thread, no errors when I try:

Note that the links you posted are incorrect and that is why you get a Error 404, the correct link to the download page is:

https://www.topazlabs.com/downloads

I had to URI-encode the links in the original post because the forum message posting box said I wasn’t allowed to submit links.

I clicked on the link from the /downloads page you linked and got the same 404 error.
https://downloads.topazlabs.com/deploy/TopazPhotoAI/latest/TopazPhotoAI.msi => 404

Anyway, I figured out what the “beacon” thingy was. Had to disable my adblocker, and then it showed up. Have requested a refund from the “beacon” support feature.

I tried all the download links at https://www.topazlabs.com/downloads and they all worked just fine.

The links as above all work for me too, including https://downloads.topazlabs.com/deploy/TopazPhotoAI/latest/TopazPhotoAI.msi so it’s something at the your end I suspect - but you are entitled to money back of course as it’s a no questions asked policy.

How do i process multiple videos without having to select each video individually and selecting each setting I want to apply? I want to use the same settings on all videos and add them all at the same time instead of having to apply the settings to each individual video. You used to be able to do this on older versions by checking the select box on all videos but there doesn’t seem to be a way to apply settings to all videos or atleast I’m not seeing it.

Ctrl+A = Select All
You can apply the same settings to all selected videos

2 Likes

Indeed, the DNS server I was using pointed to an incorrect IP address.
Changing DNS server resolved the issue. Thanks.

Solved my need using pytorch instead, so will let the refund request progress. Needed the tool for a time sensitive task, which is now completed. Window of need closed :slight_smile:

You want to reply to @DaveL not to me :wink:

I see on the roadmap that you are working on the timeline scroll bar.
I just wanted to add a thought on the topic:

It would be really great (for me, at least) if the scroll bar stayed in the same position in all of the previews. Right now, when I am really getting into tweaking the small details in a video, it is hard to compare the video previews when each one is at a different place in the video. I can usually manually match up the frames but it just adds unnecessary time to an already painstaking process.

Additionally, I have found the scroll bar to be especially erratic in this version. It might just be me and my workflow but I find the video is playing unexpectedly when I think it should be paused. Like I will go back to the input and be surprised that is has been playing while I am working in the preview section. I feel like I am constantly fighting the app, always having to stop the video from playing or turning itself on. It’s sort of hard to describe – I guess basically, I am constantly saying “Oh, why is the video playing? I don’t think I did anything to make that happen…”

2 Likes