Topaz Video AI v3.1.1

I suggest to add XDCAM HD422 codec because all TV productions use this AVID format output

2 Likes

So
 Yay apollo is back! Except it’s hot garbage now. The artifacting in this release is horrendous and makes it unusable for the time being.

1 Like

For me 2.6.4 is still better than 3.1.1.
More faster using Artemis Medium Quality or 100% (Denoise/Deblock) but 3.1.1 needs more to beat 2.6.4.
Thank you Topaz for this great program.

2 Likes

Opened app to use and get notification of update but then says I dont have a subscription, my bank account says otherwise.
keeps saying trial version even after logging in

What we need is a strength slider or some such!

2 Likes

Dione DV 2x makes 2 times more frames from the original
So from 80 there should be 160 (maybe some dropped, but not half)

Please answer my question about the png files.

thank you - yes that fixed it.

Since the first release of the Apollo model, I have found that it will reduce the quality of each original frame, even if it is only a static image. Perhaps a global blur filter would give a smoother feel?

(Apollo, no upscale, partial 300% zoom)
If upsampling is performed at the same time, the problem will be more serious, because it will perform Apollo first, making the loss of details more obvious, and even local errors will occur.

Ok, I have tried 3.1.1 and I have the same error using Proteus AUTO that there war in 3.1.0 and wasn’t in 3.0.1.1.In some scenes it’s like there are high values of dehalo. I posted two videos, now i will post two frames:

Topaz 3.0.1.1

Topaz 3.1.0 & Topaz 3.1.1

You can see that 3.0.1.1 is more sharpened and focused, 3.1.0 and 3.1.1 are more dehaloed. If I try with relative to Auto and i use dehalo -100, the result is the same.

Decided I’m out on this product for now. Going to wait a year and then come back and see how far it’s come and decide then.

I think thats the best course of action for me. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Very interresting, it’s almost like the prior one is from DV interlaced model.

It seems the quality of Gaia HQ is improved. In recent versions there has been a static noise pattern to the video. This is gone, thats great.

You are right. Gaia HQ looks really good now. :+1:

Sometimes I try to imagine how far they’d have come with VEAI 2.x had they continued with that and not dumped it unceremoniously last year. Most of the bells and whistles they’ve added in TVAI 3.x are already available in other established applications that many of us have anyway, and the ones that aren’t are mostly still bug-ridden or in effective beta.

There’s much to be said for sticking with what you are best at - the 2.6.4 stuff - until it’s fully developed or until a replacement (3.0) is a mature product before adding bells and whistles. Topaz are nowhere near that point yet so I too am out until this thing gets out of beta, god knows when. I still mostly use 2.6.4 though as it does things that my other video software does not.

6 Likes

Until the last updates to v3 I’ve stuck with v2.6.4.

But the performance and quality increases have made me finally make the jump to v3.

(If only Preview and the overall look of the programme itself where as nice as in 2.6.4)

Seeing even more dramatic FPS increase in this latest version. I am now getting about 3.8fps on a 4k video with proteus and noise removal. In 3.0.x that was around .6-.8. In 3.1 it was around 3.0-3.2.

Great job!

Yes, but obviously, I prefer the first one, because the second is too much dehaloed and if you see the two files I have loaded on drive, you can see that there are too many changing in dehaloing between one scene and the other. I repost the link here for comparisons purposes:

i cant get premier to inject any kind of ProRes output no matter what settings i use
 what’s going on here?

preference / Video Export : you have 4 different way to make an export. some of them are not compatible to use in other video player. so just do a test, until you find the video export which work best for you. the different exports are here to “answer” to the request of people wanting this or that feature. as it was not possible for now to please everybody with one single feature, they did this i think.

you"ll find the explanation and how to make it working for you here explained by the dev himself.
if you still have an issue, then, write to the support as it’s maybe related to something else :

https://community.topazlabs.com/t/temp-files-and-output-files/38853

1 Like

Is that Apollo or your output format reducing the quality?