Topaz Video AI v3.1.5

what did you do exactly ? and give system / codecs spec ? (with codec you use ? i use the Lav Filters from MPC, maybe it’s related to the Lav filters on MPC itself.

First / saved picture from the source file in Avi, picture saved by using MPC-BE
Second / saved picture from the source file in Avi, picture saved by using Vegas Pro19
video displayed inside VegasPro are fine like in Topaz.

MVI_2232.AVI_snapshot_00.00_2023.02.19_13.34.07
MVI_2232.AVI_VegasPro19

Maybe it’s just a decoding problem, using nv h264&h265 encoders behaves basically the same in mpv.

The apollo, and the 2 chronos models were for interpolation (either for converting to higher (or lower too?) frame rates or slow motion). The Apollo was supposed to be better where the footage has things not moving at the same rate throughout I think and I think it takes into account more frames (so may be slower but it might detect the motion better). I think there was a demo of it on a Topaz page when they were introducing it.

It might be worth preview a clip with all 3 to see which converts it best and then using that.

yes that’s what i’m thinking too. but the picture output from VegasPro is showing the issue. So i’m trying to find where it is (lol), much easier to test than in Topaz :wink: but clearly it’s not a topaz / VideoAi related issue

thanks for the suggestion.
it looks like the color is affected simply by converting the video from avi to mp4.
that makes the matter even more complicated for me.
and i have to withdraw my suspicions and doubts about correct operation of Video AI
the problem seems to lie elsewhere

1 Like

You only need to transcode the input video to a common format first, and if there is no difference, then throw it into the Video AI test.

1 Like

yes, if i have the same issue with Vegaspro19, clearly the issue is not related to Topaz / VideoAi.

i thought that it could be an issue with Color Profile 0-255 / 16-235 , i tried that but it’s not. on vegaspro, it’s not related to MPC-Be, but i don’t know which is doing the import treatment, is it Lav Filters with Vegas ? I’ll Need to install my old Mjpeg dedicated decoder, but really i’m too tired to try all this now (didn’t slept since 24 hours and can’t sleep before 10 hours lol), but at least, you know it’s not a topaz related issue ! so if you can continue to investigate on your side, that would be kind :wink: (or hoping someone else here want to help (but outside of the topaz Ai “thing” as it’s not related).

It’s actually very similar to the first problem I had, but then I chose to work around it. Video Enhance 2.6.4 H264 encoder problem

I already did a test by converting his Mjpeg Avi File to a H264 Mp4 file outside of both software, and proceced the H264 Mp4 file in topaz, and same issue lol. it’s certainly something very stupid lol related to color profil or picture encoding format etc like you said. but my brain has some difficulties to concentrate lol. maybe tomorrow, i’ll try again with some fresh “air” ;).

You can send me the input and output, and I’ll see if there is a problem on my side.

i just noticed that Vegas Pro is showing the issue in the timeline, in fact… so related on the import, or the way vegaspro display the picture. there is some parameters for the video output, i’ll try that.
yes i can send you the different files i did.

03 Capture d'écran 2023-02-19 14.30.15

found someone else having the same issue related to mjpeg format, the guys are with the same conclusion as me, fixed the issue by using a third party mjpeg decoder having more color profile options (or not lol) :

What do you think is the difference between them?

which player do you use ?

capture of MPC Setting

I’ve never seen this image, it’s clearly overexposed. So no matter how much you give feedback, it is impossible for me to appear.

it’s not my problem anyway, and not my video.

That’s right, people who require accurate colors first need a player with accurate decoding.

Whatever the reason, the smoothest option would be to convert 25p to 50p - or even 75 or 100p. That should produce the best results by far and no dup frames to worry about. I always try to work out what the original frame rate was and to get back to that or some exact multiple of it. Same principle with slomo.

Missing frames (followed by duplicates) in poorly recorded video or frame rate down-conversions with missing frames say 30 to 25 fps are of course a zillion times harder to fix or otherwise deal with.

1 Like

I also thought that it is necessary to observe the multiplicity of 25/50, 30/60, but I checked it several times and noticed that 60 fps is always smoother. Maybe because my TV is 60 Hz. ?

Я конвертирую музікальніе клипі в 4к120fps. В них много динамичніх сцен. Apollo делает более-менее хорошо. Chronos Fast на движущихся фоновіх структурах делает неприемлемій брак!

1 Like