Topaz Video AI v3.1.1

Like this example, or this example?
The second example is what it looks like when a movie is converted to progressive without deinterlacing. At that point, it’s pretty hard to undo.
The long drawn out point I’m trying to get at is: I don’t think it’s possible to convert interlaced movies into PNG AND have TVAI read them as interlaced. They should either be super squashed, or have transparent horizontal lines, but that just depends on how your picture viewer chooses to display them. But PNG has no ability to keep the interlacing information for anything to deinterlace it.
Maybe that’s what the interlaced progressive models are made to handle. Dione Robust and Dione Robust Dehalo. I haven’t had a video that needed those yet to have tried them.

But I use CPU, not GPU to generate. So old card is not problem, right ?
The models are used for both GPU case and CPU cast, or seperate models for CPU and seperate models for GPU ?

Definitely. I support that request as well.

Man… getting even better the more I use 3.1.1!
I am currently doing Aliens Special Edition upscaling to 4k and 50fps + proteus and I am getting a solid 4.5-5fps!

Keep in mind when I do mine I always strip out the audio tracks first ffmpeg -i vidya.mkv -c copy -an name.mp4 and then later put them back together with audio ffmpeg -i newvidya -i vidyawaudio -c copy -map 0:v -map 1:a -shortest vidya.mp4 and that has been working lovely for me thus far. I am using h265 main10 on auto with mp4 containers, as I find plex/jellyfin by FAR prefer mp4 for direct play. I strip the subs out with ffmpeg -i vidya -map 0:s:0 vidyasubs.srt
Just figured I would give my current process for anyone else with a 3000 series gpu to try.

1 Like

1/ did you tried the others export video option in the preference ?
2/ if 1/ doesn’t fix the issue, do you have this issue with all videos or only this one ? if only this one, then try to convert it to H264/H265 again with an another encoder and try to redo it again in VAi. maybe ffmpeg has some problem with the original codec used from your video for reason X or Y.

When I’m using Proteus to clean up an video (100% not upscaling yet), everything seems to work except for reds. Anything “red” in the image breaks into vertical lines. Because of this, the picture “out” is worse than the picture “in”. I’m sure this is new as I don’t remember seeing it before.

Hey,
1, Yes, I did try. mov/v9 doesn’t produce these issues.
2. All videos. I tried to convert to h264 and them Upscale as well, avail, no change.

Not sure what the issue might be, but I guess it’s related to the new 300% “boost” they introduced in the latest version.

that’s the input source I got. But previous versions didn’t produce this issue.

Write to the support. Software work great here, with H264 / Mp4 / Auto, with Temp directory Export video mode. on a A4500 RTX and a 1050ti.

they need to take a look at your logs and see why you have these issues. It’s not normal. Maybe it’s not the software related. Ffmpeg has is pro and cons too.

Version: 3.1.1
Feature request: Add name of output file to the output film label.
Why?: So a user is able to match the output file, in this case an export failure, to the input file so able to try again.
Whyl output failure?
I have 17 360º 5760x2880 prores files. I am applying manual proteus denoise and anti-aliase to them all, batch job. A few of the exports reported ‘out of memory’ (WHY??). This job is running on a Mac with 96Gb of memory. Jobs set to run across 4 GPU cards. All outputs set to 5760x2880 prores422 HQ.
I wish to repeat the files that have failed again, but is tedious if not possible to match output review image with the input image. It would be better to match input and output by file name. Or better still, put a link of the input which produced this output in the output’s details pane. Do not wish to just rerun the output again as the same settings may cause the failure again.

In the panel on the right (where you chose your AI models) there are some options at the bottom that lets you pick your container, bit rate, and video codec.

It is kind of limited (No audio codec options, bit rate options are “constant bit rate”), but it’s there.

If you wanted too, you can use the command line tools to do your processing. It uses a modified version of ffmpeg, so if you know how to use ffmpeg, you can use that knowledge to tune the video output to get the exact settings you want.
Although, quite a few video codecs are missing (I believe this is a licensing conflict?). You can build your own version of ffmpeg with TVAI tools.

Github repo: GitHub - TopazLabs/FFmpeg at topaz/develop
Useful instructions: FFmpeg/INSTALL-Topaz.md at topaz/develop · TopazLabs/FFmpeg · GitHub

If you don’t want to compile your own version of ffmpeg to get access to a specific encoder, then you can use ffmpeg piping to pipe the output from TVAI ffmpeg into a different ffmpeg with the encoders you want and encode your video/audio with that one. However that does come with increase memory and CPU cost.

1 Like

Hi
Not sure what you are talking about here but I also encountered an issue loading video into Vegas. Turns out that some options in VEAI cause the output video to be variable frame rate. I’m re-processing old HDV 25i video and randomly some file result in variable frame rate rather constant. Posted a question but had no response and still not found the definitive cause.

Developper explains it here :

https://community.topazlabs.com/t/temp-files-and-output-files/38853

Red colors are generally very critical when encoding. Test if the problem disappears with a different export format like ProRes or higher bitrates.

Hi there - thank you for the reply. This is not after encoding (although I use Pro-Res), this vertical pattern is introduced at the preview stage.

I have the same problem, after updating to 3.1.x the calculations became much slower 4-7x.
i7-11700K / 32GB / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 / VRAM 6GB
Input 1920x1080 / Output 3840x2160 / 50fps / Artmenis
Before the update 9min, afterwards 43min

Not sure if it helps but here is proteus in 2.6.4 and 3.1.1
(Not the same frame but I think it shows the difference with the same input.

Which Driver and GPU?

Hi there - sorry…
3.8 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i7
AMD Radeon Pro 5500 XT 8 GB
Does that help?

which date has the driver?

Did you use stabilisation too?