Topaz Video AI v3.1.2

the application crashed suddenly. here are the latest log files:

logs.zip (775.2 KB)

Please add back the ability to set a custom suffix on the filename for output files.

Can I edit the registry in some way to achieve this now?

Computer\HKEY_USERS\xxxxxxxxxxxxxx\SOFTWARE\Topaz Labs LLC\Topaz Video AI
There is this key: exportFilename

Can I set a suffix there?

Something of a positive note for the Topaz teamā€¦

I am really impressed with how good the Gaia results now look. :+1: :+1: :+1:

5 Likes

Were changes made to the Gaia models? :eyes:

What is ā€œspfā€? Whatever they are, they are slow :wink: I took my Alienware windows machine and did a ā€œReset PCā€ today, and the only software installed currently is Video AI and Google Drive. I was having blue screen crashes with it the past few days.
TopazSPF

Iā€™m interested in why you think Gaia has improved. Are you talking about speed or the way it looks? To me, it looks exactly the same. Gaia HQ that is, I havenā€™t tried Gaia CG.

You should only see a difference when the model version changesā€¦ though, so far, TVAI 3 often does the 4x model where VEAI 2 would do a 2x model.

That should not have changed unless you use a different resolution video.

It does look good, although I bet it would look just as good in version 2.6.4, because Gaia models are still at v5.

1 Like

Last I checked, it picks the 4x model when converting a DVD to FHD on the Artemis High Quality model. VEAI 2.6 picks the 2x model on the same settings and source. You can easily see the differences. I brought it up a lot in the first few releases of TVAI.

Interesting, in 2.x.x, the switch between the 2x and 4x models happened between 239% and 240% upscale. Perhaps that has changed.

1 Like

Yeah, youĀ“re right. My conclusion of Gaia being improved came from upscaling/ enhancing Dione deinterlaced PAL footage. When deinterlaced by Dione one common artifact of Gaia (details moving through a static noise pattern) was heavily reduced. But when using the same Gaia model on material deinterlaced with Staxrip QTGMC its there again. Soā€¦ no improvement for Gaia I guessā€¦ ;-/

I am fascinated by the improvement of Topaz Photo AI when reconstructing faces. Its a compareable if not better quality than Remini AI. IĀ“d love to see this with temporal consistence in Topaz Video AIĀ“s Gaia or Proteusā€¦

1 Like

Little more than half a minute for a frame ā€¦ not bad. (sarcasm) :sweat_smile:

What are the specs of your alien machine?

Of course I did.
I pointed to apo/thm models that suddenly needed a redundant parameter.

If you want ā€œreconstructing facesā€ in TVAI, you can ā€œVoteā€ in Feature Request (Ideas) by clicking the ā€œVoteā€ button next to the Tittle. :partying_face: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Can you point me to a link for feature requests?

TVAI Feature Request (the Categoty name changed to ā€œIdeasā€ a few day ago)

2023-02-07_163231

3.1.2 is no longer running on my Intel iMac (last version) with 40GB Ram.
After upgrading to the latest Mac OS Ventura it crashes the system, or says out of memory.
Was running fine before the Mac update.

No problems on M1/M2 Macs

Topaz Labs Support have reported back on the logs sent to them about the issue of random exports in a batch export reporting ā€˜out of memoryā€™ when there is still plenty of RAM available.
" Unfortunately, this is occurring due to running too many processes at the same time. There is a known issue with Themis failing. Please try again and avoid using Themis if you wish to have this many processes running in parallel."
So, nothing to do with CPU caches or ā€˜Your Mac is to powerful to run TPVAIā€™ LOL.