Topaz Video AI v3.1.8

I requested this same thing (sync preview windows) several months ago, it’s probably already on their to-do list. Can’t hurt to have others asking for it as well though.

1 Like

Pytorch is a framework.
What was your requirement and how did you achieve this.
Just curious.

1 Like

The Intel® Deep Link doesn’t seem to be working.
Intel 13700K,Intel A770,Resizable BAR Enabled,According to support pages, A770 GPU with UHD770 GPU should work together(Intel® Deep Link Support).but the UHD770 has never been called.
Is this normal?

I hope that the artemis and proteus models continue to be improved week after week. Also, please do not abandon facial enhancement. Even if it’s a use at your own risk setting, I’d like to be able to run GFPGAN and CodeFormer to enhance a face and it would be great to be able to choose the strength of the enhancement from 0 to 100. I have done this with stable diffusion and while not perfect, sometimes the results are quite good and acceptable.

1 Like

I think the problem with face enhancement as provided by Topaz in say gigapixel is that it’s based on a generic face and not the specific face you wish to enhance, so it’s not taken from photos or frames from the same video of the same person. Therefore, you often get a face that looks like someone else - not the person you want! This method won’t be acceptable for most use cases in TVAI.

Now if GFPGAN or similar could be incorporated into TVAI, or as a separate application, with the user choosing which face/frames to base the enhancement on, that would seem to be a far more useful way to go.

2 Likes

If it is just a plug-in, there is no need to add it, you can find other open source tools.
I can’t understand why so many people want to add Video AI to something like CodeFormer. Even if it is added, it will be an independent workflow and not related to other processing. What is the difference between this and you directly using open source tools?

The open source tools don’t always work and they also don’t have a nice GUI, which speeds up the setup of a new project. I have a 4090 and codeformer apparently doesn’t work with a 4090. I’ve never been able to get it to work.

Do you mean this RTX 4090 Error: nvrtc: error: invalid value for --gpu-architecture (-arch) · Issue #167 · sczhou/CodeFormer (github.com) ?

Yes, I get the same exact error. I’ve searched reddit/github etc and haven’t ever been able to find a resolution.

I can only interpret this as, it now checks for all 3 color channels, so a clarification would indeed be nice.

On the topic itself, it seems to me we have the same problem. Is your source a DVD movie as well? I am asking because I have some where, there is a shutter effect applied to bump up a original 25fps movie to 30fps. So the duplicates are actually blends from one frame before and after, which I guess makes it very hard to detect.

Before I thought this was actually some function lend from ffmpeg but now that I tested both Apollo and Chronos side-by-side, I can see there is a difference. With Apollo it feels like the sensitivity slider does nothing but with Chronos I actually have to fine tune the thing, so it won’t look choppy. This is very unfortunate because I think the Apollo model is definitely better, especially for the purpose of correcting for the normal speed fps.

Hey for those using Intel ARC GPU’s the latest ARC 31.0.101.4146 driver seems to be the culprit in slowing down performance (~0.8fps).

After reverting back to 31.0.101.4091 performance went back to ~4fps. Recommend downgrading until intel has released updated drivers.

If you provide complete logs and running environment, I can try to see.

Kind of. It is from a Blu-ray disc but was originally formatted to be on a DVD.

I even did what I said I would do: converted a bunch of the duplicates to exact duplicates, and it still treated them the same.

1 Like

Conversely:

Please stop claiming that the problem is in the Kapersky program, when it is evident that the problem is in Topaz, plagued by 1000 other problems that not even an alpha open source version has.

You may be a video enthusiast, and it’s true that TopazVAI is doing interesting things, but for now only potentially, TVAI is not a real usufruibuile program, like Kapersky, that has been working for years into millions of PCs, like it or not.

5 Likes

It needs a big amount of dishonest to relate the faulse positive of kaspersky on the topaz Dll file to the fault of Topaz…

unfortunatly, Kaspersky fixed their “mistake”… so where topaz is at fault here ?

everything else is out of subject.

2 Likes

I am suddenly getting this when trying to process a video. Not sure if this is any help at all as pretty new any errors of this sort.

This may be of more help

Do you only say don’t use Kaspersky because of the Russian connection ?

Wonder if you get this question deleted again.

2 Likes

I have had some strange temp files stuck next to the complete ones. Maybe it will be sorted out in the next update. Running 3.1.7

This is the 3.1.8 release thread, and in the release notes:

Fixes app not cleaning temp files when process fails (doesn’t apply to crashes)

Suggest you install 3.1.8 and see if it fixes your issue.

1 Like