Topaz Video AI v3.1.2

I revert back to the 3.1.2 version because the latest beta was too unstable. :eyes:

Iā€™ve already said that I donā€™t see a difference in speed. Iā€™m already fast enough anyway. Iā€™m averaging 0.14 spf. on a 1440x1080 video to the same output resolution. That is 1440x1080 with the denoise sharpen filter from artemis. I couldnā€™t go any faster than that. unless I set the power limit slider to 100% on MSI After Burner to gain 0.02 spf. But in this case, the GPU temperature rises to more than 50Ā° and the fans are running at full speed. I prefer not to burn my card and stay in the 45-46Ā° range and have less noise from the fans.

Thatā€™s how I burned my previous card. I had left the basic MSI after Burner settings. And so I was always in the 70-75Ā° range because I used VEAI 7 days a week. It lasted almost 3 years. So now, I manage to not exceed 50Ā° on my new card to make it last longer. I hope to keep it for at least 5-6 years or more.

By the way, my previous card was an MSI aƩro RTX 2080. My new one is a MSI Ventus RTX 3070.

My W6800 never runs below 80Ā°C while compute, goes up to 109Ā°C on its hotspot.

But its made for this.

Same experience here with my rtx 2070 super. I got it in December 2019 processing dozens of movies in endless hours. It is still running fine and I can both turn off the intel turbo boost for the cpu to save 10 W and limit the gpu temperature to 65 Ā°C which sets the gpu power to 50 % which is the lowest in msi afterburner and it still processes with nearly the same speed while saving another 80 watts at least. :slight_smile:

1 Like

After, I read an article 2-3 months ago that indicated that to extend the life of a GPU, you should avoid exceeding 60Ā°.

1 Like

It still occurs.
It seems to be more likely to occur in darker, noisier scenes.
It has been neglected for a long time and I would like to see it addressed soon.

Not sure why you are posting then? You just said you donā€™t see a difference in speed overclocking your GPU, after we just said it is still hardly using the GPU and you have to do multiple transcodes parallel. You are the one doing damage to your GPU, stop overclocking it. You are creating a ton of heat with little to zero actual improvement.

Gave you something to try, you instantly said you tried it, when I doubt that, and then once again go on to talk about more GPUā€¦ again, the app is NOT using 100% GPU at any point, the new speed increase has got it a lot better, but I am still hardly using 50%, even with upscaling and going to 60fps. Not saying I got all the answers or anything, but also just wondering why you are here then.

Are you talking about the setting in TVAI or in MSI after Burner?
When I say I donā€™t see a difference itā€™s if I set 75 or 90 or 100%. But maybe I should have specified that it is in TVAI

Yeah, in TVAI, go to preferences, then go to Max Memory Usage (%). Mine is currently at 75% and I see a SOLID improvement in speed over 100% (I get about .40-.75spf). I assume it is because that leaves some ram for my OS and other rendering that is not TVAI and it allows to TVAI to just run at full speed. I also have mine set to max processes at 2ā€¦ but again like I said if I want to max out my GPU I have to run two version of TVAI at the same time.

(I do not think that setting is live. I think it only applies when I restarted my encode.)

that s my plan. :slight_smile:

Anyway, the settings in TVAI at 75%-90Ā° or 100%, I am still at 0.13-0.14 spf. And an overall average of 0.14 spf. Which is almost double the speed of TVEAI version 2.6.4. And Iā€™m happy with that. And I donā€™t exceed 46-47Ā° from my GPU

an old bug re appeared again where the image is eaten up by a black box at some point. in this case it appeared ofter hours of processing with very little cpu and gpu heat (cpu 50 Ā°C, gpu 60 Ā°C)

1 Like

That is very low. Do you have an extra fan? Open case? I know gamers aiming for 71c but often run above on their RTXā€™s.

My fan speed is running 60% by stock on 71 c

I have two 100mm fans on my GPU

Iā€™ve also 2 fans on the GPU (ā€œASUSā€ NVIDIA RTX3060) fan speed 2x2150rpm 72Ā°C,
SYS fan 939rpm,
CPU (big ā€œAlpenfƶhnā€ cooler with 2 fans) 2x1800rpm 63Ā°C @4.2GHz.
As good as no noise because I invested in high quality fans

1 Like

When doing upgrade install on windows, the installer ask to delete the old modelsā€¦this question does NOT appear when doing upgrades on the Mac, is this normal?

72Ā° is a lot I think. You will last at least +/- 3 years with your card.
This was my old graphics card:

This is my new graphics card bought during the black friday sale:

3 years are ok

Try setting -r ā€œframerateā€ in the ffmpeg param