Topaz Video AI v3.1.1

I am getting the same error messages

I can only get Auto audio to work no matter what container I use.

When I first saw 3.0 I too was dismayed, yet the more time I spent with it, the more itā€™s become invaluable for my video restoration/repairsā€¦

But if you want to take the wait and see approach thatā€™s 100% legitimate too, though you may want to look into becoming a beta tester, that way your direct input is seen by the devs, so you can help with the development of new/existing models!

This problem is obvious. Under the same configuration, the image quality will be reduced more than other models, and some scenes will have distortions that other models do not have.

If you have read arthuralexeevā€™s description, you can know that the Apollo model will change the content of each original frame. Even without mentioning the loss of image quality, the blurred frame is actually a regression, not to mention that it is unreasonable to modify the interpolation model of the original frame.

Maybe Iā€™ll do some more testing, but as far as noticeable artifacts go, it looks better than Chronos. I only have tried live action or CG videos on it.

It is not difficult to find these problems by choosing some simple and clear CG scenes, especially when you perform upscale, it is easier to find the distortion caused by the loss of image quality.

Hi there.
Please excuse my ignorance but what is the RIFE model? And not that it is your problem but I donā€™t even have the Apollo option come up in 3.1.1 on my system. (Or RIFE for that matterā€¦)

Is there any way to download the models to my local drive in 3.1.1? I donā€™t see any options. My apologies if this is obvious or answered somewhere else.
Thanks

How can I:

1. select a different output bitrate?
  2. select a different output container (MP4 instad of MOV)?
  3. select a different encoder (H.264 AVC with LAV AAC)?

Rife is not the work of topaz, you can go to Github to find open source tools, but the actual effect is not much different from Chronos

Hi, In GPU mode, when I choose option 8k + 120 FPS, I always get this error notice: Last FFmpeg messages: Unable to parse option value ā€œ0ā€ as video rate Unable to parse option value ā€œ0ā€ as video rate

In CPU mode, I cannot download any models. Please help ! Thanks in advance.

I use GTX 980 and Core i7

No they are exact as in input. Combed fields.

What are the properties of the video source input ?

Iā€™m new to this. Can anyone explain while after upscaling the picture is smaller?

Thanks for reply. My video is mp4, 30 FPS

Please help

New version adds a very strange artifacts when using h264/h265.
as an example, add a video and select the (for example) the artimis low quality model then process the video.
when playing back the video in VLC, try to skip (using arrow keys) forward or backward. you will notice strange artifacts and big chunks of pixel block that may or not disappear as VLC plays the video.
I never had this issue before, but it seems like the output is corrupted in some form.

I tried the same input video on VEAI 2.6.4 and the output is perfect.

see examples below:

I was more after what codec is the input file is and video dimensions.
Iā€™m asking because the hardware you have is very old and I think it canā€™t cope with such a high resolution and fps.
Even my system struggles to do 1080 > 4320 (5950X, RTX 3070)
8 mins to convert just 5 seconds.

Codec: H264 - MPEG-4 AVC (part 10) (avc1)
Video resolution: 640x480
Frame rate: 23.976024
Color primaries: ITU-R BT.601 (525 lines, 60 Hz)
Color transfer function: ITU-R BT.709
Color space: ITU-R BT.601 Range
Chroma location: Left

My response was not to you.
But is that the original file specs ?
If so for some reason it looks like itā€™s been rencoded and colour mapped to rec709

1 Like