Topaz Video AI v3.1.2

I am fascinated by the improvement of Topaz Photo AI when reconstructing faces. Its a compareable if not better quality than Remini AI. I´d love to see this with temporal consistence in Topaz Video AI´s Gaia or Proteus…

1 Like

Little more than half a minute for a frame … not bad. (sarcasm) :sweat_smile:

What are the specs of your alien machine?

Of course I did.
I pointed to apo/thm models that suddenly needed a redundant parameter.

If you want “reconstructing faces” in TVAI, you can “Vote” in Feature Request (Ideas) by clicking the “Vote” button next to the Tittle. :partying_face: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Can you point me to a link for feature requests?

TVAI Feature Request (the Categoty name changed to “Ideas” a few day ago)

2023-02-07_163231

3.1.2 is no longer running on my Intel iMac (last version) with 40GB Ram.
After upgrading to the latest Mac OS Ventura it crashes the system, or says out of memory.
Was running fine before the Mac update.

No problems on M1/M2 Macs

Topaz Labs Support have reported back on the logs sent to them about the issue of random exports in a batch export reporting ‘out of memory’ when there is still plenty of RAM available.
" Unfortunately, this is occurring due to running too many processes at the same time. There is a known issue with Themis failing. Please try again and avoid using Themis if you wish to have this many processes running in parallel."
So, nothing to do with CPU caches or ‘Your Mac is to powerful to run TPVAI’ LOL.

No ctrl+A shortcut for select all in Input?

You are not wrong. :slightly_smiling_face:

While the model itself is still the same the quality of the output is much improved when GaiaHQ is used in combination with the “add noise” feature.
In 2.6.4 GaiaHQ tends to have issues with noisy/grainy material; it transforms the noise/grain into stretching lines or bumpy “details” on faces and such.
In the current version that issue is still there but can be overcome by using “add noise”.

1 Like

For some reason, I’m not able to add my vote. The little heart appears under some posts, and on others it’s missing. Strange.

Unfortunately, on my Mac, the add noise function adds visible noise and it looks bad.

There is a “Vote” button next to the title (top of the post).

Ok, got it. Done!

The difference is subtle in a still image but is quite an improvement in the resulting video-output.

first image: with added noise (much improved)

second image: without added noise (not a good, same result as in 2.6.4)

2 Likes

GTX 3060. It’s basically lost its mind. I only use this machine or bitcoin, Topaz, and editing Insta360 footage, so it was a fairly clean Windows install. Due to seeing some blue screens lately (after this most recent update), I did the Reset PC and discarded all my files and started out from scratch. Now the only thing it has installed is Video AI… And it gives me “Unknown Error”. I think something is borked with this particular version on PC.

Which driver for the gpu did you install?

I have always left everything at defaults. After restarting from a fresh Windows 11, then having to install, uninstall and reinstall Video IA, it’s working again.

1 Like

On ExtremeTech, there’s a critical comment about TVAI, which I totally agree with. It’s under the Chrome and Edge Browsers to Get Nvidia RTX AI Video Upscaling article.

1 Like

´Reduce Jittery Motions´ with 2 or more passes is incredibly slow on Macbook Pro M2 max. If it takes too long to processes (10-15 min.) it even freezes the program completely.
I know the settings description points out that each additional pass “significantly increases processing time”, but even so it feels unnaturally sluggish and unstable compared to every other filter.

Can this be a bug, or is it simply many times more resource heavy compared to all other filters?